Sign in to follow this  
kybeer

Missing / white textures

Hi

I installed the English version of Arma2 and patched it to 1.02. In game i get missing and/or white textures all over the ground, objects etc. Changing the detail settings doesn't help.

I'm using Windows 7 fully patched and Catalyst 9.6 / Radeon 4890. No problems in my other games...

This probably isn't much help to you, since you have an ATi card, and I have an nvidia, but when I had the same problem I found that downgrading my graphic drivers (back to 182.50 for any of you nVida owners with the same problem) fixed it.

Perhaps you could try older or newer versions of the ATi driver?

This probably isn't much help to you, since you have an ATi card, and I have an nvidia, but when I had the same problem I found that downgrading my graphic drivers (back to 182.50 for any of you nVida owners with the same problem) fixed it.

Perhaps you could try older or newer versions of the ATi driver?

Same problem with Cat 9.5... Anyone with ATI card and same problem?

ATI 4850 here. Sometimes i get missing textures, but they're loading everytime after a while (few seconds). Most of the time the face-textures are missing. But i do have texture problems: gras textures are loading very slow in front of me while running, also vegatation textures far away when zooming in.

ASUS P5Q-E

Intel 2 Duo @ 3,0 GHz

4 GB Ram

ATI 4850 512MB VRAM

Creative X-Fi extreme music

All drivers up to date

Vista 64 Ultimate

Can you post some screen shots?

This almost sounds like aproblem I had.

Try changing the game shortcut's "Target" too (My game is installed on J but for most people it will probably be on c):

"J:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp

Your directory will probably look differant. But just add -winxp too the end of the shortcut with a space before the "-" I used the shortcut from the "All Programs" tab in the "Start Menu"

That may fix the error for the Vista64 chap but i'm not familiar with Windows 7 but I guess its worth a shot!

Edited by Spartan 969

^ doesn't work.... btw, i tried every argument (maxmem, winxp...), also crysis.exe, crysis64.exe and so on :confused:

I have this problem with a persons face from my squad. Noticed it in singleplayer sometimes, when it's taking ages to render properly, a squad mate will have a completley white head. It's a little bit freaky sometimes to turn around and there he is right behind you..

The -winxp flag to arma2.exe seemed to do the trick :)

The -winxp flag to arma2.exe seemed to do the trick :)

Glad it worked for ya!

and Eroglik, "Its behind you! :butbut:"

Try changing the game shortcut's "Target" too (My game is installed on J but for most people it will probably be on c):

Your directory will probably look differant. But just add -winxp too the end of the shortcut with a space before the "-" I used the shortcut from the "All Programs" tab in the "Start Menu"

That may fix the error for the Vista64 chap but i'm not familiar with Windows 7 but I guess its worth a shot!

Worked for me... 4870 1GB drv 9.6, WIN7 64 RC1 (8GB)

hi erm how do i change it because i have exactly the same problem and it seemed to work for the other guy

So basically that changes the compatibility mode? What does it do when you change it for windows 7 or vista any improvements?