Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

Brief video review/new unit showcase of the PMC DLC. No, it's not professionally made. Yes, it's opinionated. It's meant to give people a brief first glance at it and also to provide a tiny bit of information and links to discussion and more info in the video description (linking back to this forum, in fact ;) ).

For those who are interested, enjoy :)

UPDATED ANNOTATIONS

Yb322nLWgzY

Edited by Von_Lipwig

Really liked the Terminator ARMA 2 video there.. Nice job :)

ORC Leaks AH-1Z PvP Super Cobra RAW Gun Cam Footage Operation Sobor

bA50nnO8IlQ

OC Performance Test

Not a hardcore overclok, just a little

Phenom II 920 2.8 @ 3.2

GTX 460 1GB

g1eBWcS4Cvw

Received some new information so I added some annotations to my review: Tree collision will be fixed in 1.57, texture issue might also be fixed in 1.57, secondary sights for xm8 are being discussed.

Clip from our Monday night MP session (not recorded by me). See link in my sig for more info. I am, however, commanding/driving the Warrior and I made this mission :cool:

zSzpaLcYQ1s

A very small video testing some compositing in Arma 2.

Xk8OIetpuNs

@SomeGuyWho, fantastic video! Please could you tell me how you were able to freeze time in the game?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

@Richiespeed13

Thanks it means alot :)

duration = 2; sqf = [] spawn {setacctime -100; tt = time; waituntil {abs(tt -time) > -(duration*(acctime))};setacctime 1; player setpos [position player select 0,position player select 1,0]};

Stick this in a trigger. You gotta start in a vehicle and particle effects dont work but I'm sure with the skills you just demonstrated above you could whip something up :p

I found it when I stumbled across this vid:

xqHPX73ORhE

@Richiespeed13,I'm jealous of your editing skills!:icon_eek: Edited by jadehorus

good videos :) oh this isn't my video, but it definitly deserves more views than it has recieved!

Zenger from the Wings of Russia (aka Sarmat)community made this video, i have it has one of my favorites, definitly worth watching a few times around

QVG4TdFGqRM

Edited by Drew

It's something very appropriately called "The Red Army Is The Strongest"(no less),and it's part of the Red Army Choir repertoire

Red Dusk has pottential!

Just for future related projects, use sea level altitude for big planes, because it looks bad seeing Il-76s and B-52s dodging mountains :)

BTW speaking of Il-76s, you could drop troops and bmds from them (hint hint) ;)

P.S. it would be more realistic than that trailer from world in conflict game, when Ilyushins were dropping T-80s :D

Thanks for the hints!I admit:icon_redface:I got lazy after hours of "filming": The original idea was indeed to have a HUGE paratroop drop, but the scripting of that got me crazy;

On the same note:there should have been an even bigger arty barrage,but arty scripting is definetly my worst nightmare in Arma2;can't wrap my head around it!:banghead:

But I'll keep trying!!

Edited by jadehorus

Damn it jadehorus I was plannig on doing a similar thing :P I think I'll leave it a bit now. Very nice vid by the way. Lots of epicness going on and good use of anims :)

Thank you @someguywho;

Oh, I'm sure many of us thought of this kind of project,but it's rather difficult, for instance due to the lack of north american clutter,which makes it hard to put up an "american" set;But, as I can see in that vid "Epidemic" a bit higher up,its somewhat possible.

Edited by jadehorus

good videos :) oh this isn't my video, but it definitly deserves more views than it has recieved!

Zenger from the Wings of Russia (aka Sarmat)community made this video, i have it has one of my favorites, definitly worth watching a few times around

A good video but seriously let down by a squished aspect ratio and bad camera work.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

@Zipper5: Nice video.

Thought I might re-post my two machinimas incase anybody missed them the first time around:

xklP-yNuU84

6rnFqOwK2B8

Nice video Spet, although you should take away the music.....