Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

My new vid Return of the Nephilim. A tale of epic valor in the face of pure evil. Gets more intense as it moves along and there are alot of surprises, even up to the last credit, so if you can watch all the way through please do. Enjoy! dcal

aoSVWGno0k4

Edited by dcal
embed fail

Dcal,

that was brilliant!!! Been waiting for such vid for ages.

So armaverse has repeled another allien invasion...

P.S. i hope there will be more allien invasions ^^

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It was a blast to make. The flares happened unintenionally. I am using RSKL addons and the ships just started firing them off when I began recording for the vid and made a cool effect in some shots.

There were a few instances where really cool things happened during recording that were unintentional, like the alien firing the rocket and looking back at the camera as if to say "yeah......what!"

Another was the tank coming out from underneath the ship when the IL-76 hit it and than the ship that spilled out over it on fire. I had the big ship attached to the tank to keep it stationary with a trigger that detached it once the plane was about to hit it(so it would fall). When the tank rolled out an blew up I said "yes!".

Lots of fun moments like that while making it. It was bittersweet when I finally finished it.

Edited by dcal

Dcal, I'm speechless. I've featured your video on couple of websites. Love it! Now, I need to do a similiar coop campaign for my guys ;)

Little engagement during our recent forays into i44

iFvd7lJbgbw

Dicking around with the editor, first week after I got A2:

lbfGH7cCnxc

KyE_QZCW-6Q&hd=1

euoE9WhYOJI&hd=1

Edited by ihm

Description: Some clan mates and me were talking about which support helis both for troop transport/lift and attack may be the best for a custom edited TvT Domi. I came with the idea of confronting a Venom versus a Mi-24. Yes, i know it's weird, so i had to test it, and this is the resulting video:

(Comments are in spanish)

HD 720p direct download (300MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KA83O2B4

Youtube 480p:

0XjPVjThAqU

P.S: This is my first "serious" Arma 2 vid. Hope you like it :yay:

Edited by Vixente

Dcal that was bloody epic, that actualy gave me goose bumps watching that, and the part where the apache pops up....wow

Dcal, I'm speechless. I've featured your video on couple of websites. Love it! Now, I need to do a similiar coop campaign for my guys ;)

Very honored. Thanks Icebreakr.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Dcal that was bloody epic, that actualy gave me goose bumps watching that, and the part where the apache pops up....wow

Thanks. That is one of my favorite scenes too. That was the original scene I based the whole movie around.....it just grew from there as I had more ideas.

Oi dcal ... don't make me use the word "epic". Honestly, I carry a strong degree of animosity towards it! I'd hate having to break out a meme-like word to describe what you just did there :lookaround: :p

Also, 12 minutes worth of fully scripted machinima is no small feat. How long did take you to record and edit all that footage?

Started recording ck-claw and Jeza on TS3 being cocks arguing about hard drives so I though I'd add a little footage to it :D

qOEghP7oH3U

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Quality Neo! But Jeza still has issues lets be honest! :D:yay:

dcal that was awesome man. Some serious work there. No wonder you thanked your wife in the credits.

I can just hear what mine would be saying during production.

So what's it for? So what do you get at the end? Are you still doing that? Well your swearing a lot so maybe you should stop for a while.

Great work mate.

dcal that was awesome man. Some serious work there. No wonder you thanked your wife in the credits.

I can just hear what mine would be saying during production.

So what's it for? So what do you get at the end? Are you still doing that? Well your swearing a lot so maybe you should stop for a while.

Great work mate.

It is so hilarious that you said "so what do you get at the end?" because she actually asked me that very question:D

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Oi dcal ... don't make me use the word "epic". Honestly, I carry a strong degree of animosity towards it! I'd hate having to break out a meme-like word to describe what you just did there :lookaround: :p

Also, 12 minutes worth of fully scripted machinima is no small feat. How long did take you to record and edit all that footage?

It took about 2 months just working on it after work when I put the kids to bed. Alot of trial and error, some scenes were surprisingly easy and alot of scenes were more difficult than I anticipated.

A few things happened by accident, like the tank coming out from under the ship when it crashed down and the alien ship spilling out over the top of the IL-76. It was a ride.

It is so hilarious that you said "so what do you get at the end?" because she actually asked me that very question:D

Yeh wives and games are a funny blend.

There's a chain of fabric related shops in Aus called Spotlight. I guess its the closest comparison I can think of.

Except my wife doesn't sit on a chair wondering what people would do if she grabbed some fabric to make a cape and pretended to fly while I complete my missions LOL

Also dcal, your vid has been removed

:(

Edited by Grub