Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

I've only been playing the Demo so far but heres my opinion.

Graphics:

-Improve performance if possible or add more video option so we can improve it ourselves :)

-Improve muzzle flash especially in the dark.

-Do star really look that ugly at night with night vision ?

IA

-Improve their driving skill please. I had Armor roll over and kill friendly troops in the High command training or AI pilot not supporting infantry at all bad positionning their helicopter so door gunner could not shoot...

Thats all I can see so far really, the game is great overall just need some polishing and optimisation I think.

This damn bug that you're not able to bind the "next target"-key to the joystick has to be fixed ! It's awkward that I have to press TAB all the time =/

That equals to being killed. Imagine you're leaning around a corner and there's a UAZ there with a machine gun, looking just in your direction. They'll start shooting immediately. Wasting even ~1.5 seconds to toggle the lean means you're dead. That time could've been used to move away from the corner right away.

Try playing with it for a while and you'll know what I mean.

I know there are other issues with the game but this has been bugging me for a long time with ArmA 1, too.

Nope. It's not a problem for me. It seems that you're just too slow, and are blaming the game on it.

Temporary solution, don't toggle lean unless you're prepared to stay there a while. Nothing is preventing you from leaning out with the momentary command until you are confident that you want to be there for a while. Toggle lean pretty much assumes you want to lean for extended periods anyway.

To be honest though, there is absolutely no redeeming value in Lean (Toggle) to remain when you move. Who is running around with Lean (Toggle) on and is enjoying it? Movement should automatically disengage Lean (Toggle) after a few steps or when evasive forward is used.

Sometimes, I misjudge my lean and either lean too far around a corner, or don't lean far enough. So, I just adjust myself a little bit while still leaning. If I really need to get out of the lean position, I just tap E and go. It takes less than 1 second.

Wouldn't this just place the crosshair in the middle of the two monitors?

Abs

Not on Vista it wouldn't as Vista does not natively support a "spanned stretched" desktop what I am looking for is making the game able to display the map on the right monitor or any other custom view even 3rd person view on the right and the main view on the left monitor. I suppose though that if there is a software way to make one big stretched viewpoint across both monitors which is offset slightly to the left monitor allowing you to see the crosshairs then it may work.

Another improvement would be to make it easier to heal wounded comrades!usually when i run up to them to help the heal icon annoyingly just keeps turning to the drag body icon & i have to keep moving round the body till the icon stays on heal :confused:

In version 1.00 the ambient civilians (module) would sometimes get in a vehicle and drive, but not in 1.01 or 1.02. This was a nice immersion ingredient and I hope it returns.

After 1.00 the big cities don't get populated either, at least not from my experience. This is also something I wish for.

@trickster1982 u must drag or carry him away to safe zone so u are not under fire then heal :P

AI bugs need fixing, but I dont play SP, just MP so its not that important to me!

Fix aircraft so that all dials and displays function.

Av-8 the HUD is far too light, ya have to zoom in to even see it.

F-35, as its common knowlage this bird has no HUD IRL and in-game, surely we could have http://www.vsi-hmcs.com/f35.htm with a visor HUD!

Make aircraft fly like real aircraft, they feel like they have no weight and stuff, thats comming from somone who playes too much FSX set to realistic.

Switching to side arm should take about 1sec, it should be far quicker than reloading.

Some bugs need fixing, like that grenade-throwing thing were you cannot move while throwing grenades. Or another animation thing: (It seems this is an old engine bug) i.e when you fall from one staircase to another, or 'jump' from an object to the ground, the movement is disabled for some milliseconds until 'the system has sorted itself again and starts playing the walking/running animations set again or whatever your avatar is going to do next' (scenegraph actions?). I hate it, it costs time. Time where that hostile over there can perforate my face into a bloody fleshy sieve :bounce3:

...and finally the usual thermal imaging wish - putting it into an expansion is also appreciated.

@trickster1982 u must drag or carry him away to safe zone so u are not under fire then heal :P

Ahh right I see! I'll try that next time then!

Ok something else they can fix is this damned error thats crashing me to desktop everytime i try to load a save game, its stalled me in the campaign as i cant progress any further than manhattan now! :mad:

Also i think they should remove the autosave when you "suspend" a mission,sometimes you've cocked the mission up or you want to quit because your shutting down for whatever reason, & dont want it to automatically overwrite your save with one that leaves you stuck in the middle of an awkward firefight etc...

Another bug that needs to be fixed is that if you are officer, and you take M136 you cant use its ironsight. You only see models head and not the sight. I dunno if this happens with any other AT weapons or with other characters that can carry less, like medic or something.

The "crash test dummy" bug needs to go as well,quite a few times my team mates have lost the textures on their faces just leaving a white crash test dummy type face!it sorts itself out if i look away from them & look back again or walk a bit closer to them,but its still one of those small annoyances!

Shotgun buckshot shells. Similiar shells Kozlice had in OFP. I don't mind if the engine can't support buckshot pellets flying simultaneously out of the shotgun barrell, OFP method of shooting pellets as burst with 0.000X second interval is a good workaround.

But the shotguns definately need buckshots. The carrier deck task of shooting clay pigeons is ridiculous if you only have slugs!

Slugs are mainly used for example breaching locks or when more punch/penetration is needed.

Some things I can think of after playing around a bit with arma 2 today.

- Some bugs in armoury (sorry didn’t think about noting them down)

- Fix the thing with the grass where it’s easier to see things further away then close up as I’m starting to wonder why I’m even bothering to have the grass on.

- Stop the commander view from being near uncontrollable because it moves with the turret meaning you can’t keep looking in the direction you want and are at a constant fight with the gunner.

- Some more civilians driving around and populating cities would be nice, I know there is a war and everything but it doesn’t mean everyone is held up in houses all the time they need food at some point.

- Some of the civilians I keep finding look like they think they are still in an editor with their arms out to their sides like it would be when being mapped (I think)

- Fixing the campaign and adding more in-depth tutorials on the use of the buildings you construct might be nice (lot of questions from people on them)

- Having any launcher that is disposable not taking up a stupid amount of inventory space, I mean why?

- Having disposable launchers automatically dropped after use or an option to drop them easier.

That’s all I can think of atm

Edited by vshadow

*Better Performance

*Fix Jittery Camera in Armory "Scenes'

*Option to hid hud in Armory "Scenes"

*Work on Texture pop in

*Sound glitch, when sounds get to loud IE aircraft, they can cut out completely.

*Fix 8GB problem so we don't have to use -winxp tag. (Makes mod folders not work)

*AI bugs like AI not regrouping, staring at walls, ect.

*Allow us to mute in game music, but keep main menu music. I dont like hearing music when I am immersed in the game, but I LOVE the musics that plays at the menu.

*Benchmark Level from the Demo, add it to the full release so we can easily test the results of overclocks and new hardware.

To have the ability to customise your weapon loadout before each mission starts - amd camo.

I think they should stop you from being able to "see" things miles away as well,like my team keep saying "enemy.....MAN..at 4 .....o'clock!" or whatever when there is nobody there,so i check the map & the guy turns out to be over 2 miles away :rolleyes:

Also a few times enemy forces are showing up on my map but theres actually nothing there! I was in the middle of a field on Manhattan & there was a bright red T-72 icon in the field on the map but no enemy in sight! :confused:

Also fix that thing where ½ the screen blacks out if the sky is in view. I know where it’s coming from but if I look towards a sun set in real life I can still see in front of me though not as easily I can still see unlike in arma where it’s all black.

1. In the boot camp training the info screens disappear too quickly. Better if all info screens stay there until the user clicks on a button OK or continue. I kept missing some of the info.

2. With the optical sight of the main rifle in optical sight mode (red dot in a ring), field of vision is blocked too much by the dark ring surround. Much worse than other similar games. It is only a game. Could the sight be made less obstructive. Rifles with metal sights have less obstructive view.

3. Also when you are using this same rifle in non optical sight mode the rifle body position obstructs field of view too much. Could the rifle be moved out of the way until you switch to optical sight mode.

4. Decrease the sensitivity of armoured vehicles accelerating and stopping and turning in response to direction keys taps. Impossible to steer them. Perhaps make it user adjustable. Humvees are better to drive for some reason.

Edited by Scimitar67

Also a few times enemy forces are showing up on my map but theres actually nothing there! I was in the middle of a field on Manhattan & there was a bright red T-72 icon in the field on the map but no enemy in sight! :confused:

I think it's like that because that was the last known position of T-72 there. You or one of your team mates saw it there sometime before you got there.

I know because BMP shot me to pieces in one of the campaign missions.

I looked in my map to find it so that i could sneak up from flank and destroy it with RPG. As soon as i reached the spot where i should have clear shot i heard engine roaring at my side and the BMP emerged from behind bushes and shot me right there. I was couple of seconds like " What the fuck" :D

I'm positive i didn't hear any engine noises before.

This shows that enemy AI really is very cunning at times. Good work BIS, just improve the performance. :yay:

Edited by Potatomasher