Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2: The All New OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread.

The release date hasn't changed on any game websites or the US publisher. Either there is some serious miscommunication going on, or Bohemia Interactive is experiencing a shortage. I'm no expert on economics, but if i worked for BIS, I would make the game available as SOON AS HUMANELY possible while the demand is so high, especially in North America! If the game isn't available by the release date, they are going to start losing some serious revenue.

Has anyone bought from CDWOW, who lives in the US and actually received it, and if so how long, thanks.

Amazon says they will ship it out the 24th of July.

Has anyone bought from CDWOW, who lives in the US and actually received it, and if so how long, thanks.

They just recieved and dispatched it on July 3rd, so we all have another 7-10 days for shipping, before we can answer your question.

How can a distributor fail so badly?

Still impossible to actually buy the game in sweden..

I've ordered my copy of the game at Wehkamp.nl, It's a dutch site, that for as far as I know only delivers in Belgium and The Netherlands.

The price was €32,50, which I consider pretty cheap for a new, full game.

Unfortunately, they messed up big time with the distribution. It was suppost to be released at 3 July (according to the site) but they'll probably deliver it on tuesday and perhaps even later this week.

I'm looking forward to play together/against community members here:) By the way, is there any special server dedicated for this community???

Name : www.wehkamp.nl

Price : €32,50

Availability : one week till delivered

Delivery : €2,95 (deliveries in Belgium and The Netherlands)

Date : Now available

Notes :

Expected it to be here at the release date, unfortunately my mailbox was empty:(

Edited by ubermachtig

Name :Nexway

Price : 37.62 €

Availability : Worldwide

Delivery : Digital Download

Date :June 19th

I read through the thread & didn't see a link for this one, I got my copy from them, absolutley no problems & so did many in our community at AGW, I would probably say around 20+ players go it off Nexway. So if there were some issues, we would certainly have something to report.

Overall, this is one of the biggest failures of game distribution I'm aware of. Now I wouldn't know for sure...but didn't something similar happen with the first ARMA? And shouldn't they have learned from it?

I grow further concerned by this thread. On tuesday, I plan to run to Best Buy with last week's earnings clutched in my fat, sweaty hands. The question of the hour is: Will I find Arma 2 there? Or should I simply get it from steam now? (I really do want retail. One of my quirks.)

I grow further concerned by this thread. On tuesday, I plan to run to Best Buy with last week's earnings clutched in my fat, sweaty hands. The question of the hour is: Will I find Arma 2 there? Or should I simply get it from steam now? (I really do want retail. One of my quirks.)

I dont see it on the best buy web site... give them a call im about to call gamestop and EB again Ill post with update

I dont see it on the best buy web site... give them a call im about to call gamestop and EB again Ill post with update

please do give us an update !!!

please do give us an update !!!

called them both... and drum roll please.... they both still say the 7th.. called 2 eb game stores and 1 game stop

again I live in Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Gamestop for me says they're getting it the 8th. Although I won't be at that shop that day, so I have to wait till the 9th.

Well finally, somewhat good news, maybe I will have this game by the end of the week after all.

Best Buy called me yesterday and said "at this time we do not have a contract with the manufacturer to carry that game."

I live in toronto and im just wondering if i can pre-order the game at EB games then go get it,i know i have to go in to pre-order but i dont care,will they have it?

Naval Warfare Simulations (NWS) Online store has the 505 version available. They are located in Florida. They ship promptly. $44.98 including 1st class postage - took 3 days to arrive in Pennsylvania. I'm no shill - just a happy repeat customer.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/armaii.html

I live in Maryland, USA and am still trying to find out exactly how to get a copy (I only buy DVDs, none of this D2D/steam download bs), so I may go with that or probably Amazon.

Checked Gamestop a month ago online, release was stated at sometime july, now they don't even have it on there. None of the other retail stores around here seem to carry it or will even carry it. Shouldn't be this difficult to find it in my opinion.

I just ordered from that link Nicholas Bell posted, thanks NB for posting that link :)

Naval Warfare Simulations (NWS) Online store has the 505 version available. They are located in Florida. They ship promptly. $44.98 including 1st class postage - took 3 days to arrive in Pennsylvania. I'm no shill - just a happy repeat customer.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/armaii.html

I ordered from there too to Ottawa, Canada. They shipped it today, lets see when will it arrive.

...If the game isn't available by the release date, they are going to start losing some serious revenue.
They ARE losing serious revenue, regardless of whether it comes out tomorrow, next week, month, etc.

Giving BIS the benefit of the doubt and that this (US) situation falls directly into GGEs lap, it is hard to overlook that BIS contracted with them and that ultimately the responsibility is theirs.

The games release will come and go without notice by casual consumers here in NA, of that there is no doubt.

I'm in the USA, wow is getting this game frustrating.

Please correct me if I am wrong. As far as i can tell, the Sprocket download site is a "steam" like download. Meaning regular patches would not work and the usual steam like issues??

I think this one falls into the same category...

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARMA2/arma-2

I think most here have a goal of getting the retail DVD version for simplicity. (The steam stuff can turn into a nightmare.)

Anyone have any experience with this site.

<Link removed>

Looks like you can buy a retail CD key. So that means all you need is the actual DVD image ?? torrent? I'm typically afraid of sites like this.

Does anyone know why a manufacture/distributor wouldn't also offer and ISO image (retail) with an emailed key? Seems this would be the best way to distribute a game, unless I'm missing something?

Edited by Placebo

Just ordered now from that NWS store (the link above from Nicholas Bells post) after checking out the site. They're gamers so I think they'd know how important it is to get a game on-time. They're also on Ebay just search "arma 2". It was $44.98 total which is great for a game + first class shipping. I'll report when I get it.

EDIT: BTW their Yahoo store = $44.98, Ebay store = $49.99. No tax since I live in Cali.

Noobkeys is a scam

They sell pirate software and stolen keys.

Besides, without a disk FADE will kick in and you'll be out of luck.

Edited by jblackrupert