Sign in to follow this  
rabs

A little compensation for richiespeedisback

Wow! Can't believe you guys made this thread for me, thanks so much! No other community would ever do something like this!

I'm speechless! Don't worry about giving me anything lol, maybe one day i'll work for BI as their video editor, until then i will keep going for free :D

Thanks alot!

Rich.

Of his 391404 hits, ten of them are mine.

I'd like to think I did my part too. :whistle:

+3 here..I've forwarded it to 3 people, 1 preordered, 2 intend to purchase when it releases. That video is epic...I was tweaking my system over the weekend to see if I can pull off something similar. 2 days til it Steam drops it in the states...right on my girlfriend's birthday....I won't even get to play. :depressed:

Many people in this community did their share, by scripting, modelling etc... and spreading the good word...

...But actually drowning your computer in ice just to showcase the game potential goes the extra mile... (some might say too far ?)

(Note : And it's a cool story to feature on the website for promotion purpose. When a good deed is also a good commercial opportunity, it cannot hurt.)

Hello, I am new to these forums, but not to forums in general. I have come accross this Ritchiespeedisback on youtube and will agree that his videos are what made me aware of Arma 2 and have surely influenced my decision to buy this game. I dont knowe if free things are what he should get, but some acknowledgement is always nice. ;) In my honest opinion, this whole community needs thanks for the support it gives to the modding and editing community, and of course Bohimia Interactive deserves the most thanks for creating a game with the open editing resources they give us, and active support they give us.

I show off your videos as well, richiespeed13, to my gaming and non-gaming friends.

Even people who don't play games love them!

I agree richiespeedisback's videos are stunning, and may well help influence the sale of ArmA II for some individuals -- but would add there are hundreds if not thousands of ArmA Fans that contribute as much and sometimes more to both raising awareness of ArmA II, and the actual value of what you get when you buy this game.

There people have created mods, total conversions, tools, web portals, documentation & reference material that in the case of other games are sold as pay to play expansions, Developer & Publisher managed content, and pay to join or purchase 'merchandising' products and services.

I feel these People's efforts, who make it a pure 'labor of love' and do it for free -- can never be praised enough. But likewise an equal and some respects greater amount of appreciation should go to Bohemia Interactive for offering such a stellar and sustainable mod and content capable game platform -- where they could so easily choose the greedy path pursued by so much of the gaming industry...

:butbut:

Edited by Hoak

Give this guy a job :p

No but yeah his vids are nice, though :)

Showed it to a friend he said "its no way this is ingame.." showed him the huge air battle, now he wants the game :D

Yes, I'm sure his videos has helped a lot of the sales and above all make more people aware of ARMA II.

I congratulate him he has done a wonderful job.

But I want also to congratulate the community itself for their efforts in spreading the word, I think we are the real PR of BIS.

I totally agree with all the above :) I have only made a small difference in comparison to the amount of modders and support in the community. The real thanks goes to BI and the entire community for keeping the game strong.

Great place this is!

To be honest, my favorite of ritchiespeed's videos is the artillery strike + raid one. Not because it involves the artillery per se, but because it actually represents the use of combined arms to assault an objective--something that the OFP/ArmA games are absolutely top-notch at representing. The other videos are more towards the tech demo side of things.

BTW, ritchiespeed, did you use the MLRS or the howitzers for that? I thought I recognized the MLRS explosions.

But likewise an equal and some respects greater amount of appreciation should go to Bohemia Interactive for sustaining such a stellar and sustainable mod and content capable game platform where they could so easily choose the greedy path pursued by so much of the gaming industry...

I did, I gave them 50 dollars. :)

Not quite my point rabs, there are lots of games that command 'AAA' prices that don't give you a fraction of the content, features, capability or long term and mod expansion support you'll get when you buy a BI game -- and it's something a lot of prospective Fans aren't even aware of as far as what's 'under the hood' of a BI games...

:)

Not quite my point rabs, there are lots of games that command 'AAA' prices that don't give you a fraction of the content, features, capability or long term and mod expansion support you'll get when you buy a BI game -- and it's something a lot of prospective Fans aren't even aware of as far as what's 'under the hood' of a BI games...

I understand your point as well, but BIS, as a hard working and appreciative company that it is, does not do that out of the wellness of their hearts. Those modding and editing tools, sell a lot of copies, its a selling point.

It would be like a COD game without multiplayer, its a major component of the product they put out, and if it was not included they would sell less copies.

So no, I do not think that BIS deserves special recognition beyond us paying them and being like "good game guys."

They include those tools to sell copies of the game, and therefore I really don't think I should have to give them extra appreciation for something there doing to try sell games. (successfully to me at least)

I understand your point as well, but BIS, as a hard working and appreciative company that it is, does not do that out of the wellness of their hearts. Those modding and editing tools, sell a lot of copies, its a selling point.

It would be like a COD game without multiplayer, its a major component of the product they put out, and if it was not included they would sell less copies.

So no, I do not think that BIS deserves special recognition beyond us paying them and being like "good game guys."

They include those tools to sell copies of the game, and therefore I really don't think I should have to give them extra appreciation for something there doing to try sell games. (successfully to me at least)

Yeah i see what your trying to say :) The game developers put their time and effort in, and get piad for it, but modders don't. (modders don't ask to be piad either).

So in general, we have already shown BI we apreciate them by joinging their forum and paying for the game. But also don't forget the guys at BI offer us alot more than most games companies would, we actually get to talk to the big guys on a daily basis, and they are all very supportive.

So i think BI deserves more recognision as a game developer than most other companies :)

Yeah i see what your trying to say :) The game developers put their time and effort in, and get piad for it, but modders don't. (modders don't ask to be piad either).

Some do ask for PayPal donations, which I think is completely ridiculous, since they make the mod for their own benefit just as much as anyone else's. That's a whole separate issue though.

Some do ask for PayPal donations, which I think is completely ridiculous, since they make the mod for their own benefit just as much as anyone else's. That's a whole separate issue though.

I think asking for a donation isn't too bad, as long as the mod is of very high quality. A donation is a donation, requiring payment is a whole new matter.

I have an idea!

Give the man his own easter egg! His profile page here on the board shows he's a kart racer.

Why not implement his kart (including driver in fire retarding overall and full face helmet if possible) in the game?

I always wanted to host the Grand Prix of Chernarus! :D

Edited by SgtH3nry3

I think a nice commemorative would be to start a thread where Fans nominate anyone and everyone they feel has made a contribution to the BI games, and get them all to sign a Map and/or commemorative Manual for a 'Special Edition' of the game, by mailing a facsimile of their signature.

Of course many will be 'Missing In Action', as some will be unreachable or not able to send in a signature -- but they could be on an MIA list... Anyone vetted to the list might be offered the 'Special Edition' of the game at cost or for the cost of shipping...

:butbut:

I think a nice commemorative would be to start a thread where Fans nominate anyone and everyone they feel has made a contribution to the BI games, and get them all to sign a Map and/or commemorative Manual for a 'Special Edition' of the game, by mailing a facsimile of their signature.

Very good idea! There´s many people who really deserve some kudos from BI ...

i´m hearing someone would love to have a Vauxhall Calibra in ArmA2 :rolleyes:

Agreed. I've been playing BIS sims since 2002. I was going to wait for the ArmA2 box to hit the shelves before I made my purchase. Last Sat I watched Richie's "1500" video.....and I was downloading the game an hour later. I hope he puts that mission up someday just for grins (not that my rig could run it).

Dslyecxi is another who inspires. My TrackIR5 arrives tomorrow.

I spent a good chunk of change this weekend because of these two fellas.

;)

So, you're a sim racer as well as a producer of ambitious and exciting ArmA 2 videos, richiespeedisback? This just keeps getting better.

So, you're a sim racer as well as a producer of ambitious and exciting ArmA 2 videos, richiespeedisback? This just keeps getting better.

Haha yeah lol, sim racing is amazing :)

Thanks!

Maybe when i work for NASA i can make a 2000 AI battle...

Hopefully when you work for NASA we can all log on to your pc and have a 2000 men berzerk session ;)