Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2: The All New OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread.

Lucked out, and had to take a looong trip today. On the way I swung by a Bestbuy that had 3 copies left, nabbed 1, felt like I shoulda grabbed 2....but didn't wanna deprive someone else.

Even got X3 terran conflict 2.0 , another game I've been hunting for. :)

I called EB games again today and they said it has been pushed back yet again to tomorrow (july 24).

Best Buy is your best bet in the states. Gamestop called me and told me that the game was only being released by download. I had reserved it at Gamecrap so I explained to them that I had picked it up a couple of days ago at BB.:confused: At least I finally have the game. It kicks ass IMO. I had to tell the clerk at BB about the game and he went in the back room for ten minutes before he found them in a box not priced or anything.

Edited by Fishercat
p.s.

I called a BB nearby and they said they don't know when it will be arriving. Seeing as I live in Canada I guess I'm out of luck. Quite a shame that I have to wait 3 weeks after a game is supposedly released to buy it.

Best Buy is your best bet in the states.

I got my copy from Best Buy Tuesday, they were allocated 8 copies and only 6 were left by the time I got there, 5 more to go now.

Got mine this morning at EB Games in Edmonton City Centre Mall - it is the Got Game version. After mine, there were 3 left so hurry if you are in Edmonton and want one. ;)

EB Games received their shipment today in Brampton, ON.

EB Games at Scarborough Town Centre has at least 1 copy left, picked mine up there today. ($59.99 CDN) Saleswoman there was impressed by how many people called in to see if they had the game.

On 07/16, I ordered ArmA2 from Newegg and received it on 07/21. $46.99...no sales tax (since Newegg doesn't run anything in my state) and free shipping. Good place to get it.

A buddy of mine just got the game today at EBGames here in Quebec, Canada. They said that they had it last Friday (July 24th). And it was the only one on the shelf.

I am happy I bought mine through Steam way back when it first was available.

But having a Boxed version of the game sure looked nice. :rolleyes:

Either way. The game still rocks!!! :slayer:

Picked up a copy at EB Games at Pacific Centre mall in Vancouver,BC at Noon today.

They have 2 copies left.

Been seeing a few posts on a EA forum I frequent about keys being in use

by people who bought new copies of games from them

so hopefully their store doesn't have a thief employee.

They also store the disks in Sandwich bags. Not a good thing

those bags can cause scratches.

I just bought ArmA 2 from Play.com, it's only 17.99 GBP w/free shipping now :)

(As most of you probably know, play.com has free shipping on all their products)

I just bought mine at a Best Buy in Seattle. It's a backup for my steam, you should never be without a plan B.

Saw it at Walmart here in Edmonton when I was there tonight. Walmart?!? Wow.

Just ordered my copy from GoGamer.com, and they are having a price reduction on the 505 version of ArmA II right now.

$37.90 + $4.99 shipping

Can't beat $42.89 with exped. shipping :)

http://www.gogamer.com/ArmA-2--I--for-PC-All-PC-Games_stcVVproductId73295699VVcatId444774VVviewprod.htm

I already have the PeterGames DL version, but re-installed OS and don't feel like downloading that thing again. I can't wait for BIS to release the patch that doesn't require the CD. I was able to burn the extracted files to CD and it installs correctly, but it needs the first initial file from downloading to activate it. They should have done a different method for people to activate it, or included the activation file within the extracted files I burned on disc.

Kinda sucks, so now I am stuck waiting for my hard copy to come in the mail :(

Edited by PaiNxGS

It has definitely been a bad distro here in the US, maybe because they think people will download it more than purchase a hard copy. I myself rarely get a digital copy of any game, because I want the freedom of being able to install it whenever I want and however many times I want.

Another thing about digital copies is that you should get a back-up dvd sent to you regardless and also have the ability to install infinite amount of times. What if the company goes belly up, well than you are screwed out of a game and money.

They should have went with a different publisher here in the states. I have not see one copy of the game on the shelf in any of my local retailers.

Another thing I was thinking for people that purchased through PeterGames about the activation, etc. They should have a section on the webpage to allow people to type the activation key in an just download the exe. to launch the game, and not the whole damn thing all over again. I have a perfectly working back-up made and can't use it for that very reason, as it ask me for the correct disk.

Just some random thoughts......

Edited by PaiNxGS

I am in Canada and just got my copy in the mail from AMAZON.ca!

Loving the game by the way! Pure awesome! :yay::bounce3:

I know, I am looking for digital tho. Can't be bothered to wait hehe ;)

Before buying it digitally read a little around the forum first, you might reconsider ;)