Sign in to follow this  
Mcoupe99

Army Simulator with Squad Formations that Dont Appear to Work?!

Anyone else noticing odd things about the Squad Formations, like they wont form up behind you and look in your direction. Most of the time they happen to be facing the opposoite direction or any direction they like apart from yours? For example ill have the squad in Wedge formation and half the time they are running in front of me, facing backwards when you stop in a V formation almost? Most odd!!

Happens in all formations.

btw, i am the team leader at this point.

So has anyone else noticed this?

Is this a bug or am i missing something here?

What am i doing wrong?

Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

DJ

yeah and sometimes in close column formation they will walk infront of you until you sprint again. Or stop and order to regroup etc etc.

Regroup doesnt work for me, theyre stubborn buggers and just wont move. They must like the idea of getting shot in the back....

What combat mode are you using? In "Combat", I believe the AI will begin working on their own to find cover and such, and thus break the formation you asked for.

As for not watching you, they usually each cover a distinct arc so that the whole 360° are covered

That might explain when i press T to bring up the small map screen, that the 2nd squad member is selected and not nr1/myself? How do you stop nr2 taking charge? Im still giving orders though?

Im in Veteran mode. That doesnt explain why the formation for a wedge actually ends up going in front of me while they are all looking behind me? Formations should follow me, while they are looking in different directions?

So you think its not a bug and is not happening on your machines?

Ta

yea i get this too, i've gone through all the formations and watched them and they hardly stick to them, as well as running infront of me and across me when in line or column formation which made me laugh... column formation, how do they know where im going to run? I catch them out every time though, lol

As for asking them to regroup and them just standing there.... tell all to "stop" then tell them all to regroup and they will.

I think this is broken. I played my first mission, commanding 3 other men. I ordered ¬, 1, 1 (all return to formation)... advanced 300m, turned around and surprised to see myself totally on my own. I quit the game rather sharpish.

he said which combat mode not what difficulty setting. Are they set to danger, caution, what?

Never trust an AI squad that:

a) don't fire with small arms on armored vehicles if you order them

b) kill you with no hesitation if you set target yourself and order to fire :)

As for asking them to regroup and them just standing there.... tell all to "stop" then tell them all to regroup and they will.

Ill try that thanks. Theyve done the running in front of me sooo many times, i ended shooting them in the legs and leaving them to crawl after me until... well they die of blood loss ;)

he said which combat mode not what difficulty setting. Are they set to danger, caution, what?

Oh yeah, sorry. Usually in the normal mode which i think is 'Aware', but i also tried in the others, dont recall much difference apart from them dropping to the floor or raising their guns? Does it make a difference?

Yes, they are vastly more prone to break formation in "Danger" mode, as they'll seek cover actively and move using bounding overwatch. In "Aware" mode, though, they usually stick in formation for me.

Perhaps on contact, they'll revert to a pseudo-"Danger" mode, gotta check that.

I've had that bug too. The formations look shifted by 90°. Disappeared after some time, I didn't notice why.

I've had that bug too. The formations look shifted by 90°. Disappeared after some time, I didn't notice why.

Ill keep playing and see if it goes away.... if not ill just shoot them again.:D