Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

Make AI see even less trough bushes, trees and grass. When you shoot trough trees though, nothing goes trough. Only on edges of some trees you can shoot trough. Same goes for sabot shells for tanks. You shoot in bush in front of enemy tank and tank is unharmed. So he calmly shoots you back and blows you up. AI drivers are mainly good but sometimes they just turn around and want to go whole way around insted of just going forward that road to next town.

When lying on ground (PRONE) with USMC Demolition Expert (maybe happens with all units) plus MK48 MG and moving - the animation or whatever is making the screen "jump" once hard left/right/up/down depending where your moving. Dont know if its mentioned, but must be a bug and is very annoying.

Noticed it while making a mission and i was in 3d person. Suggest fix.

Alex

Perhaps convert the DC-3 from QG over and add it to the Ambient civilians module, so the sky will be populated with civie airlines which drop off and pickup passengers etc. when the player uses Ambient civilians.

need to disable this lighting effect in game = light blindness with your eyes.

seams its effecting the graphics in game , on my monitor seams washed out sometimes the visuals , in dark conditions its worse.

also a grain effect i notice as well =disable this in options.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Perhaps convert the DC-3 from QG over and add it to the Ambient civilians module, so the sky will be populated with civie airlines which drop off and pickup passengers etc. when the player uses Ambient civilians.

this can be added later for now its performance /camera tweaks, realistic damage and disable huds /graphics audio tweaks. main priority.

Please fix AI pilot skills especially for the Campaign when your getting a troop transport. The AI pilots land beside two trees then take off running into them and Bam Force 21 no more...thanks a lot "revert again."

When your approaching the LZ give a option to update the LZ position if you see the current one looks to dangerous... The pilots seem to finish the first LZ requested or at least lower altitude and hover then hit the objects and die.

this can be added later for now its performance /camera tweaks, realistic damage and disable huds /graphics audio tweaks. main priority.

Rightyho, thanks for clarifying.

Add some anti teamkill measures like kick people after x amount of teamkills or add a kick button in the player list you access by pressing J cause most people have no idea of "#vote kick" command.

Add some anti teamkill measures like kick people after x amount of teamkills or add a kick button in the player list you access by pressing J cause most people have no idea of "#vote kick" command.
Friendlly fire does happen! Even 3 times in game. This has to do with bad planing and coordination not always with intention.

Intentional or not some basic and quick way of dealing with teamkillers needs to be implemented. Right now if theres no admin in the server the game is teamkillers heaven.

Edited by eenter

Add a extra sound option slider for the voip, so its not linked to one of the other sound options.

Make the contours lines in map view easier to read. They need greater contrast with the background textures.

Edited by Slipster
removed title.

Make the Campaign playable and not a chore.

And you could add in british vehicles to the editor, that would be kl.

1. They are working on it. Not really a smart suggestion for patch 1.3

2. That makes no sense at all when we have USMC. Addon makers will create vehicles, and you will have full brittish forces if you decide to hang around. I've already seen brittish units being worked on wich looks super. In ArmA1 we have real cool brittish gear. From weapons all the way to vehicles. And im sure they will come into ARMA2. Just take a chill pill and go play and have fun for now.

Get some more info next time will ya! ;)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Indeed his query lacked depth, however he is correct. The AI can be reallllly odd at times mainly team members.

More specifically they take forever to follow through with orders. Often they become confused in vehicles and start driving random places.

Mainly I need the receiving bug to be fixed as well as the various texture detail problems...I can't play the game multiplayer...

A prompt patch mainly addressing these errors may just satisfy thousands of customers.

fix the speach! the voice acting is piece of shit! it is like H1... ThEr3

Fix the problems with i7 using hyperthreading, unplayable right now.

general performance fixes i think

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Include the demo benchmak with the real game.

For the love of all that is good in this world, please fix the command system. I'm sure you thought you were helping us out in commanding AI, but you've turned it into a complete cluster f&&k. It is now impossible to change AI settings, have them flank, have them go prone, have them go to danger, have them DO ANYTHING without having to press a bazillion keys. At least in the new "intuitive" space command action, put an option in to access the old ARMA 1 menu. Please!!!!

At least in the new "intuitive" space command action, put an option in to access the old ARMA 1 menu. Please!!!!

You can use the old command interface just like in Arma1. The only difference is that when the "intuitive" interface pops up, you have to know which number you want to hit first (like "1" for move) before it brings up the next menu. There's probably an option in the "intuitive" command interface to select "complex command" or something of the sort, which would bring you to the root menu of the old style.

Being able to see friendly names when you aim at them, regardless of what squad they are on.

AI not being crack shots with eagle eyes and better multi play its frustrating wasting an HR to find a good game and then have the server reboot or still have a supper lagged game. just some thoughts

1. Fix the Ai Chopper pilots crashing into object and picking unsafe LZ's.

- Allow them to do a circle or hover so you can clear enemy positions that are near when you approach.

2. Fix the Campaigns so they are a smooth working experience. One mission I had fire support then the same mission redone I didn't have it... something mysterious happened to the Artillery guns.

3. Fix Enemy AI, the enemy AI can see through bush no problem yet we can't see them and they end up killing you.

4. I see no bullet penetration effects like the game advertised, trees, medical tents, there windows.. all deflect or stop the bullet.

5. Clean up the Communication interface or at least fix it so the AI actually Flank Left, or follow the orders given.

6. Fix the Brightness/Gamma, it will be really dark in the forest and all of a sudden really bright when you hold your breath and zoom in.

7. Have the AI helicopter automatically rearm and refuel when they RTB until next transport request. I'm not the pilot or Esso guy why should I have to call it in?

8. Allow our AI team members to use grenades/smoke/flares etc. when it would be appropriate instead of calling one member over so I can go through his pockets and take what I need and do the job myself.... (Simulation I thought?) AI have no brains...

Thank You

Night Vision should be fixed immediately, because it's useless:

arma22009070213282265.jpg