Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2: The All New OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread.

Welcome.

No problem m8. You could play with a Martian PC that there would be no problem.

Got mine from CDwow Australia as well. Fromt he time they dispatched it was 4-5 working days delivery, pretty good in the end. I have 3 mates that ordered via CDwow and theirs shipped last Friday so any day now they will have theirs as well.

It's all good and legit, no point paying full retail of near $100 when you can get it from them for $50!

ordered mine on june 12th, took them 2 weeks to get more instock, they dispatched mine finally last week on friday, waiting for it :), should recieve it by friday-sunday this week :P

Here in Toronto Canada EB/Gamestop today (July 7) says it will be out on July 17th ?

This is not cool at all, trying to force us to use Steam.

My Love for BIS is being seriously tested here.

RELEASE THE GAME !!!

Here in Toronto Canada EB/Gamestop today (July 7) says it will be out on July 17th ?

This is not cool at all, trying to force us to use Steam.

My Love for BIS is being seriously tested here.

RELEASE THE GAME !!!

Same here! I was looking forward to buying the game today but now it's been postponed 10 days?! What gives?

I ordered mine from CDWOW as well(June 22nd or 23rd). Mine was also shipped last friday. I live in the U.S. though....Hopefully I will get it sometime this week.

Seriously Man, this kinda treatment does not sit well with me. I am a HUGE ArmA supporter...but I am rethinking this now. This is not how to treat paying customers, at least send out a message saying what is going on..AT LEAST THAT !

Maybe I'll just stick with ArmA 1.

A game that has been out for a while now should not be a problem to ship.

I am super mad about this.

I am praying that some other store may have it. It is not listed anywhere...even at EB game.

Sorry for my tone...I have patiently waited and played the crap outa the demo.

Cheers.

icfhoop,

I ordered from NWS (I am in Canada), and I ordered on the 25th, and got my shipping notification on the 30th. I had some emails back and forth with Christopher there who was extremely helpful and said there would be a delay to ship it due to waiting on supply from 505 games. He said he should have stock on the Monday, and Tuesday at 6:00AM, I got a shipping notification.

If you are curious, just send them an email and ask them if they have stock, and when they are expecting stock.

I expect to get my copy today or tomorrow, I will post when I receive it to give you guys an idea on actual shipping time to Canada from them.

Cheers!!

I just woke up in hopes of the game staying on Gamestop's website, but nope. They took it off, I called two Gamestops near my house and they said they never heard of it and don't have the game in stock. So I checked Wal-Mart and Bestbuy's websites for new game releases, nothing about ArmA 2 either. I really don't want to buy it on Steam, I loved having a boxed copy.

so what should we do ?

Some of us really feel more "secure" having a disc copy. It may be un-founded but if I replace my computer or something, or if I can't get online, I dunno just worried about Steam. I guess whenever you sign on Steam you should have it I guess.

Steam confuses me, old guy eh ?

I love that it auto patches games. That is the best part. My Empire Total War has been patching like crazy.

I have heard that some guys have had a download problem with Steam and then they think you didn't pay for it. I don't want those hassels.

for all of us non-Steam stubborn North American ArmA fans...convince us that Steam is OK ? heh,heh.

Man we can be a real pain in the.... can't we ?

Cheers YO !

I was ready to buy off Steam, (actually I did, preorder). I cancelled before release due to the statement the currently Steam doesn't support beta patches, which was a deal breaker for me. I am sure they will figure this out, but for now, say if a beta patch was released tomorrow, the Steam version wouldn't support it.

Hence I ordered from NWS Online.

my .02

Not cool. So much for a box copy. :eek:

What other pitfalls are there with the Steam version besides Beta patches?

My next concern would be. Can you run....

-Mods

-Addons

-Custom Missions

-Server

???

Any Help is greatly appreciated. If there is a different thread I should be looking at that would address these questions, my apologies, please steer me to them.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered mine from CDWOW as well(June 22nd or 23rd). Mine was also shipped last friday. I live in the U.S. though....Hopefully I will get it sometime this week.

ordered on June 15 and got it on June 22, very good price. It was around $40.00 Canadian with no god damn taxes and shipping.

ordered on June 15 and got it on June 22, very good price. It was around $40.00 Canadian with no god damn taxes and shipping.

wow but release date said 19th? and i highly doubt they would of dispatched it so early for you since they didnt have enough instock for preorders after 6th of June.? I ordered mine 2 days before you and they just got new stock last week and dispatched it on 3rd of July. I very highly doubt you recieved it on 22th of June... VERY

WTF i was just there yesterday and that said it would come out today im going to call them

my friends own Arma 1 on steam and they used the beta patches.. but thats Arma 1....

Edit : just called them 17th i dont think i ever been this pissed off since the last time i got sucker punched in my balls.... man im pissed lol

i just was there yesterday.......

i dont think it will come out on the 17th either guys its not on the web pages or anything look for others sources... is it 100% for sure that the beta patches wont with steam?

Edited by Sneak69
pissed right the !@#$ off

Well now i gusse the way to get the game befor its out, as i see EB/GS says now 17th or 20th in there stores now is just to buy it online. newegg is out but there are some out there if ya would like the game not the dl version.

Read through the Steam FAQ thread, yes it is 100% currently. Although, I would expect this will be fixed in the future. The reason it worked for Arma1 is because copy protection was removed in patch 1.08, so beta patches after that on Steam were cool.

Hey, I just ordered it from NWS and should get it around Friday or Saturday. They have both UK and US copy's.

Just got a speedy reply from Christopher at NWS, they are currently out of stock he said.........but do not worry they are receiving new ones tonight :)

i bought it on steam i cant wait any longer... ill pick the hardcopy when it comes if it ever does....