Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

OKB 915 addons for ArmA2

No Gedis, thanks because i thought it was somewhat around the '90, btw what really interests me is more russian stuff to use ;) and maybe this is just a prelude, and we're gonna see more models in the future...

BMD2 is still the most massively used airborne fighting vehicle + also used by naval infantry in Russia. It proved itself in Afghanistan and in both chechnian wars. BMD3 was not in wide circulation because BMD4 was developed and BMD4 is also not quite widespread.

So i wouldn't be wrong if used with some modern infantry VDV.

I'd like to ask: but it's a MG the one on the right frontal side of the BMD ??

Edited by caprera

Weird, but useful ;)

The MG's were very usefull to mow down enemies if the BMD is stationary. If it was moving though they were pretty useless. On BMD2's the left MG was removed so the commander wont get distracted.

I'm still trying to remember but BMDs were also deployable by plane & helos ?

Because it would be also something to think about if possible to implement ingame...

Just a hint, sarmat studios are working on Il-76 and if i'm not mistaken on An-12 too, so if collaboration would be possible, BMDs would have their wings, just lacking An-22... ;)

P.S. I know that BMD-3/4s are in small numbers, but they are the most modern vdv bmds they have, maybe bmd-4m will finally let bmd-1/2/3/4s to retire, but i don't know, bmd-4m has a bigger weight, which is vital for para dropping. Time will show...

Personally I vote for bmd-1/2/3/4 replacement with bmd-4m and btr-d replacement with rakushka, but I don't do field trials, so my oppinion = 0 even to my self. :)

Just a hint, sarmat studios are working on Il-76 and if i'm not mistaken on An-12 too, so if collaboration would be possible, BMDs would have their wings, just lacking An-22... ;)

P.S. I know that BMD-3/4s are in small numbers, but they are the most modern vdv bmds they have, maybe bmd-4m will finally let bmd-1/2/3/4s to retire, but i don't know, bmd-4m has a bigger weight, which is vital for para dropping. Time will show...

Personally I vote for bmd-1/2/3/4 replacement with bmd-4m and btr-d replacement with rakushka, but I don't do field trials, so my oppinion = 0 even to my self. :)

Im not looking to cooperate with Samrat just yet as the origin of the jets is questionable. Im working on my own An12 on and off and when its done it will be the flagship.

NOthing really to drop them from, so no there is no special system yet.

Nevertheless a paradrop system would be an excellent addition even without aircrafts. Mission makers could place a BMD to the skies and let it just drop. Maybe even a script where you click on map and a falling BMD is spawned after some time. The possibilities would be great already without aircrafts :).

I have considered it as a more joint strike force structure to be used as a module or a mode in warfare. When I have more vehicles ready, and some units u would be able to call upon a VDV strike and a whole force would parachute at a given location. Imagine in Warfare if you have enough points or something you could paradrop into enemy lines and surround objectives.

I just got 2 questions, other than to say that is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long long time.

1) can infantry really ride it like they are shown on the first pic of the thread??? that would be awesome in it's own right.

2) I've seen that they have made the big jet that does the drops for the BMD2's, is there any way to script it where you can drop it out and it paradrop to the ground?

Man this is awesome, I've just started a VDV squad in Arma2 and this is like a dream come true :yay:

Nice stuff!

Most I like is that seat positions looks like real ones. I mean when Russian troops ride one of those they usualy sit on top of it and commander is near driver. Very nice. I am actually looking for such addons to add into my planned Russian campaign. Though it would be nice as well to have BTR with inf sitting on top of it.

If you could make BTR or BMP with soldiers outside seats on them, that would rock!

But if you cant, just release BMD, I am desperate to have something like this in my campaign :D