Sign in to follow this  
wobbly

Fed up of Morons

Hi all

It takes a while for the ban lists to populate and new servers allways suffer the worst but eventualy the *************** end up with no place to play online and go back to their usual activity of jerking off to fantasies of having their bottom spanked by their mom.

Kind Regards walker

Lol, that's funny :D

Ahh the grunts.........not the same grunts who told me to fuck off their server because I dared to question them?

I think the exact comment was - "It's our ball and our pitch so if you don't like it FUCK OFF" and when I headed for the A-10 they attempted to TK me (but missed) so proceeded to kick me.

Yes very mature.

I had this the other night, i was playing on there server and they were clearly being rude and abusive to players so i questioned there clan admins and asked why they are abusive to people on there server, if they want respect, they need to ask rather than shout.. and all i got was STFU from an admin... christ, if one of the admins on our server did that they would get a serious bollocking off myself. Then if one of there members wants a jet or helo like you say they TK you so there member can get it. how childish

One danger with banning player ID's based on server log TKs is that you could easily ban the wrong guy.

For example, a TK'ing ADHD 12 y/old who is gunner in a vehicle mows down other players. But the kills count as the driver's, who may be perfectly innocent.

equally a helo pilot could have his tail rotor shot out and get his crash landing wrong. instantly racking up half a dozen TK's.

I'm not telling you how to run your server but always keep the door open to appeals against a ban.

Not everyone who has ADHD is like that bro, don't lump em all together like that, some ADHD suffering people still like realism and tactics, and prefer to play in a mature way.

As for servers, your best bet is to join a community like Kelly's Heroes, ShackTac, AToW, or Charlie Foxtrot. Usually, it's best to play with groups like that than just pub. I learned the hard way in A1 that it's usually a good idea to avoid pub servers, I only play them when servers aren't populated that are run by one of my trusted communities. Best bet is to build trust in certain groups, and stick with them. Me, I play a mix of ArmA 1 and 2, and for now, my realism unit sticks with 1, and I play 2 competitively.

Not everyone who has ADHD is like that bro, don't lump em all together like that, some ADHD suffering people still like realism and tactics, and prefer to play in a mature way.

As for servers, your best bet is to join a community like Kelly's Heroes, ShackTac, AToW, or Charlie Foxtrot. Usually, it's best to play with groups like that than just pub. I learned the hard way in A1 that it's usually a good idea to avoid pub servers, I only play them when servers aren't populated that are run by one of my trusted communities. Best bet is to build trust in certain groups, and stick with them. Me, I play a mix of ArmA 1 and 2, and for now, my realism unit sticks with 1, and I play 2 competitively.

Agreed.

Hi Tozmeister

The new server logging systems allow admins to discriminate between types of kills. If you are banned you can go before the server admin or the clan court and get it overturned.

At the moment there is a little bit of "give them enough rope" going on the clans are gathering evidence and intelligence.

Helicopter pilots are respected in the community, good ones are treated like gold by their communities and jealousy guarded. If people are shooting at copters get their ID and pass it on to the server Admin

The pilots roll

A pilot should take a minute, before take off to examine the LZ in the Map; looking for possible obstructions such as Electricity Pylons, also consider slope, try to land uphill, but if it is too steep axe it.

PLAN PLAN PLAN both Ingress and Egress routes. Choose routes that avoid exposure to enemy fire; such as valleys and hills. If you have the chance a pilot should rotate the helo over the LZ to see the lay of the land and so the Pilot and door gunners can spot obstructions, but this will not be possible over a hot LZ. DO NOT OVERFLY OBJECTIVES that have not been taken, helicopters are precious things. Helicopters need to stay about 600m behind allied lines.

If you are hit in the tail gain height, default key [q], and use Yellow vehicle channel to tell all passengers to bail out, then you do the same. If you want to try to save your copter so it can be repaired: You can gain a lot of height then stick the nose down to gain speed this will straighten you up and allow you to fly somewhat, then as you come into a spot near BUT NOT OVER the base, cut the engine, and try to do an auto-rotation landing.

DO NOT PRACTICE BEING A HELICOPTER PILOT IN MP!

One thing to ALL NEW GUYS please do not practice being a pilot in MP! The SP mission editor is the place for that, stick in some enemy AA units so you can get used to choosing LZ's that will not attract their attention. Practice, Practice, Practice. Find out what slopes you can land on and at what angle and how you need to fly to land on them and take off from them. Practice Autorotation Landings, do this even when you experienced, it is part of your pilots skills and needs to practiced regularly. If you set a mission in the editor you can include a tail rotor failure script, or brute force it by setting up a playable AI with an an MG or heavy sniper rifle as well as you in the pilot roll, then team switch a shoot out your tail rotor, then team switch back into the pilot roll to practice Autorotation landings.

Moving to MP Pilot

Once you have practiced. Act as door gunner for say 7 MP trips to get a feel for what is needed. On your first three MP pilot trips out; Tell the pasengers you are new and ask for experienced door gunners; if they are good they will be talking to you about the LZ and when over it telling you whether you are clear to land. Choose the safest LZ for your first few trips. Beware of yellow chain, Red chain and lag spikes or Desync, if they happen consider autohover. If you have a bad ping do not choose any pilot roll. Look for servers that have good pings for you.

The commanders roll

A good commander should point out a range of LZ's looking out for Power Pylons and cables. Clearings in forests are often favoured. Then let pilot choose the one they are happiest with. The Pilot should take a minute to look hard at the map for possible obstructions such as power lines and choose ingress and egress routes that reduce exposure particularly to Objective AA defenses. In the Helicopter the pilot is captain and has last word about their bird and the LZ.

Once you have a secure LZ keep using it; a good battle commander will keep it safe. If you think a closer LZ is now safe let the pilots know. Beware commander there are scripts out that will setpos Guarded By OPFOR trigger over a frequently used LZ, so things will get harder as the mission makers improve!

Crew Chief and Door Gunner's Role

The Crew Chief is the primary eyes and voice on LZ, the door gunner should still holler out if that right side is not clear. The Crew Chief & door gunner should also look hard at the map for possible obstructions such as power lines. It is the duty of Crew Chief & door gunner to look down at the LZ and tell the pilot if they are clear below and behind. Saying "Forward 10", "Left 10" "rotate 20" etc. until the pilot is clear. All measurements in metres and degrees, a metre is the approx same as a yard. The Crew Chief & door gunner needs to pay particular attention to telegraph polls and sign posts and other man made objects, as well as the odd tall tree sitting on its own in the LZ. All are chopper killers.

Passengers roll

Tell the pilot thank you for getting you to the LZ safe. Protect their LZ. If the tail rotor gets hit get ready to eject. If you see or hear of a copter comming in dammaged or hear an emergency landing request. Grab a repair truck and fuel truck but keep back until rotors have stopped, then race to the the copter to get it repaired and refuled congratulate the pilot for a safe landing. Rember to give the pilot room to land at the extraction LZ. Pop smoke to tell them where to land. It is the job of all on the ground to tell the pilot they are under fire and to abort.

If you see numpties tail rotor shooting report to the server admin, use the space Bar to see their game name. They will be FRAPSed then banned. If the server admin is not there, the game admin can kick them and you can report with proof via FRAPS or a [Print Screen] key Photo to the clans forum.

Kind Regards walker

This is the the soundest post I have ever seen on this forums.

I wish more people think like this on this community and we surely would have more fun and interesting gaming.

Kudos Walker !!!!

:cheers:

Rather than TKing the most annoying thing people have been doing lately is shooting for leg wounds, forcing their team mates to crawl around. Some guy did it to me last night when we were near the objective and I know it wasn't an accident because I turned around and he was like twenty feet away aiming at me.

Hi randir14

Just get their ID by using spacebar and then report it to the Admin of the server. The server Admin can then use observer scripts and log files to prove it then ban them.

Also the advice all veterans give is JOIN A CLAN!

There is full list of them in the Squads and Fan pages section of the forum. I do not know if Shack Tactical are still recruiting but there are several other good tactical ArmA clans in the US now. Zeus may start recruiting soon now the new server is running they are UK based but have several US members too but I think you will be happier with the pings you get on a US based server.

Kind Regards walker

As an Admin and owner of a server joining a Server/Clans forum also helps because if some moron wrecks a base tk's or they are generally being twats you can report them we can dig out there usier id then ban them simple as that.

This is the the soundest post I have ever seen on this forums.

I wish more people think like this on this community and we surely would have more fun and interesting gaming.

Kudos Walker !!!!

:cheers:

Hi Furia

I transferred that post to the BIS community Wiki.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Transport_helicopter_Role

And added several others to the Multiplayer Hints and Tips

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Hints_and_Tips

I also added an ArmA II Hints and Tips page

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_II_Hints_and_Tips

And added several pages to the Battle Drill Section

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Battle_Drills

The BIS Wiki is the best place to place all manuals and the like. Lots of people are contributing to it.

Kind Regards walker

Now don't all jump down my neck here but I thought that the ARMA community would be bereft from clowns and bellends but it sadly seems that every server I jump on reminds me of the day they released counterstrike as a retail product. that community soon filled up with twats and kiddies who thought that spoiling other peoples pleasure was more important than working as a team to complete an objective. Over the last two days I've experienced the worst kind of team killing since Counterstrike and every server has dickheads taking off in heles on their own and people sitting in their own spawn site just mowing down everyone that spawns. This has happened on every single server and its as much fun as pulling a tooth.

Add to this as well the issue of people flying a Jet/Helicopter/Osprey in to the spawn jumping out before the crash and people that shoot the engine/rotors of starting helicopters and you have my recent experience.

I dont know why but I have the feeling the more I play the more it seems the game is overtaken my morons and idiots. From the last 6 or 7 games at least 4 have been with as well 1 or 2 persons even that did nothing else then start completely chaos at the base using missiles to shoot in every direction (and as well many times on vehicles), shoot helicopters in flight, other players etc.etc.

This kind of behaviour really starts to affect the game a lot in my eyes, at least for now. Particularly when you consider that to vote out people or to vote some person as admin is not very comfortable (people most of the time dont know how). You also seem not to get a message who shoot the engine of the vehicle and damaged it since only the driver counts, thus when the vehicle is crashing the DRIVER(!) gets all the team kills and not the person who shoot the vehicle and damaged its engine. This is a serious issue in my eyes at the moment and I hope it will be solved eventualy in the future as its really starting to make the game more frustrating then fun.

That kinda of shit ruined Arma1 online for a while, I didn't see near the # of players like there was around the release until ACE came out. I think maybe we should start asking for help from the mission makers because BIS either doesn't care or can't figure out how to fix it. Maybe like if Zeno made a new Domination with a vote option to kick if possible, or at least disable the player.

Another tip is to play on a server with some kind of addon required(Perhaps ACE 2 when it arrives), in my experience, this will weed out the game wreckers pretty good in public.

This is nothing new, sadly. Saw this when I had an open server running (which I had for less than two hours). Strictly small-time stuff, but we still had muppetheads that figured that it was more fun to ruin things for others than to play fair.

Result? The chance of me opening up a dedicated server to anyone except the rest of the guys in Section8 is equal to nil, or less. Unless you're sponsored by one of our members, you're not playing on the server we control.

Hamachi and invitation only membership really is the way to go, it seems.

take for example the 15id MEU i think it was? One night we had about 6 hackers back to back for about i'd say two hours? Blowing up everything on base. The admins were quick to lock the server down and try to get everything settled however I saw a number of people banned. Whom I thought were good players and still believe they were. Sadly, until ACE 2 comes out for ARMA II we will have to deal with grade A %$%-^%$#@.

take for example the 15id MEU i think it was? One night we had about 6 hackers back to back for about i'd say two hours? Blowing up everything on base. The admins were quick to lock the server down and try to get everything settled however I saw a number of people banned. Whom I thought were good players and still believe they were. Sadly, until ACE 2 comes out for ARMA II we will have to deal with grade A %$%-^%$#@.

The number of cheaters is disconcerting to be sure, but far more troubling is the tenuous situation being set up by their mere presence. Though I fully support the act of actively weeding out the cheaters, forcing them play in an ever narrowing list of servers, I've also seen a number of respectable players being falsely banned and labeled through the sometimes "radical" desire of folks to become ban-happy.

For example: I've been playing on public servers the first few days so that I can become proficient with the game before I head off to clan servers and use up resources. Last night, while playing a CTI game, I joined another player, named Phobos I believe, and together we coordinated the takeover of several towns. After an artillery strike, we both respawned at the main base where Phobos bought an APC, and while waiting for his newly acquired team to file in, some fool showed up and shot the APC with his rifle. This act, prompted by the fool's cheat, launched the APC into the air and several thousand meters away from the closest objective. Unfortunately, the Admin decided to ban Phobos for "cheating", and after informing him of the actual events that occurred, he decided to ban both the actual cheater, and myself (for what reason I am unsure. Apparently I'm an accessory through reporting the event).

While such an event would normally simply be an annoying experience to be forgotten after a beer and an avoidance of that particular server, with the sudden push to garner a universal "ban" list, how many reasonable players are going to become falsely ostracized by the community through false assumptions? I encourage everyone to show some restraint and rationality in tracking down the exact culprits.

I'm hoping this settles down as the muppets get bored and disappear back to consoledom. Myself and a friend are looking for sensible gamers to join up on MP missions. We've been trying to co-op the campaign but have got increasingly frustrated with the constant bugs, lag, stupidly placed plot triggers, and the stupid control of the chopper via the support menus. Its a real shame and we're hoping as the game matures it improves as it has loads of potential to be a great sim. Can you give us any good servers that we should join that is free from idiots. Also any suggestions of which form of voice communication to use? We've been using skype but in a multi-player environment I guess we should use something like team speak? If someone could give us server details etc it would be appreciated. Many thanks, David.

You bring up a very good discussion Santhonax, one that most admin type personalities will almost certainly disagree with.

There is very much a "I rule my server with an iron fist, if you don't like it buy your own" attitude. It's true, I am not paying for your server, but as a long time player of BIS products, I can tell you that you are dealing with a very small pool of players. This small pool of players is why your public server exists, whether you care to admit it or not. Every time you ban one of them its a big hit to community.

Think about this, say for discussions sake, that there are 300 regular players in US time zones(likely a high figure). How many do you think are actually cheaters that run 3rd party addon/scripts? It's a very small number, out of 300 I would bet there are no more than 10. Yes I know that's an extreme claim for me to make, but you have to understand how these guys work. They go to one server, often in pairs, take usually NO MORE THAN 20-30 minutes to ruin it, and then go on to the next. Over the course of the night, they are changing their names, and probably ruining 3-4 servers an hour. That's just 2 players doing that, on a peak night, maybe we see all 10 of them. 5X the server attacks/griefing, by 10 players. You could literally ruin all populated ArmA2 public servers with about 5 of these guys in a matter of hours. That is their goal, and they love to get innocent players banned as part of their game. It's no secret that they run scripts to help admins falsely accuse the wrong players. In ArmA1 they had scripts that would say a certain player was responsible for each the griefers TK's, as well as scripts that allow them to type messages under another players name. They know they can ruin ArmA2 online this way, remember how bad ArmA1 was before addon signatures?

You could argue that if you banned the wrong guy, they can take it up with you on the server website later. Have you ever been banned? You are more likely to say, "F*** those a**holes I'm never going there again" than going and registering on yet another forum, and checking the thread for days for a reply, then waiting another few days for an admin that actually knows how to unban to do it, assuming they even believe you. A small percentage of wrongly banned players may even turn to griefing other servers. As server admins, how many of you even know how to unban and what is your rate of actually doing so? Go look at your ban list, how long is it? Do you really think all 15 of them are script kiddies, I highly doubt it.

If you are paying for a public server you owe it yourself to keep the community going, be very careful when you ban and be damn sure. Being a hard-ass makes you feel better, but you guys are really turning people away from the game. Especially with a widespread release like steam, you need to be more patient, noobs are going to happen, sometimes they just need a swift kick (not ban) and they will start behaving. Give more players admin access, most of you "iron fist" guys are such control freaks you only give admin rights to a few other players who happen to only play during the same time as yourself. Whats the point of that? Would it really be against the interest of your server to give admin rights to some trusted regular players?

That kinda of shit ruined Arma1 online for a while, I didn't see near the # of players like there was around the release until ACE came out. I think maybe we should start asking for help from the mission makers because BIS either doesn't care or can't figure out how to fix it. Maybe like if Zeno made a new Domination with a vote option to kick if possible, or at least disable the player.

This kind of behaviour was already present since Arma I and they still did not cared about SIMPLE ways how to avoid it?

Well I am not sure what to say though. Particularly when other MP games rather easily avoid such issues.

This is their third MP game (never played Arma I), and they should have really thought about a few solutions by now ...

This kind of behaviour was already present since Arma I and they still did not cared about SIMPLE ways how to avoid it?

Well I am not sure what to say though. Particularly when other MP games rather easily avoid such issues.

This is their third MP game (never played Arma I), and they should have really thought about a few solutions by now ...

They did?

1) Signatures

2) BattlEye

BIS hasn't bought a liscence for BattlEye in ArmA II yet, but I bet they will eventually if there's enough demand for it. It only appeared in ArmA with much later patches.

Most public servers don't have an admin on most of the times I play...I desperately wish BIS would implement some GUI functionality of players being able to vote kick people...

I know there are chat commands on some servers wher you can #vote kick asdfdsafsdf but most people are unaware of the commands and they are not well documented.

It's getting sickening logging on to every pub server to see everything wrecked and blown up at the main base. The game should also have auto kick functionality implemented so that if they destroy too many friendly assets/buildings/players etc they are booted and locked out.

This is a great game but I am still dissapointed with the total lack of players being able to self police or automatic moderating when an admin isn't on.

They did?

1) Signatures

2) BattlEye

BIS hasn't bought a liscence for BattlEye in ArmA II yet, but I bet they will eventually if there's enough demand for it. It only appeared in ArmA with much later patches.

What I am talking about are multiplayer standarts.

1. Like: Spawn protection, of players and vehicles (at least for the main spawn)
  2. Like: The game to remember who shoot a vehicle, and thus even if you jump out of it it counts as kill or team kill for you (to many times I have been killed "by my self" that way cause someome aimed his chopper in my direction or vehicle)
  3. Like: The game to show the player that shoot the engine of vehicles
  4. Like: a comfortable vote menue and scoreboard that is easy to see without the use of "command lines" that most people dont know
  5. Like: not let the driver get the team kills regardless if the guner shoot the people
  6. Like: A forgive system. If you team kill someome the killed person should get the option to "forgive you" or "not forgive you". If you kill to much people and they dont forgive you you should get "kicked out" emediately.

I think after 2 games, years of multiplayer experience etc. one can really demand a "bit" more from a company like Bohemia regarding such issues. Particularly since those kind of people that do nothing else then start chaos on server really start to completely destroy the fun of the game. They also could have included the said features you listed (battleeye?) from the begining. But with the things I said above it should maybe not even be needed. A "in game" system that works by default on all servers is always a better protection. Particularly in such a rather small community like Arma (compared to other MP games). A forgive feature and kick vote menue have been provided many times by modders with tools in countless multiplayer games since YEARS for now (almost always only done by the community!). Its still a riddle to me why it has not become a big standart in all MP games yet.

Edited by Crni-Vuk

I think you can already have a server with everything voteable on it (I have played on one), it's just that nobody runs those servers. They'd rather have control over their own server, which is understandable, but the problem is when they aren't there to control it the server simply goes apeshit.

... A "in game" system that works by default on all servers is always a better protection. Particularly in such a rather small community like Arma (compared to other MP games). A forgive feature and kick vote menue have been provided many times by modders with tools in countless multiplayer games since YEARS for now (almost always only done by the community!). Its still a riddle to me why it has not become a big standart in all MP games yet.

For the community was always so small, mature, smart and communicative ... there was never the need for this.

Things like that were done "individually".

That's something I loved.

By now it seems the community is attracting so many noobs - don't forget the holidays for pupils - that it's often indeed unbearable and may harm the attractiveness of AA2 to new gamers. Old gamers know that you can only do a serious combat with trustworthy cogamers and a hard door server.

But don't whine and blame BI for this:

I wouldn't like that to be implemented as "standard".

It's only important for open games on public servers.

Like you yourself wrote it's the community that developes such things in time when needed. Sure it was quite early needed in Counterstrike.

Something that cannot be compared to BI-games.

For the community was always so small, mature, smart and communicative ... there was never the need for this.

I had no experience with Arma I. But this seem to give a different picture.

That kinda of shit ruined Arma1 online for a while, I didn't see near the # of players like there was around the release until ACE came out. ..

What ever if a community is small or not or if it really was a serous issue in the last game (though I am sure it happend from time to time it does always ...) I dont think it would be to much to ask for a few things from Bohemia to include in their game by default.

Yea that's why we have a password on our server..and new recruits get evaluated before they are allowed to join..