Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

More comments relative to SP mode.

Russian dialogue echo or whatever when playing in English mode.

Mission after Badlands needs a lot of work including, stop AI enemy vehicles running wildly all over the place without any apparent logic, stop vehicles crazily bumping into stationary object, place the AI HQ and vehicles logically on the map. Everything seems to be placed at random with no plan. Also in this mission getting repeated notices to take villages and then in a very short time getting message it has been taken without time to do anything. Crazy stuff. Like battlefield and equally frustrating for SP mode.

Perhaps this game like Battlefield suited only to MP mode and is not going to be optimized for SP mode.

Perhaps the third party mods will be good as was the case with ARMA 1 and OFP.

Suggestion - SLAP people like this HARD !

Why? Cause I'm right?

-when you are editing and you resume a mission (say you suspend and come right back) the FPS slows dramatically. So their must be a mem leak or something.

-Needs more work on AI that wallhack/doorhack/fencehack etc... :D

-Needs more work on AI drivers who hit a tree or other obstacle and sit there.

-Injured AI sometimes go into buildings and can never come out.

-Fine tune steering wheel control. With keyboard, X52, or XBOX controllers I still have bad reaction time/delay.

-Lots more refining needs to be done to the editor flow. Like a preview MP button underneath the preview button which is available when you save a usermission as MP mission would be nice. Forced previewing of MP mission and not the usermission you are working on is confusing. Maybe a stats button to see how many of what you placed is in the mission.

-fix bugs in First Aid modules and make it MP compatible.

-Their might be a fix for this on my vidcard settings, but the alpha channel seems to show up as a white border on some objects. Their should be a blend/filter alpha on the card I'll look into that. If its something that can be added in-game that would be nice. Maybe a checkbox in the settings?

-Alpha texture flickers overlay textures. Like a muzzle flash over bombed ground textures. You see sortof a "swap" between them through the flash if that makes sense.

theirs more but I have to go to the bathroom...

Add:

Flares - why the hell are they not in the game?

Little Birds

AC130 Spectre gunships to be used in Coop

F-18s

F-15s

More OPFOR aircraft

UAV's being able to actually do Recon. Meaning they can take pictures and send them to all units (maybe the GPS could be re-designed to be able to view pictures.)

Ah-64 Apaches

M3 Bradleys

Make it easier for players in MP to use Arty and motors

When you shoot an enemy, he dies then and there.Shooting an enemy then having to wait 5 seconds to see him drop to make sure not to waste ammo is very annoying

Warning systems in aircraft. Why when im being locked on im not warned? And why when a missile is heading for me there is no beeping going off inside the aircraft? Im not talking about the warning that rarely goes off in the upper right hand corner, why are there absolutely no alert systems inside the aircraft?

The radars on the aircraft display (inside) to actually show things. Like vehicles, missiles, aircraft, etc

An eject animation in jets would be AWESOME. Couldn't you imagine having a missile hit you then noticing on radar there's another going to finish you and rushing to eject as fast as you can. While ejecting out you see your plane get blown to absolute bits.

Oh reminds me, being able to rearm with different types missiles and bombs would be very very nice.

Im sure if i thought longer i could think of many more suggestions :P

Hah

Electronics help in vehicles and aircraft such as the abrams.

Snipers or spotters being able to truly work together. Maybe with they are together the spotter can provide the correct info for a perfect kill. We do not know how to calculate where our round is going to land at 492m with a M24 as a player

Amour ballistics

Infrared for tanks and helicopters

Crazy stuff:

More ships for Russians and US

Being able to go inside ships, using their guns, commanding, sending aircraft off the carrier, etc

Having massive sea battles

:)

Edited by Eagle911
new info

A reason to fight for, a ranking system, some medallions for my 50 tank kills, something!!!!

A reason to fight for, a ranking system, some medallions for my 50 tank kills, something!!!!

Battlefield 3 will be out in the fall mate. If you need shiney medals you could always make something out of tin foil if it makes you feel better. They have bigger problems that giving you a warm fuzzy feeling with shiny stars!

Add:

Flares - why the hell are they not in the game?

Little Birds

AC130 Spectre gunships to be used in Coop

F-18s

F-15s

More OPFOR aircraft

UAV's being able to actually do Recon. Meaning they can take pictures and send them to all units (maybe the GPS could be re-designed to be able to view pictures.)

Ah-64 Apaches

M3 Bradleys

Make it easier for players in MP to use Arty and motors

When you shoot an enemy, he dies then and there.Shooting an enemy then having to wait 5 seconds to see him drop to make sure not to waste ammo is very annoying

Warning systems in aircraft. Why when im being locked on im not warned? And why when a missile is heading for me there is no beeping going off inside the aircraft? Im not talking about the warning that rarely goes off in the upper right hand corner, why are there absolutely no alert systems inside the aircraft?

The radars on the aircraft display (inside) to actually show things. Like vehicles, missiles, aircraft, etc

An eject animation in jets would be AWESOME. Couldn't you imagine having a missile hit you then noticing on radar there's another going to finish you and rushing to eject as fast as you can. While ejecting out you see your plane get blown to absolute bits.

Oh reminds me, being able to rearm with different types missiles and bombs would be very very nice.

Im sure if i thought longer i could think of many more suggestions :P

Hah

Electronics help in vehicles and aircraft such as the abrams.

Snipers or spotters being able to truly work together. Maybe with they are together the spotter can provide the correct info for a perfect kill. We do not know how to calculate where our round is going to land at 492m with a M24 as a player

Amour ballistics

Infrared for tanks and helicopters

Crazy stuff:

More ships for Russians and US

Being able to go inside ships, using their guns, commanding, sending aircraft off the carrier, etc

Having massive sea battles

:)

Most of the stuff you posted is not being used by the US Marines, so no.

But then again neither is the A10.

When sitting in a truck, your head is very high, just near the cabin roof, and when you look left or right, you don't see what is left or right from your truck, you can only see a small piece of land, near you truck. In real life you can see at least a horisont line and more when you look in the window :D it seems like the player is 2.5m high and don't fit into the truck cabin...... VERY UNREALISTIC

Work with Nvidia and stop the crashing of the nvidia driver. More tweaking so the game runs faster (FPS). I'm running a i7 920, Asus Deluxe P6T V2, 3GB Ram, Vista 32-bit, Nvdia 285GT OC2 BFG card. Lags and crashes.

No .. :raisebrow:

I'm personally so sick of seeing so much developers "Valve, Dice ect.." working hard on some shit ranking/stats systems, so some kids from 10 to 15 could get a woody playing a video game, while they could put much more efforts on improving/debugging their games ..

So again fuck no! :681:

Edited by dunedain

Seriously BIS...I can't believe you actually have to have the disc in the drive to actually play the game. Patch the game to where you don't have to have the disc in the drive to play. K Thanks!

Increase the C-130's weapon and ammo cargo space... 3 weapons and 20 mags? It can carry tonnes(literally) for goodness sake, but not a box of magazines?

And I'm sure this has been mentioned, but for my piece of mind, fix the negative scoring when getting kills in an enemy vehicle. How did that get past testing?

1.Detachable optic or weapon options. (silencer, iron site, grip...)

2.Working leaf scope like AA3.

3.If a unit was shot during changing weapon from rifle to RPG or AT weapon or any, he must be dead as soon as being shot, not after finishing animation.

4.More magazine slots for RPG18 AT man. Usually they carry the same amount of magazines as a rifleman in real life.

5.Terrain deformation by a big air strike or bomb.

Edited by ArmedAnarkie

Love this game !!. But ...

Issues;

1. Map coordinate "Northings" STILL read from top-to-bottom as opposed to bottom-to-top. Please take a look at any map in order to see that game map has this the wrong way around ...

2. Tanks still behave unrealistically in that they whizz and spin about as though they weigh nothing at all - Tanks will NOT perform "neutral turns" (spin on their axis) unless on roads or very hard surface. Tanks, when in contact, will always endeavour to keep their thickest armour facing towards the main threat and are likely to slow down NOT speed up and turn their rear armour towards the enemy. Tanks when ambushed, or in trouble, are likely to fire smoke dischargers, reverse rapidly and THEN redeploy - please add reverse to AI

3. Currently changing "formation" does not seem to affect tanks, which persist in following each other in convoy.

4. Helicopters, when going into a hover, persist in going high in the air before settling into position.

Please, PLEASE look into these points for 1.3

improve the overall performance and maybe tweak the AI,I'm not worried about the cigarette lighter not working in the Humvee

Hi Guys,

In the 1.02 patch my triplehead2go stopped working and I had to uninstall and go back to 1.01, will this be fixed in the new release.

Also can you add support for multi GPU processing (SLI and Crossfire).

Thanks guys.

1. get rid of the breathing. AI is to good to have to wait to "catch my breath" to steady my aim.

..well I was gonna write more but does it matter. Is it October yet!

I always thought that it would be nice to somehow have the ability to run the game in the ArmA I version of the engine. A button in the options menu, or at least the ability to turn the settings down lower for users with low-end PCs would be nice.

In short - optimization would be nice. That and campaign fixes would be very nice.

- Storms - actual storms, not just light rain. Dark sky, pouring rain etc etc.

- Better gun-smoke effects.

- Aircraft Countermeasures.

- Fix flickering textures.

- Medium range graphics improvements, at medium range the graphics are terrible, maybe extremely low LoD grass for the areas beyond normal grass?

- Screeching tyres? It would make the vehicles feel more alive and less "squishy".

Everything else has already been mentioned.

Love this game !!. But ...

Issues;

1. Map coordinate "Northings" STILL read from top-to-bottom as opposed to bottom-to-top. Please take a look at any map in order to see that game map has this the wrong way around ...

2. Tanks still behave unrealistically in that they whizz and spin about as though they weigh nothing at all - Tanks will NOT perform "neutral turns" (spin on their axis) unless on roads or very hard surface. Tanks, when in contact, will always endeavour to keep their thickest armour facing towards the main threat and are likely to slow down NOT speed up and turn their rear armour towards the enemy. Tanks when ambushed, or in trouble, are likely to fire smoke dischargers, reverse rapidly and THEN redeploy - please add reverse to AI

3. Currently changing "formation" does not seem to affect tanks, which persist in following each other in convoy.

4. Helicopters, when going into a hover, persist in going high in the air before settling into position.

Please, PLEASE look into these points for 1.3

Yes, there's smoke in the game. Let's see the tanks deploy it by all means and then pull back behind it.