Sign in to follow this  
Raza

Stuck in begining of Campaign

Ok I began the campaign and

after i finish blowing the radio truck and then rescueing the folks at village and find mass graves we go to the hilltop to spot targets for missles and the invation is to begin at 6am...i got the stuff spotted and blown up and then the sgt calls us back to the hilltop after we kill off some enemy infantry...but now we just stand around here and i have wondered what happened to the invasion the time passed by 6 then 7 then 8 and now it is close to 9 and i cant get anyone to move out for extraction and/or no invasion started ...how long do we wait up on the hill?

and is there any way to take over squad control and just get extraction ( i even thought of "accidently" shooting the sgt in the back of his head).... it has become unbearable.

help pls

Eh, sounds like something's gone wrong there mate. Mission should end after you blow up the 2nd tank. Got a recent save?

ya i blew the moving tank and then the one that was under netting...then nothing happened...no more orders from sgt just some inf to kill around the hill

Try doing the one under the netting first?

That's your problem.

Gotta blow the one under the netting first. Then you'll be ordered to do the one moving. I did them backwards too and had the same problem.

And where the hell is the tank under the netting? I've been looking for it for over an hour. I've pretty much blown up everything standing including vegetation in the entire area but its just not there!

I had the exact same problem. loading the save-game just before didn't help, each time, after the 3 targets are destroyed(even in the correct order) nothing happens. I had to restart the mission completely before it worked.

The tank under the netting is on the left of the road, a couple of hundred meters before the bridge.

I had exactly the same thing. Reverting to an auto-save seemed to sort it out, as opposed to loading a user save.

cheers guys was looking for a way around this problem ....

great game but why the heck cant they sort bugs like this before selling it I updated to 1.02 as soon as I bought it .... its like having to pay to beta test.

If there are any more bugs like this it will seriously Kill the experience.

Are there any more nasty’s I can expect which this patch has not fixed?

Did any of you play the first arma and was it stable by the time arma 2 came out?

I've got the same problem as the OP.

I did destroy the moving tank first the first time I played the mission.

Afterwards I made a new Profile with a different name.

Started the Campaign over and played until the same point.

This time I destroyed the house (1st target according to Battlemage), the AA under camoflage (2nd target according to Battlemage) and finally the moving Tank (3rd target according to Battlemage).

Still stuck and nothing happens.

Amazing that they didn't even manage to get the very 1st mission right in Singleplayer.

Anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Yea Im also stuck there on designate targets, done all 3 of em and then nothing. They keep pounding the one under the net even though its been taken out succesfully.

Tried twice choosing a save further back in time also.

Yes a workaround is indeed needed.

Any Developer/BIS-employee around?

well I did cheat with endmission but they really need to look it over.

Frikking great campaign so far though. :D

We've been unable to reproduce this bug so far. Please make sure you're not loading the game from an old-versioned save.

In the meantime, we'll do our best to find a possible glitch in the code.

* edit: The mission should end anyway after a timeout after starting the "laser show".

Hi,

I have the same problem, game was patched to 1.02 BEFORE playing,

first mission comes to the point where you designate the house with red smoke, the hidden tank, then you destroy the moving tank, then nothing happens, you are blocked on the hill waiting for something to happen.

You can assign new objective in the map like collect evidence but nothing happens.

At some point your team leader screams let's move" but nothing moves.

We've been unable to reproduce this bug so far. Please make sure you're not loading the game from an old-versioned save.

In the meantime, we'll do our best to find a possible glitch in the code.

* edit: The mission should end anyway after a timeout after starting the "laser show".

I did exactly like wb74160 did.

I installed the game (monday 22nd - 505 edition UK) and patched it before I even started the game for the 1st time.

So it's definately something wrong here after the patch since not many have had this problem (or they simply won't reply to this thread or are waiting for a solution since a thread is already there).

I can't speak for what happens if I try the mission out unpatched since I won't reinstall just because of that after the help I got from PrivateNoob.

Exactly same as last two posts.

zzz:(

If someone could PM me too with the "escape" I'd appreciate it.

Exactly same as last two posts.

zzz:(

If someone could PM me too with the "escape" I'd appreciate it.

*Pokes PrivateNoob*

:j:

I have restarted the campaign 3 times, now tried trying to follow the task instructions but i have noticed that sometimes the Map Radio Object doesn't appear, it takes restarting the game and it appears when it feels like it.

There is only 1 option in the radio dialogue when Laser designator is being used "1. Send round", no "impact" as mentioned in task details.

i have tried placing the laser over target building switch to map and click on "alpha" on radio but this only activates option 1 in radio dialogue anyway, but "alpha" does then disappear.

Then target 'Netted Armour' same way then roving amour which btw drives under/thru the bridge texture in the road.

I can do all this again using frapps and then You tubing if you need to see.

As others have said I run back to unit, with designator task still unchecked but 3 targets hit and checked off list. NO end of Mission grrrr :mad:

I have tried wasting EVERYONE down there, both with arty and bullet made no difference.

PS the first briefing about this mission, when offer to opt in/out seems to describe delivery by air/bomber, then it is "tasked" as copperhead... though the rounds come in at a pretty shallow angle not LOBbed for sure. Try hitting the truck or uaz in the compound and often between the four NME troops hits shed roof or bushes/trees, same at points on the tank's trip.

Hi

I have the exact same problem... I took out the building first, then moving tank and then the stationary AA under the camoflauge. No more bombs seams to be available as i cant call in any more bombing.

I have done all other mission objectives as well, but nothing happens at this point. I tried to move to extraction but that dosent work.

I updated to v1.02 before i even started the game (just downloaded the 1.02.52134 and is about to install).

Awsome sim and i love it, but like everyone is saying, it could do with some more quality assurance testing before released. Must be extremely hard to test and ensure such a hugely flexible simulation to be fully consitent though as there are so many variables playing in.

Looking forward to new patches :-)

Cheers

/Roger

Same here. 1st Mission does not continue after the 3 targets are destoyed by the missles.

Edited by qwertz