Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

OKB 915 addons for ArmA2

We are still moving into ArmA2 :) with more great addons coming up! For now we have the overhaul of the BMD1 pack:

bmd1a2.jpg

This new version will feature these improvements:

- cargo on the roof

- beautiful interiors made by Manfred

- new realistic optics for ALL crew members, including hull gunners and side facing cargo

- possibly a passive IR night vision

- balanced center of gravity providing very cool inertial rocking on acceleration and deceleration.

- configs have been totally reworked to reflect ArmA2 changes: sounds, optic effects etc.

- models are more optimised

- materials and textures improved for ArmA2 including use of the "Super" shader.

For those who have not used it in ArmA1 here's a list of features of the previous versions:

- innovative cargo placement with periscope views

- vehicle animations such as raising/lowering the water shields.

- variable ground clearance

- marking system

- working hull MGs

- working suspension

- proper operation of the 9M135M1 launcher

- custom damage textures

- and many more...

cool, feature list is wonderfull!!!

Looks perfectly well.

Soul_Assassin in the future it will be possible to see models BMD-2, BMD-3 and "Nonа-С" for VDV?

Da! But with time. If everything goes well I want to release a few other things which are half finished at the moment.

BMD2 though is already at an early stage in development, but even with the model largely the same as BMD1 the model will be totally new to take into account all the things that were missed or only learned durring the development of the first one.

How about a WIP pic instead of just a google image of what you're aiming for?

Looking great, looking forward to it - The RHS addons were always top notch stuff, I can't imagine this being any different.

Im not really active in RHS anymore but I do talk to the guys there and they also got some pressies coming soon ;)

The model looks great, but it seems the textures need a lot more work.

well, haha thats honest :) Maybe you can elaborate? What would you like to see?

well, haha thats honest :) Maybe you can elaborate? What would you like to see?

Well it seems you based the textures on this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Kiwisdofly/bmd-1.jpg

But it would look much more realistic if it looked more like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Kiwisdofly/ACE_72114_BMD1.jpg

minus the extra writing (it's just some dedication to soviet heroes stuff). That is the camo of the 40th Army which saw action in Afghanistan. I don't have precise confirmation on this (just a black and white photo) but I'm almost certain these dudes rolled flat green like in that illustration.

You could also do a modern version that would be like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Kiwisdofly/BMD-1_vttv_omsk_2007_001.jpg

Or you could do a similar camo to the other russian armour that's already in the game so everything looks uniform.

I just think the current texture you have right now looks too rusted out, as if this thing was left to the elements for hundreds of years but never saw any use and nobody ever looked after it. At the very least you need to show more "use" on it - dust, scratches, etc.

Its hard to make out in the picture because of all the bloom, but it does look like the texture could use a bit more dirt etc, and when you say proper operation of the missile launcher, does this mean it acts like a proper joystick guided missile? Where you literally have to fly the thing in instead of wire guidance?

I think he means using it turned out only.

Well it seems you based the textures on this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Kiwisdofly/bmd-1.jpg

But it would look much more realistic if it looked more like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Kiwisdofly/ACE_72114_BMD1.jpg

minus the extra writing (it's just some dedication to soviet heroes stuff). That is the camo of the 40th Army which saw action in Afghanistan. I don't have precise confirmation on this (just a black and white photo) but I'm almost certain these dudes rolled flat green like in that illustration.

You could also do a modern version that would be like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Kiwisdofly/BMD-1_vttv_omsk_2007_001.jpg

Or you could do a similar camo to the other russian armour that's already in the game so everything looks uniform.

I just think the current texture you have right now looks too rusted out, as if this thing was left to the elements for hundreds of years but never saw any use and nobody ever looked after it. At the very least you need to show more "use" on it - dust, scratches, etc.

Well then its is super strange that a guy who actually rode one of these in Afghanistan finds the texture quite pleasing. If its your taste that im am not quite reaching with my standards then save it :) Im only working to satisfy my own taste, even though my taste is not based on that first pic :P Wait for it to come out before making such accusations against a photoshopped screenshot ;) Or you can download the version for arma1 (search for the thread here on this forum) and try it in arma2 or 1.

MechaStalin - operation done by manning the 9M113 launcher and turning out, aiming and firing.

It's alright, you don't have to be so defensive about it. I'm just giving you suggestions on improving your work by giving you constructive criticism.

Maybe showing off your addon with overly excessive amounts of photoshop is not the best of ideas.

I'm not being overly defensive, only pointing out that amount of wear and tear and dust is purely up to the makers taste.

sorry, but i can't stop laughing at what Georg.B had said.

dude, you are talking like you know more than it's creator, which it is not and don't worry, soul assasin has got plenty of information about bmds(operational manuals, schemes and lots of other blah blah stuff) and he has contacted soldiers/veterans of vdv.

So basically, wait and get blown by the quality of this project ;)

Edited by Gedis

Oh come on now Gedis, don't get yourself in trouble over this. Gedis here btw has been a true friend and a great information source for anything I ever asked. And for that I say aÄiÅ« labai Gedis :)

Texture are great, if they are simply OD, so what? Russian military rarely uses the same color scheme for all their vehicles that exist :rolleyes: OD colored BMD-1 does exist, so what the problem if the author of the addon choose it?

Edited by USSRsniper

The BMD1 is practically done:

bmd1a3.jpg

BMD1P is next on the list but before I can dump it all on you , the public, I need to make the following announcement:

WANTED: a talented and innovative scripter or scripters for developing a complex cargo carrying script. Possible future project cooperation is guaranteed. Desperately need your help :).

The BMD1 is practically done:

BMD1P is next on the list but before I can dump it all on you , the public, I need to make the following announcement:

WANTED: a talented and innovative scripter or scripters for developing a complex cargo carrying script. Possible future project cooperation is guaranteed. Desperately need your help :).

Great work mate!, Its good to see some high quality armor landing! :D

I still think it could use some more brown dirt/dust/mud on the vehicle from what I can see.