Sign in to follow this  
BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases ReducedVoices addon

Hello all! :)

Our Teammember Lester has been hard-working - as he always is! - and his first release is a MAP_ReducedVoice addon that looks similar to the MAP_NoVoice addon for ArmA, but is enlarged due to some ArmA2 specialities.

It reduces the accustic communication ingame significantly so that not every lapidary report worries the player. A spoken "unknown unknown position one-three-one-four-eight-two" will be gone but the text messages remain so you don't miss any information!

Of course Lester didn't touch the atmospheric accustic comments. Some rather rare and special units and vehicles are still there, too, but you have to read the message to learn about the context, though.

Enjoy! ;)

Read the whole news

Download page

Direct download

;1323452']Hello all! :)

Our Teammember Lester has been hard-working - as he always is! - and his first release is a MAP_ReducedVoice addon that looks similar to the MAP_NoVoice addon for ArmA' date=' but is enlarged due to some ArmA2 specialities.

It reduces the accustic communication ingame significantly so that not every lapidary report worries the player. A spoken "unknown unknown position one-three-one-four-eight-two" will be gone but the text messages remain so you don't miss any information!

Of course Lester didn't touch the atmospheric accustic comments. Some rather rare and special units and vehicles are still there, too, but you have to read the message to learn about the context, though.

Enjoy! ;)

Read the whole news

Download page

Direct download

Does it fix the "Go I'm covering....Gooooo I'm Covering...Go I'm Covering...I'm covering....I'm Covering...Go I'm Covering...Go I'm covering....Gooooo I'm Covering...Go I'm Covering"

I'd really hate to see that go ;)

Does it fix the "Go I'm covering....Gooooo I'm Covering...Go I'm Covering...I'm covering....I'm Covering...Go I'm Covering...Go I'm covering....Gooooo I'm Covering...Go I'm Covering"

I'd really hate to see that go ;)

doesn't seem so

i still get them in the campaign atleast

perhaps a bit less, but still

i wouldn't mind if it was just shouted to nearby units, but why does he have to radio it to me when they're a kilometer away?

"A .. great ... mod ... is .... now ..... ready ..... at .....12 o'clock".

doesn't seem so

i wouldn't mind if it was just shouted to nearby units, but why does he have to radio it to me when they're a kilometer away?

:eek: i've forgot something ?

If you tell me other very annoying things with the exact words, i will update this in the MAP_Reducedvoices addon in the next days. ;)

doesn't seem so

I found a new way to get rid of the "Go....I'm Covering" etc. I shoot the guy thats saying that. The others get quite then. I think they got the point. ;)

I found a new way to get rid of the "Go....I'm Covering" etc. I shoot the guy thats saying that. The others get quite then. I think they got the point. ;)
'etc' is not a needful description of annoying sounds. :rolleyes:

The "go i'm covering" should be removed in the next version, but it's better i wait til weekend for additional things. ;)

In the actual archive you have only decompress it to your ArmA2 folder, tafter that there should be a @MAP Modfolder in there.

To start it with modfolder you have to enhance your link to the arma.exe by this parameter:

-mod=@MAP;

well, as far as i tested this, while it removes some of the messages that are not totally necessary (unknown man... at grid... 0...2...4...5...6..7...8. etc) it cuts full sentenses in half. sentenses that ARE important. instead of "attack that medic" i get "attack that". instead of, "oh no. 3 is down" i get "oh no. is down". etc.

is it supposed to be like that or did i unzip it wrong? does this mod conflict with other mods?

Thats a the other part of the coin,

the elimating of the very annoying '1-2-3-1-5-2' Position is buyed by this small information gaps.

We have decided that the rest information must be enough, in the game the "normal" player aren't use the information who is "3", but he have to notice that one of his team is down !

The idea was that the most players can live without the annoying many "unimportant" information, but if you hear some important info (maybe only parts like "Sniper"), you are able to read the rest in the chatlog if you wish more info.

Edited by Lester

"A .. great ... mod ... is .... now ..... ready ..... at .....12 o'clock".

:D ive found myself doing that for a laugh in real life! i best not do it on my RSW with the TA in a few weeks as much as il be seriously tempted...

In the actual archive you have only decompress it to your ArmA2 folder, tafter that there should be a @MAP Modfolder in there.

To start it with modfolder you have to enhance your link to the arma.exe by this parameter:

-mod=@MAP;

When I extract these files, do I call the folder I extract to @MAP or is it meant to make a folder called that? it made a folder called 'MAP_ReducedVoices_V1.01' by default....also, do I extract the files to the 'my documents' Arma2 or the program files arma 2? Sorry I'm new to this.

When I extract these files, do I call the folder I extract to @MAP or is it meant to make a folder called that? it made a folder called 'MAP_ReducedVoices_V1.01' by default....also, do I extract the files to the 'my documents' Arma2 or the program files arma 2? Sorry I'm new to this.

You take the folder called @MAP from inside the extracted folder called MAP_ReducedVoices_V1.01 and copy it (just the @MAP folder) to ArmA 2's installation folder (Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2). Then to "activate" the mod, you use the parameter -mod=@MAP in the ArmA2 shortcut.

To add the parameter you right click the short cut, go to properties and add it next to the address in the target field, so it should look like this:

"Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@MAP

Edited by MakubeX

You take the folder called @MAP from inside the extracted folder called MAP_ReducedVoices_V1.01 and copy it (just the @MAP folder) to ArmA 2's installation folder (Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2). Then to "activate" the mod, you use the parameter -mod=@MOD in the ArmA2 shortcut.

To add the parameter you right click the short cut, go to properties and add it next to the address in the target field, so it should look like this:

"Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@MOD

Thank you so much for the quick and clear response Makubex. :)