Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

OKB 915 addons for ArmA2

Looking sweet still - Now all we need are some tough as nails VDV soldiers. Keep up the stellar work :thumbs-up:

Texture are great, if they are simply OD, so what? Russian military rarely uses the same color scheme for all their vehicles that exist :rolleyes: OD colored BMD-1 does exist, so what the problem if the author of the addon choose it?

It seems that more or less uniform camo scheme had been selected in the last few years:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/T-90_armyrecognition_russia_011.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/BTR-90.jpg

This seems to be the new camo standard (which ARMA 2 got correct for the most part). There are quite a few standard dark green older vihicles left in stock, so green BMD-1 is quite acceptable. If there is ever a BMD-4 mod, something like this would be more accurate:

http://www.military-today.com/apc/bmd_4.jpg

To Soul Assassin - A+ work! Oxuenno!

Since today is "the VDV day" 79th aniversary in russia, here's some nice vid for VDV concept:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJpYVFxrRI

the famous VDV song - sineva

History of VDV:

How they celebrating it?

that's how ;)

Oh, nearly forgot:

Brilliant video's mate, pity there are no subtitles. :( Still makes for good eye candy either way. ;) Always liked Russian IFVs very much a go anywhere do anything vehicle :)

WANTED: a talented and innovative scripter or scripters for developing a complex cargo carrying script. Possible future project cooperation is guaranteed. Desperately need your help :).

What about talking with RKSL studios. What you need might be something they already have in their cargo addon or it might be something they will be interested in adding to it.

Thnx Gedis for cool videos as always. That BTRD dance was freaking cool I can almost do that in ArmA2 now :) but unfortunately work is at turtle's pace now due to time constraints :( but this month is officialy 1 year since the start of the project :S

Waiting for a friend to come fiddle with some textures and for someone good to help me out with scripts. Otherwise its done.

Did you find the help you needed? ARMA2 really needs your BMD:) Do you work on some other BMDs?

Not sure if Soul means the person i think he means but the BMDs will come with a variety of new Skins that will fit the ArmA2 story well.

I hope Soul doesnt mind me telling that much

haha no steve I dont mind (too late for that dont u think :P). Let just say that real life issues are working against us but rest assured, the pack will come out and it will be bigger, better and will suit A2 perfectly. The arma 1 beta I released a while ago will weep when version 1 will come out ;)

Well konanone, welcome to BI studio forums, we hope you enjoy your stay ;)

and now for the on topic part of the post: REALLY looking forward to this.

bmd2.jpg

- the whole thing is completely scratch built and nothing scavenged from first pack in order not to carry over any errors.

- much more detailed then the first one.

- miles more technically accurate.

- model built with the modelling errors of the first one in mind.

Wow, the models are looking good! Can't wait for some VDV action, urrah urrah urrah! :D One question though, are the vehicles air-droppable?

NOthing really to drop them from, so no there is no special system yet.

Looking ace, could you give us poly/tris/face count? Just curious.:bounce3:

12000 verts with around the same polies. Maybe even goes down as I make the high res for the normal bake and decide to scrap some.

With all the details, that's a pretty good polycount, good work! :wink_o:

i'm really looking forward to this ! we really needed some modern ruski stuff outta here :D

i'm really looking forward to this ! we really needed some modern ruski stuff outta here :D

don't want to break in, but BMD-2 is no were close to a modern... although BMD-4 or BMD-4M or Rakushka would be ;)

let's hope Soul_Assassin gonna mass produce all bmd series babys...

... and i'll keep providing codes which are vital for genes of the new borns :)

hehe, looking good ;)