Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

OKB 915 addons for ArmA2

That's a beaut looking APC thar... will we be blessed with a CDF version once again? :)

- EDIT: Something I was thinking of too... if you included a spraypainted red star decal you could settexture onto the tanks, similar to the VDV logos, you could easily have ChDKz versions too (seeing as the Chedaki tanks are simply stolen CDF vehicles with a shoddy red star painted on). It'd be nice to see this on the BMD2 and perhaps in a later update of the BMD1?

Edited by CameronMcDonald
Mind dump.

That's a beaut looking APC thar... will we be blessed with a CDF version once again? :)

- EDIT: Something I was thinking of too... if you included a spraypainted red star decal you could settexture onto the tanks, similar to the VDV logos, you could easily have ChDKz versions too (seeing as the Chedaki tanks are simply stolen CDF vehicles with a shoddy red star painted on). It'd be nice to see this on the BMD2 and perhaps in a later update of the BMD1?

The reasoning behind no ChDKz version was that the BMD was one or russia's most prized vehicles. It was never exported to any eastern block country. So if it was exported to CDF then the CDF would do anything to make sure it would not get into enemy hands. BMD2 pack will have a ChDKz verion however. This is because I decided to pack this with as many "probable" and "improbable" versions as I can. Even though the BMD2 was even more closely guarded then the 1. The only export that I know of is Ukraine. No BMD2's were in Iraq.

wow, looking good, so rhs got you back again? :)

He always was with us and helped with the addons that are prepared atm, and so the decission was made to release the BMD-2 under RHS... that or it was my constant whining about releasing something under RHS.

Alex is the RSS ( Red Star Studios ) founder anyway and later that was just changed to RHS when i and some others joined in.

Actually there is lot in development and saddly the Christmas release of some other addon didnt work out and its delayed, but better late than never i guess.

But as usual i go offtopic too much.

The reasoning behind no ChDKz version was that the BMD was one or russia's most prized vehicles. It was never exported to any eastern block country. So if it was exported to CDF then the CDF would do anything to make sure it would not get into enemy hands. BMD2 pack will have a ChDKz verion however. This is because I decided to pack this with as many "probable" and "improbable" versions as I can. Even though the BMD2 was even more closely guarded then the 1. The only export that I know of is Ukraine. No BMD2's were in Iraq.

Sounds good, chief. Will you be updating the BMD1 in the near future, or is that something on the back burner for now?

BMD1 will be brought up to v1.1 in the next few day but only in terms of bug fixes. After that its done. Thats as much time as im willing to give that model, time to move on to prettier things :)

Why the sad face caprera?

Major update is just around the corner; please be patient and this shall be fairly rewarded soon I think ;)

hahahah sad face because of my useless hands... Btw i was loitering when i remembered the gorgeous preview of the BMD2. So now that more or less i finally have my VDV airborne i thought to come and see if something was shown up ;)

btw i'll wait without bothering anyone :D thanks for reply

Ps:

RHS ?? Red Hammer's back ??

Yes, RHS is a busy team atm; we shall be back soon with colours flying ;)

No spoilers yet though

I'm happy to see this team is back on Arma. I still remember some work since OFP... this is great news :)

I suppose a small spoiler won't hurt anybody;

preview_7.jpg

And that's about all for now; until the official promo campaign starts

Thanks Topas! i recognise tht shape behind the foliage...

Ps:

Campaign ?? :D