Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

Short Movie of Convoy Ambush and Duress Call

cf27jJ96biE

Arma 2 Combined Operations 10000 View Distance - Max Settings - Zargabad, enjoy the eye-candy

cOh8I-91RRE

watch in HD.

An Arma 2 machinima. Created in 4 days. A film created and directed by Grillo Domenico.

As requested...(might upload as .mp4 to youtube for better quality, but the file size will be large)

apVq20stxZQ

Nice work Dasniko. 4 days? very good job

Poor old Colonel Custard! You should do one about Colonel Sanders next, how he refused to take KFC to Takistan so "Vengance" was imposed apon him and his franchise.

Nice Vid by the way Dasnico.

thx guys I really appreciate the time you took to watch it and to comment. thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

there were still allot of mistakes in, but i really wanted to get some feedback. Im already planning my next movie. who knows maybe we could make one together?

see you soon.

Really nice vid Danisco.

If you're really into making ArmA machinima I would suggest you to get a cheap Hotas Joystick and map all the camera controls to it.

Best way to get smooth camera movements, way better then mouse+keyboard and more freedom than camera scripts.

I've always hated the use of camera scripts, you have to plan each shot and in the end you have to think like if you were doing a movie in the real world.

What I love about ArmA's camera.sqs is the absolute freedom it gives you. You're more like a reporter trying to get "the good shot" on the fly, and if you miss it you can still hit the restart button.

Keep up the good work :)

Edited by Macadam Cow

Really nice vid Danisco.

...I would suggest you to get a cheap Hotas Joystick and map all the camera controls to it... What I love about ArmA's camera.sqs is the absolute freedom it gives you.

Agreed, I even made a video about this very issue. (I used an Xbox 360 controller).

Edited by Fatal_Papercut
Cut off too much

I just found out about the camera in the editor. Yeah, Mouse and keyboard are pretty useless.

This is my first video. No editing besides the youtube add music thingy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGAPZp2LlWI

It's just a test. No real or good video.

What more can you do with the camera? Can you actually use it while playing? Or rather, after playing.

Edited by Posta

watch in HD.

An Arma 2 machinima. Created in 4 days. A film created and directed by Grillo Domenico.

Wow dude. That was really good. Great job!!

dasnico That was one hell of a well made machinima, a dark tale though!

Camera work was excellent and the sound effects were great, I know how much effort it takes to get good sound effects and I have no idea where you sourced all that great material from..

dasnico That is a nice vid

Here's some vids I made (Multiplayer game play)

A VCB Plug :o

PN5iODqFpyE

DaveP Already has a vid of this so I sped mine up and added music

cEMsV_RFiEQ

Cant be played by Germans due to little bit I added at the end of the vid :mad:

e96_j-vg8AE

SFERZpTJ_-o

Edited by FUNKSTAR

Campaign 6 was finished last month and Campaign 7 have started well - in every campaign, the two sides does its own "photo shoot" to mark the ending of a campaign. Sadly, my side on the BLUFOR, RiverStone inc, have lost the two last campaigns. However, our minds have never been darken and our backs never broken, in fact - we are stronger than ever and will never give up - the mentality is in a way like it was during the blitz, the more the pounding the more stronger we reject it. Thus I have made a video of this photoshoot, with the fighting spirit between the lines. :)

Anyhow, that's enough of my babble - here is the video you probably were looking for in the first place

ArmA 2 Charlie Foxtrot - RiverStone - "We are coming"

TI4o6A5-gA4

It's a bit slow to stream so make sure it is fully loaded before enjoying it in 1080p!:)

I know a bunch of people here use Sony Vegas for their editing. I've come across the problem on Vegas of the program not taking avi files, the format used by fraps. Is there a conversion program or plugin I'm missing for Vegas?

The avi files only show as sound only in Vegas.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Mustangdelta

AVI format is just the container of video and audio, the actual video/audio could be of a variety of formats.

FRAPS will use light compression codec bundled with FRAPS (FPS1)

There's some more information and a guide how-to re-compress using vDub here:

http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

I know a bunch of people here use Sony Vegas for their editing. I've come across the problem on Vegas of the program not taking avi files, the format used by fraps. Is there a conversion program or plugin I'm missing for Vegas?

The avi files only show as sound only in Vegas.

Thanks for any help.

Never had that problem, so I'm not sure how to fix it, but you can try the following. Just so you know, Vegas should be able to open avi files just fine. I'm guessing that you don't have the correct codecs installed. Try installing a codec pack, like K-Lite Codec Pack (google it), then restart Vegas and try again.

Again, not sure if this will help because Vegas could be using built-in codecs instead of the codecs installed on your PC, but it won't hurt to try.

5_crp_YSqs0

Its just a short test to show how good soundmods can correspond with eachother

Really nothing fancy, but gonna upload longer videos with less sunglare soon ;)

btw: I suggest you to watch it on youtube, otherwise you cant see it on Full HD 1080p, which makes a big difference! Edited by PurePassion

btw: does the video work for you, because i have just a white screen here on the forums..

You want to use only the ending bit of the URL for the embed to work.

[noobtube]5_crp_YSqs0[/noobtube]

5_crp_YSqs0

Its just a short test to show how good soundmods can correspond with eachother

So, you going to let us know what sound mods you have combined or whatever you've done??

@Grub

oh yes of course! The M252 is from RWS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13252&highlight=RWS+SOUND+MOD

explosions are from SOA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13218&highlight=SOUND+OF+ANDERS

environmental is from JSRS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11549&highlight=JSRS

but again the video is really nothing fancy...

@AnimalMother92

oooops... thanks alot!!

@Grub

oh yes of course! The M252 is from RWS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13252&highlight=RWS+SOUND+MOD

explosions are from SOA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13218&highlight=SOUND+OF+ANDERS

environmental is from JSRS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11549&highlight=JSRS

but again the video is really nothing fancy...

@AnimalMother92

oooops... thanks alot!!

Cheers man!