Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Police Department

Police Department Mission Pack for ArmA II

policeAssignment.jpg

This is the Police missions I made for my kids in Armed Assault now arranged for arrest of suspects in 5 towns:

• Chernogorsk
  • Zelenogorsk
  • Elektozavodsk
  • Berezino
  • Utes Island

Mission concept is same as before and missions may be put in [Missions] folder for singleplayer or [MPMissions] folder for multiplayer (or both)

SP: Score 20 points to "win".

MP: Score 10, 20 or 50 points before any other player to win.

Shoot at unarmed civilians and face the concequences.

Notes:

policeNotes.jpg

You will need Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor (Delta Hawk & Innovations) from Armed Assault. I suggest you put them in a seperate folder like: [\A1\@DHI\Addons] and run your new shortcut with [-mod=a1\@dhi]

** Updated 24th June 2009 **

Download: Police Department Mission Pack (3.4 MB)

There will be a texture error on the Crown Victoria, no biggie though.

Have fun and feel free to complain.

/theOden

EDIT: ** erhh, lets keep this singleplayer for a while - noticed it doesn't behave as in Armed Assault - I'll bee baak **

EDIT2: Ok, Multiplayer should now work - tested on a dedicated server.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN
Multiplayer issues removed

Sounds fun, will give it a try ASAP when I get ArmA 2!

Also, that's one dangerous looking granny in the screenshot you are going to arrest :p

Hey that's similar to a detective mission i'm planning. Nice! :)

1. How do you handle showing pics of suspects and spawning those models only 1 time? It would be a problem if the suspect-model is used randomly for normal civilians also.

2. Suspect image self-made?

Hi, mission pack updated in regards of multiplayer.

DrStrangelove, pics are added to laptop with setobjecttexture #23 (take a more detailed look in [\functions\fnPlayerAssignment.sqf]). All 71 images in the picture folder of the mission were "hand made" from lining all up and then "photographing" them 4 by 4 :) - feel free to use any picture in any way you like (they are 128x128 paa).

Any script or whatsoever are free to use by anyone without any credit to me whatsoever.

this is fun although i cant find any bigger guns then my M9 in my squad car (making some suspects realy hard to get (it looks like real life cops with hand guns suspects with AKs :P )

Can someone please post instructions as the load function does not show this in editor, and the cars mod just keeps sayinf Warning file is read only.....

Nice mission :)

But it could be better if players could be suspects too, in order to have some interesting pvp scenes.

Quick question, has anyone figured out how to open up the unmarked police cars others other than the LAPD ones? I tried lowering settings to bring up FPS as recommened by Delta Hawk and setting them to unlocked in editor but nothing works.. If i spawn in the car in editor i cant get out.. They are certainly beautiful but if I can get in and out of them, not very practical.. Thanks

Dino

Is it possible to integrate the addon into the mission aswell, so it could be just uploaded into servers without forcing players to download & use new addons ?

ODEN;1324477']You will need Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor (Delta Hawk & Innovations) from Armed Assault. I suggest you put them in a seperate folder like: [\A1\@DHI\Addons] and run your new shortcut with [-mod=a1\@dhi]

This doesn't work for me... I downloaded your mission pack and the police car strangelove posted, put it in A1\@DHI\Addons, added the extra line to the shortcut, but it keeps telling me it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted, dhi_FordCV. Any help would be appreciated.:pray:

This doesn't work for me... I downloaded your mission pack and the police car strangelove posted, put it in A1\@DHI\Addons, added the extra line to the shortcut, but it keeps telling me it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted, dhi_FordCV. Any help would be appreciated.:pray:

mmmh, "A1" is meant to be your Arma directory (?)

and don't add "A1" to the shortcut entry!

QuietMan

Edited by quiet_man

I've played this a bit this evening, just me on my dedi server. :)

I notice that when you're in the car, you get a move to command that points to the suspect.

After I'd done two arrests the third one had it's "move to" right next to the police station and I couldn't find the suspect there. Any help?

mmmh, "A1" is meant to be your Arma directory (?)

and don't add "A1" to the shortcut entry!

QuietMan

I fixed it! The download strangelove posted was a folder. i created a .pbo out of it and now it works perfectly! :biggrin_o: Gonna play it now.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

I just started playing, arrested Igor Brodksy (a priest, lol) , took him to base and it says I have to arrest Igro Brodsky again! I thought: "Ok, maybe he broke out of jail? Priests can do that!" I follow the 'Move' marker and at around 50 meters from me, it dissapeared. I check my map and saw an Igor Brodsky. Upon closer investigation, it turned out that, according to the map, he was inside a police car. Only problem was, I didn't see him. So, I gave up ;)

PS: All of this happened on Utes, Single Player.

Does anyone know if these cars work without any issues in ArmA 2? I tried it when I first got ArmA2 and couldn't open doors, does that still happen or?