Sign in to follow this  
IncipitOmega

Custom maps

Will there be/Are there any ? (I don't mean scenarios)

Will I be able to make custom Multiplayer maps,when I buy the game ?

YES

Hi IncipitOmega

Do you mean Custom Missions? What other games call "Maps" are called missions in ArmA.

There are already hundreds of user made missions some already released are in this section of the forums.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

There are also whole websites devoted to ArmA I missions, that host hundreds perhaps thousands of them. Most of those sites are now converting to ArmA II

There is an inbuilt editor in ArmA which makes mission making very easy. I make one or two missions every day just for me. Some I think are good enough and will spend a couple of days improving adding briefings to and scripts to pretty them up, those are the ones I release. Really big missions may take weeks or even a month to make and test.

If you mean whole new island maps of 100s of square kilometres of terrain people are busy converting old ArmA I islands to ArmA II some tests have already been shown. I dare say we will see whole new islands never before created over next few months.

YES

Again do you mean "Maps" as in what is a Map in other games such as COD and the like and which in ArmA is called a mission? Or do you mean islands?

In both cases the answer is yes.

ArmA is the most moddable game there is, bar none. So yes you can make missions, the inbuilt mission editor is considered to be one of the greatest things in ArmA. AND YES you can make islands, it appears that ArmA II is fundamentally backward compatible with existing, MODs addons and islands and that the old tools will in the main work with ArmA II. I think they will need updating but people have already been converting old addons to ArmA II.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Thank you very much for such a splendid explanation,originally my question was,if I'll be able to make islands,referred to as maps in my previous post..I see that the answer is yes now.The mission editor is a fantastic feature indeed,and I am allready going online and learning how to play.If whole islands will be ported from ARMA 1,that would be absolutely great !! :yay: