Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

Litos, I also think I already saw this Vid somewhere. You sure you didn´t do a Teaser or something like that with this footage?

Not at all! I really have no clue what you're talking about. Maybe someone made a video with some similar shots.

Not at all! I really have no clue what you're talking about. Maybe someone made a video with some similar shots.

I think there on about the bit at the start which is "Through their eye's"

Plus here's another vid Iv done.

DONT WATCH IF FLASHY LIGHTS MESS YOU UP! :)

zz9kMeScVQ8

Edited by FUNKSTAR

Some footage from a game yesterday night. :)

Stealthy firefights

Mission is to HALO near Nur at night, move in and destroy some power generators.

aGI8IwHGPSw

It's a rather quick edit to stay within 15 minutes, so a lot of loitering and talking has been cut.

Enjoy :)

Hmm maybe someone had the same Idea as you. I definately remember scenes where soldiers die, planes go up in flames and all that stuff and then everything is reverted.

I think I might know what you guys mean now - I had a very similar shot in Through Their Eyes, where the soldier is waving his arm with a battle on the background.

This video was made before Through Their Eyes and for some reason I really love that shot haha, so I decided to use it again and make it better too (considering that I didn't release this anyway).

No no I don´t mean through their eyes, there was another video. Maybe you uploaded it to your old channel?

Another video, this time from a Friday game:

Friday game - Motorised Patrol

We have to move south in a truck to patrol an area and engage any opfor we encounter near the village there. Armour has been spotted in the area.

qfTg_tP6L7o

There you go :) It may not have processed fully yet, for 720p you may need to give it some time.

There's a lot more gameplay footage in my Fraps folder, just need to find time to put it all together. :)

Well it looks like people actualy use this (Yey!)

Something i created after enjoying some of the other Great Arma 2 community machinimas.

Q-NDnQc1qP8

Can someone shout if this isnt working please.

Edited by SteveJA360

The shortcut isn't working, remember that you need to only put the bit of the URL that comes behind the 'v=' between the Youtube tags.

In your case, for instance, that would be Q-NDnQc1qP8.

Your embedded video would then look like this

Q-NDnQc1qP8

;)

EDIT: It's a damned good video by the way :D

Edited by Von_Lipwig

That was really neat. If that was your first machinima then you have done very well indeed.

Footage from a casual helicopter training session:

Chopper Practice

Doing some 'follow-the-leader' and ending with a short dogfight ;)

i_A9X4TQ5oM

Enjoy :)

Well it looks like people actualy use this (Yey!)

Something i created after enjoying some of the other Great Arma 2 community machinimas.

Can someone shout if this isnt working please.

Very nice! dramatic, nice song!

The shortcut isn't working, remember that you need to only put the bit of the URL that comes behind the 'v=' between the Youtube tags.

In your case, for instance, that would be Q-NDnQc1qP8.

Your embedded video would then look like this

;)

EDIT: It's a damned good video by the way :D

Thanks, have to wait till i get home tonight to muck about with it, cheers for help.

Thanks for the positive posts! i didnt really expect it, there are a few dodgy scenes, but il improve it for the next one.

Quick question, is there any way to make the Camera accelerate away from an object?(start slow for the close shot then moves faster away) as you might tell the scenes where the camera moves away are set at a certain speed which makes it less impressive.

Thanks, have to wait till i get home tonight to muck about with it, cheers for help.

Thanks for the positive posts! i didnt really expect it, there are a few dodgy scenes, but il improve it for the next one.

Some scenes may need a bit of work, but there's still a lot of great shots in there. And the narrative proved very effective :)

1) In the opening scenes you seemed to struggle trying to get a good horizontal framing of the guy on the ground. Either you'd be showing a lot of boring ground, or the guy was barely visible somewhere in the bottom of the frame. Try not to force such shots if the subject clearly doesn't align well. After one or two horizontal establishing shots, you can safely take subsequent shots of the guy on the ground using a top down or angled perspective. If someone walks over to help him, briefly establish their proximity and then focus your framing on the kneeling dude. Don't try and continue to force the other guy into the picture, we know he's still there and you can always cut back to his top down shot.

2) Keep tabs on how long each shot is. Don't be afraid to use 3 shots instead of 1. A long shot (4+ seconds) determines the pacing of what you see in the scene ... not how much content you see in the scene. You had several shots of 10+ seconds in a row at times (e.g. rotating shot around wounded guy, stop, close-up, zoom out), mixed with some shorter ones, which disupted the sense of flow. It's great to use those long shots to open or close a scene, but when there's more stuff to be shown, use short and varying shots. Take a "chunk size" to base your cuts on (e.g. 2 seconds and multitudes thereof) for a sense of rhythm.

3) Match the direction of movement and position of your subject onscreen to tie one shot to the next. You're jumping from left-right to right-left and back a few times when trying to show events that are supposedly related. Positioning and moving them in a way that flows from the last shot makes it easier for my mind to see the continuity without having to stop and think about it. The last scene worked well in terms of camera movement. Having consistent shots from one side of the soldier would've made it perfect.

I loved the salute/uniform shot. A perfect example of 4 seconds saying more than any 20-second shot flying through bootcamp :icon_biggrin:

Quick question, is there any way to make the Camera accelerate away from an object?(start slow for the close shot then moves faster away) as you might tell the scenes where the camera moves away are set at a certain speed which makes it less impressive.

_camera camCommand "inertia on"

Thought I'd create a type of mini series where I play through BI campaigns and some of the best community made ones. I know some people like watching others play through games (I know I do.. ) So if your interested you can subscribe and follow the series :)

CkdRyktw2LY

Question for you guys that make these great cinematic type vids,

what program do you use to make a video, all i have is fraps. My problem i can only run my game on all low settings or any vid i record turns into a slide show.

Any tips?

I use fraps.

Recording is naturally problematic because it really cuts down your FPS. Either have a good rig, or get a dedicated capture card (which are like $200).

You can set the time to half or even a quarter, record then speed it up. To do this put in a unit's init field

this setAccTime 0.5 (for half) or 0.25 (for quarter)

Only problem is then you have to speed up the sound to match and some sounds dont play at the lesser speed meaning things go out of synch. Good way to get smooth frames though.

thanks for your feedback,

what about editing existing vids maybe thats what I meant to ask, I mean I can record vids ok but what are good

programs to maintain the quality of what you recorded and also do other things?

heres the latest vids I have put together in the past few days:

Heres all the vids I recorded so far:

A2WarMod Infantry test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAta4CnH0nw

This is the A2WarMod RunNGun part 1 vid I was talking about that I had to split the whole vid into two parts,

A2WarMod RunNGun Fun Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDOsunyHIY

heres part 2 finally!

A2WarMod RunNGun Fun part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hx7IQaT5j0

Here is a vid i uploaded last night that I actually forgot to upload, lol I was so busy with the other vid:

A2WarMod Explosions Compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVDhpBYcRk

as you can see the quality versus ingame changes alot once its edited which i use (windows movie maker), and then uploaded.

Some scenes may need a bit of work, but there's still a lot of great shots in there. And the narrative proved very effective :)

1) In the opening scenes you seemed to struggle trying to get a good horizontal framing of the guy on the ground. Either you'd be showing a lot of boring ground, or the guy was barely visible somewhere in the bottom of the frame. Try not to force such shots if the subject clearly doesn't align well. After one or two horizontal establishing shots, you can safely take subsequent shots of the guy on the ground using a top down or angled perspective. If someone walks over to help him, briefly establish their proximity and then focus your framing on the kneeling dude. Don't try and continue to force the other guy into the picture, we know he's still there and you can always cut back to his top down shot.

2) Keep tabs on how long each shot is. Don't be afraid to use 3 shots instead of 1. A long shot (4+ seconds) determines the pacing of what you see in the scene ... not how much content you see in the scene. You had several shots of 10+ seconds in a row at times (e.g. rotating shot around wounded guy, stop, close-up, zoom out), mixed with some shorter ones, which disupted the sense of flow. It's great to use those long shots to open or close a scene, but when there's more stuff to be shown, use short and varying shots. Take a "chunk size" to base your cuts on (e.g. 2 seconds and multitudes thereof) for a sense of rhythm.

3) Match the direction of movement and position of your subject onscreen to tie one shot to the next. You're jumping from left-right to right-left and back a few times when trying to show events that are supposedly related. Positioning and moving them in a way that flows from the last shot makes it easier for my mind to see the continuity without having to stop and think about it. The last scene worked well in terms of camera movement. Having consistent shots from one side of the soldier would've made it perfect.

I loved the salute/uniform shot. A perfect example of 4 seconds saying more than any 20-second shot flying through bootcamp :icon_biggrin:

_camera camCommand "inertia on"

Wow thats an Essay! Thankyou very much on the advice (i need it :D)

I surpose i better get making another one then!

Thanks for replys!!