Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

Here's a good suggestion - on MP - allow you to add favourites - a number of times I've played on a good server - (no lag / crash) for once.. with good team players.. logged off and next day - couldn't remember what server I'd played on..

** So I say in the MP server list - add a favourites (and also filter by favourites).

Regards

Lima-14

Yea,the flickering textures ARE indeed very! annoying.So thats my first suggestion.The medic module is still pretty buggy,if ur medic or someone heals a soldier,after that he just dont move anymore...;.-(he roger on orders but he cant do anything.atleast performance tweaking is something we all want to see.keep up the good work BJ,thanks!

oops should have posted my wish here:

Put LOD quality distance slider in video options. Setting how far away from my unit the Maximum quality LOD is generated.

The AA infantery less accuracy or set a flare system, because one shoot, one kill...and I have sometimes a bug where the missile (stinger I think) was behind me trying to hit me like HOT SHOT...the missile was at the same speed like me...ridiculous :j:

I would suggest, that in the future patch for ArmA 2 they update function setFriend, that it can be used as side1 setFriend [side2, value], and faction1 setFriend [faction2, value] to set one faction enemy for other, or one to friend other. Just this game does not suffice. (Sorry for my bad english iam living in Russia)

A fix for the config error I get when calling for a medic via the support menu would be nice. That really grinds my gears.

Fix & Suggestion

Joint Strike Fighter: When gears are in it says "GEARS" on the panel. I think that should be the other way so you know your gears are out. The flaps are lit in the panel when they are out. Think it might have been a small "unimportant" miss. Makes you bit confused in the beginning though.

Also there is room for more indications on that panel to the side of the flaps indication. Can we get HOVER lit when its active? Would be sweet.

Alex

My wife is asking for a female soldiers characters (not as a mod) ... please !!

Good idea and some blow up dolls please :)

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Need to fix that stuttering, and maybe a few more graphic options like grass length, trees and grass sway on/off, to help fps for mid/low end rigs.

I played ARMA2 DEMO and there are some details i would like to see in a next patch:

Animated Stars

Animation while Looking and Aiming

• Fix the animation passage phase from "fast run" into "slow run" (when pressing keys). I configured "W" key to run normally, if i press "E" it runs faster, now if i press to run slow key, the animation do not activate and i continue run fast even with the finder in the slow run key. To do what i want (change from fast run to slow run) i have to stop running, pressing no keys and press slow run again. this used to work fine in ArmA1, but does not now in ArmA2.

• Fix the waypoint ordering for AIs. In editor i put 2 soldiers (me and an Ai) and a chopper. Order the Ai to go as pilot into a place and then order him to move to other place, then tell him to disembark while he is in the air, before he lands the chopper to disembark tell him to move to other place.
    now he will say he will go, but he will elevate the chopper and stand there. if you tell him to move to any other place he won't go. If you tell him to disembark he will disembark. Looks like something is strange in the order commands

• Fix the small issue with binoculars: while using binos, order a soldier to mode to a certain place, and when you press the mouse button to tell him to go there the binos disappear and appear again.. I don't understand this animation or issue?

• Fix the sound effects of the huey when it starts. Also when im in side a flying chopper i can hear some times the stupid birds.. how possible is this?

• Fix the sound effects when you get closer to the bushes, because it sound its is burning

• while swimming with weapons, leave them more time in the player else it is boring and annoying.

Edited by bravo 6
typo & added more trolls

And this is my own list of suggestions. They don't ask for a new gfx engine or 100 new weapons, they are things that I consider very doable with the current technology. Modders have either done it themselves for ArmA or will do for Arma 2 but would be much better if BI could devote resources to them. They are definitely not for patch 1.03, but possibly down the road.

- Javelin Interface. The weapon needs a proper, realistic interface, even if not all functions and operations are simulated. It is more or less a 2D screen with some "animated" graphic elements.

- Tank Weapon system upgrade, to include UAV's FLIR and distance reading to the target and maybe a switch to the AI even when the player is the gunner which would help simulate a bit the modern ballistic computer.

- More particle effects, including dust clouds with fence/wall destruction, water particle effects for swimming and splashing water and better boat wake and propeller effect.

- I would have loved to see more animation of parachuting, like hand movements and an actual landing, but that would be crossing the barrier from expanding what's there to creating entirely new content.

I'd like to see a sharper turning circle on the C130.

I also have a small issue with certain fighter aircrafts at high speeds, the rudder seems to go abit mad.

Give the option to save when suspending play rather than just doing it anyway so that I can quite game when shot and bleeding and not have to load back into that state when I resume play.

Make it so that team members actually use the mounted weapons in the chopper rather than just sit there taking shots to the face.

Allow team AI to follow u into buildings and up stairs and ladders.

A slide to crouch or dive to prone from running animation would be nice.

Driving over steer fixed.

Better AI for chopper pilot so that he stops landing on electricity pylons ect.

More responsive map while in use and going in and out of use.

general performance optimization.

general AI improvement (pathfinding, driving ect)

give the policecar working flashlights and siren.

It's looking weird when used at night. This car is useful for cutscenes, so such a feature should be implemented.

And please give ground vehicles a better steering via mouse! It's horrible in compasrison to ArmA and OFP! Mouse is unuseable to steer cars. Have to use WADS keys.

Steering of airplanes and helos is quite fine.

1. Dual Monitor support

Wouldn't this just place the crosshair in the middle of the two monitors?

Abs

I think BIS should really concentrate on optimising the game so it runs faster at even the Normal and High modes.

Also get SLI working for those gamers who have high end systems.... they have these systems so they can play the game at its best...

I dont think it runs terribly slow but I know more could be extracted from the game in terms of FPS.

The biggest problem i have is that Normal and High default settings look very ugly and run slower than for example Stalker, Crysis etc...

The only thing that i really want fixed, is the keyboard stuttering issue.

While moving the character with the keyboard there is stuttering. When using a gamepad however, everything is smooth and i don't get any stuttering

Edited by john2gr

tweak the horizon when flying or high up so the artificial straight separation between fog and sky is less please.

Also get SLI working for those gamers who have high end systems.

If you haven't seen it already try out the Evga SLI enhancement patch. and driver 186.18

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76369

It has really boosted my SLI. the sli meter shows that the game is utilising fully both cards

and to keep the thread on track..

A/ when your in a vehicle as gunner, you cannot issue the forward, reverse, left, right commands to your AI driver anymore. would it be possible to have this back please ?

B/ when in a captured enemy vehicle and you kill enemy with the weapon of said vehicle, the score goes into the negative ? I wonder if anyone has noticed these two things.

regards./

Better performance, better optimization...thats all I want in patch 1.03.

Edited by Pauliesss

Better performance, better optimization...thats all I want in patch 1.03.

Second

I have to disagree, steering airplanes and helicopters is loads more difficult than it was in OFP - For one I think the rudder controls have to little effect, and for seconds it seems as if aircrafts hardly respond to mouse movements. So the tailrudders need to give more impact on aircraft heading and indeed, all vehicles, with a focus on wheeled ones need to be made more sensitive for mouse steering.

On the plus side, playing an infantryman in ARMA2 is totally awesome - It's so responsive and it feels just right, the official mission for the guerillas for instance created such a great ambiance, make a campaign featuring that little group, please!

hello.

i just got Arma2.

looks amazing...but it can be improved!

I just want to know if the following is possible..

1) Chase View ( i have been a fan of flaming cliffs. is there any way to lock the rear view perspective of aircraft and vehicles? ... i really DISLIKE the scroll rear view that is similar to GTA4, it would be great to have a chase view like BF2 and Lock On Flaming Cliffs.. Su-25T Rules!)

2) Clouds (its great that i see some clouds in Arma2...im just hoping someone will develop more advanced clouds... it really gives an immersed feeling of flight when seeing puffy clouds, or even clouds to hide in, like in Microsoft Flight Simulator X... WILL MAKE FLYING REALLY DAYMN AWESOME with nimbus, and status clouds....)

more to come...

-pls give the filarte back, its disapiers after the new patch.

Check the advanced options and look for 3D resolution, just under screen resolution, that is the new fillrate.

@ goob: As for the clouds they are already there.

It might be a "empty" editor based item. Edited by NodUnit