Sign in to follow this  
oryua

The team don't move !

Hello,

I have a little problem in campaign mode.

After the mission "Vent Glacial' (french version name), I guess the mission in named "Cold Wind" in english version, my team is completely freeze (I tried if I choose the NAPA or FDT). If I send order to the team, they don't move.

I also tried to uninstalled Arma2 and reinstall again and try with the originial version, but nothing change.

This bug is very penalizing. Is someone had this problem ?

What can I do ?

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards.

Hello,

I have a little problem in campaign mode.

After the mission "Vent Glacial' (french version name), I guess the mission in named "Cold Wind" in english version, my team is completely freeze (I tried if I choose the NAPA or FDT). If I send order to the team, they don't move.

I also tried to uninstalled Arma2 and reinstall again and try with the originial version, but nothing change.

This bug is very penalizing. Is someone had this problem ?

What can I do ?

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards.

If you are running any mods, try it without.. That includes language mods etc. I think an old En mod stuffed team orders for people..

Hi,

Thank you for your anwer.

However, I'm not running any mods, only the original game.

Oryua.

Hi Am having the same problem, it first starts in the Delay the Bear mission which is after your helicopter is shot down in the Big Chill Mission and you choose to seek help from nappa. So even thought the team followed my orders in the Big Chill mission perfectly fine. As soon as the game loads the next mission they dont budge and same with the following mission where you have help nappa attack and regain control of the four towns.

This is a serious game breaking issue for the campaign mode and needs to be addressed ASAP, as it makes the game in campaign completely unplayable and a complete waste of peoples time for those that have got to this point and experienced the same issue. Needs looking into and fixing as a priority for those that are playing the campaign mode.

P>S am not running any mods or add-ons just the patch 1.02.

Hello teaboy,

Thank you for your anwers and for the details that you bring.

I am also reassured to see that I am not alone to have this problem.

Yes, it's a serious game breaking issue for the campaign mode, and I hope it'll be corrected with the next patch.

Regards,

oryua.

Same problem here. Same mission starting at the NAPA camp, the buddies just don't dare to move, they answer to the orders but stay where they were placed in the castle ruins.

I'm running the French version too.

Please correct this ASAP, it's indeed a game breaking bug.

keep playing alone u can win easily without them. They will join u later after a cutscene and they will follow u again. It seems u have to play the campain anew after the patching (we still lose our gear while swimming). I am not gonna do that and hope to be able to finish this way. I dont like the Warfare stuff also. The devs decided to simulate a large conflict the easy way (using the module). I do prefer hand-written scripted missions for the campains.

Ok, I'll try going alone, thanks for the advice. I don't understand what you say next but I suppose it's related to what happens in the following missions. :confused:

Sorry for the useless answer, but someone had to make it : in a mission called "cold wind", no wonder your teamates freeze ;)

Same problem here. UK install, no mods, v.1.02. The team remains standing in the camp when the 'Delaying the Bear' mission starts, and won't follow me or take any notice of orders. I tried switching to each AI team member in turn and running down to the truck, but this just triggered the next part of the mission script - and they still just stood there.

So, no sign of a fix for this then? I guess I'm going to have to play solo for a while...

Many instances of my squad standing still when i'm giving them orders to move.

It kills the single player experience, completely.

Hello,

I did the mission 'Delaying the Bear' in solo.. ok the key 'T' help me much :p

However, the next mission have always the same bug, members don't follow Coops again :(

This bug kill completely the campaign mode. Is it possible to have answer from BI dev team to know if they take this bug into account ?

Regards,

oryua.

Why no one from BIS is acknowlegding this issue, or at least give us reassurance that you 're looking into it. I mean we go buy the game and all, and what do we get, a buggy campaign mission!! At least let us know if this is going to be fixed in the next patch, as i have put it on hold. Not going to play it alone, as i want to do it with Razor team that has been advertised so much on U Tube. Didn't know Razor team members also do mutiny...Was not aware of it. I mean C'mon!

in the badlands mission, once you have taken the first town your teams will start to respond again, as they did with me. but if you cant be bothered then to end the mission and move onto the next, which u may have to do anyway cos the end of the mission is broke, so may not load straight to the next mission like it didnt with me. But anyway to end the mission and goto the next do the following.

press left shift key and numpad minus at same time, then type endmission (do not put in space between words). Also there is no pop up window where you can see the text ure typing either so it like typing blind but it does end the mission and skips to the next one.

press left shift key and numpad minus at same time, then type endmission (do not put in space between words). Also there is no pop up window where you can see the text ure typing either so it like typing blind but it does end the mission and skips to the next one.

Thanks for that man, I was really stuck....OK off to liberate more of Chernrus :)

Thanks for that man, I was really stuck....OK off to liberate more of Chernrus :)

no problem mate

This had actually been mentioned in the "Official missions" thread but I will post it here as it'll prevent you from having issues later on.

The issue with AI not moving in "Delaying the bear" and several other missions is a bug that was in the initial 1.02 patch. A hotfix was applied to the 1.02 patch that fixed this so you need to download the latest 1.02 patch from www.arma2.com

You may need to reinstall Arma 2 as it may say "patch already applied" even though it's not the same version.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

If you are not sure what version you have, look at the bottom right on the main menu.

Version 1.02.58134, is the latest, pay attention to the last 5 numbers as if they are lower then you will have the non-moving AI issue.

Hello Bulldogs,

Thank for the informations !

I'll try it.

Regards,

oryua.

I am having this problem too with the 1.05 patch or 1.07 patch. They do as I say til I take Novgorod sobor and I talk to the four beat up guys then after cutscene it IA exactly as described where they say copy but just stand there. And I have to agree qbt the warfare stuff it seems rather amateur for a campaign mission. But another problem is that I don't know how to access construction menu. It is not an available option when I press space bar or space bar communication.

I have a similar thread about this issue where I was told it it happens when you set your team in stealth and danger mode. When they then draw their side arm when proned they get stucked then. If your other team mates are playable you can switch to them and remove the side arm.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106869

please try latest public beta build ...

please try latest public beta build ...

I am using the second to last public beta for ARMA2 (not OA). I can't install the last one because it gives error saying, can't locate expected file or something to that extent. I have tried reinstalling the patches and the beta patches, but still get the error.