Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

-fix planes with ruder geting out of control if you fly faster then 400.

-fix turn radius of c-130 ai and plyer cant use it on the ground.

-pls give the filarte back, its disapiers after the new patch.

I would echo Paladin's sentiments here. The F35 and Harrier both suffer from that strange "wobble" at high speed we used to see in ArmA 1 before it was patched. A10 seems to be ok but not sure about the other jets yet.

Would be nice to see these "minor" items resolved in 1.03. The turning circle of the C130 while in taxi is unfortunate as it makes this great addition very difficult use.

Edited by *TCF*Jackal

bad performance in cities are terrible, it's very important improve it for MP

Edited by spoock

- Ability to load static mortars, machineguns and missile launchers to vehicles or even better, make them man-portable as separate sections. Many mods for ArmA feature this so it would be nice to see implemented in-game.

- Wounding AT launcher backblast. Also seen in many mods. While the AI probably does not take it into account it should not matter that much. This feature would bring a lot of realism into the game.

hello.

could you please have a look at cleaning up some of the server.rpt files. There is some error that is filling up the server logs with frequency reports. similar to this...

2009/06/22,  0:08:36 Error: sample ca\dubbing\global\radio\male05\en\clear.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100
2009/06/22,  0:08:38 Error: sample ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\en\formation.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100
2009/06/22,  0:08:38 Error: sample ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\en\formationfile.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

after a few hours the rpt file grows very large, after a few days, it almost hit the 1GB filesize.

thankyou.

Add the following:

M16A4 with M203 AND aimpoint

M1014 with aimpoint

M40A3 without camo

Some AK107 variants with supressors

aimpoints/kobras to bizons and mp5s

g36c with just the eotech without a supressor

and more camopainted weapon variants

These additions shouldnt prove too much wirk as most of the stuff is already in game.

A biig plus for the already implemented rpg ammunition variants =) these will provide to be useful.

I'd like to see added support for the TN Games 3rd space gaming vest.

Awsome simulator. Thank you.

Wake Island map, since all the other battlefield 2 models are in the game already (carrier, f-35,m4,m4a1,vodnik,lav,blackhawk...etc)

Please disconnect the first mouse button from activating the command menu and action menu, there is a preforme action button setting please let them use that one in stead. I cant count the times anymore when a soldier came around the corner when i was browsing the action menu pressed fire and switched to binoculairs instead of fireing the gun.

1. Fix enemy identification speeches: I don't think the real military guys are just saying "far" or "left". Don't they provide at least a value for the approximate distance? And could you bring back the clock orientation from OFP? Why didn't you keep it? It was perfect.

2. Revert save system to the old one. The multiple saves are messing up as you can't rename them. And I didn't find a delete-function yet. IF you want to keep it, then implement a full working save system, with renaming, deleting and so on. But I think the whole OFP/ArmA series was better with one save slot. It's much more challenging if you have to make the decision to save or not. Please don't turn the game in such a crappy casual thing.

3. Performance issues: Post-processing effects drop the performance really hard. Especially with multiple vegetation objects on the screen. Is any space left for improvements?

have the campaign made playable!

Yes... Make it playable, fix bugs and improve AI before even thinking about adding new features to the gameplay.

UAV

+ Camera in UAV needs lock on vehicles/ground as its impossible to zoom and stay on target to identify. Or make a stabilizer with button to release the stabilizer for fast movement when you need to change view. Maybe lock to ground/vehicle is easier to do. My test run made me furious tbh. Camera is moving and moving and moving some more. Functionality is low as it is now. We were looking forward to have UAV and Arty operators (human), but so far the UAV is too hard to use for that. More work needed here.

+ More zoom needed to be able to identifyed without getting shot down. The UH-1Y Venom camera have more zoom than the UAV i think. Venom has good zoom - UAV too little.

+ Russian UAV Pchela camera not useable. Please make it steerable by player like MQ-9. Both sides should have useable UAV's. ;)

Regards

Alex

FIX TANK COMMANDER

one of my BIGGEST gripes, you can't just hold space bar and left click to order your gunner to fire like in ArmA 1, its very annoying, so far its like only the driver can give FIRE order's when not deep in the commands.

SOUNDS: OCCLUSION

+ I noticed some sounds are not occluded such as helicopters heard behind objects such as bushes and houses. It is lowered in volume only so it sounds like its far away but is in fact 2 meters away from you. ArmA1 occluding is better IMO. You can test this. Add a copter very close to a big bush and turn the engine on. Eject so engine doesnt shut off. Go behind the bush and notice how the sound gets lower and sounds like its far away. Maybe it shouldnt be heavily occluded when you are behind a bush close to it - but then the volume shouldnt drop that much either. I can see there is a limitation here in the soundengine so best should be to add some occlusion as well as lower sound. Not hard occlusion but some. That would make it sound best as it would sound like its behind something and not just far away.

This happens on small arms fire as well from what ive heard. The effect gameplay wise is that you think the shooter is far away instead of being just around the corner. Makes your SA lowered and youll die in situations you normally shouldnt as you would know the enemy is around the corner. I hope there is an occlusion 0/1 value in the config or it might be a daunting task. But i think its necessary and very important cause sounds making you confused is not good in this kind of FPS IMHO.

Hope this is fixable. Its one of these things that would raise ARMA2's gameplay quality. Sounds are good even though need some variations in explosions and some new rocket engine sounds etc. but the non excistent occlusion here and there i think needs to be fixed. And i didnt want to start a new thread so this is not for 1.03 especially. Just a fix that should be done down the line.

Alex

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

FIX TANK COMMANDER

one of my BIGGEST gripes, you can't just hold space bar and left click to order your gunner to fire like in ArmA 1, its very annoying, so far its like only the driver can give FIRE order's when not deep in the commands.

Yep somewhere after a patch in ArmA1 the DRIVER became the commander. I dont know why and it has never been fixed. I have said it over and over.

Fix the microscopic small ironsights for all AK variants. How is one supposed to aim with these small sights? They also need to be made darker and add the semicircle to the front sight.

Edited by Curry

AI, AI and AI check and improve code.

1. When giving directions often the AI team mates get lost or sometimes go in the wrong direction, sometimes stopping in the line of fire.

2. AI team members don't move to an assigned spot when sat in a vehical.

3. Somehow switch off the team leader giving instructions when your playing another character. Sometimes I found myself moving characters around to tactical positions only to find the team leader giving instructions to move back to the vehical. I often find myself battling with the AI which is frustrating and hard work.

4. Obstacles are a problem with the AI characters.

5. Shoot the Bohemia team member who only allowed one save game on a campaign mission. Surely one on the most stupidest decisions made.

6. Almost forgot change some of the wooden English voices.

7. Related to the above, a way to exit the cut scenes, some of which are quite awful and too verbal.

Otherwise, amazing maps and an interesting game, if a little sluggish in places.

Alex, one of my biggest complaints about ArmA1's sound was that a leaf made a helicopter nearly occluded in volume and pitch. Bushes simply don't do jack to sounds. It takes a forest of trees to even have a subtle occlusion effect.

Since everyone knows that I am a retarded, egoistic as*hole I do not hesitate to wish for me personally: fix the "Receiving..." bug if it is possible on ArmA-appl.-side. :p

In ArmA you could aim the artillery pieces like shooting a tank gun, your vision has parts of the artillery gun in the way in ArmA 2.

Anti-Cheat yes the hackers are back, crashing servers spawning people in water blah blah.

if you do get anti cheat make sure it is NOT punkbuster, all punkbuster does is puts a lot more strain on the clients and server, and prevents 1 of 100 hackers from hacking a server.

as mentioned, fix the AI

and also try to see if vehicles can be fixed (tanks can be destroyed by smalll arms fire :()

Razor Two states that there are 4 evidence pieces to collect, one of these is Bardak, it's not obvious that this is the case.

I would also suggest rewriting some of the task info and clues to suggest that Lopotev isn't likely to be found, cause he cannot be captured and that is supposed to be the outcome.

Edited by MrPing1000

Two more to add.

Reduce the A.I being able to spot you in Bushy Area's/Grass etc.

Continue to improve the over-all performance so people with lower end systems can feel a Performance boost.

2. Revert save system to the old one. The multiple saves are messing up as you can't rename them. And I didn't find a delete-function yet. IF you want to keep it, then implement a full working save system, with renaming, deleting and so on. But I think the whole OFP/ArmA series was better with one save slot. It's much more challenging if you have to make the decision to save or not. Please don't turn the game in such a crappy casual thing.

I have disagree strongly here. Having one save is fine if you have a) a game that is 100% bug free, b) Multiple users that can use that game (not just using winlogins)

Definately saves should be named, and perhaps with harder difficulty you can take away save slots.

I have had my saves corrupted in 1.01 countless of times.. Its great when your 2hrs into a mission just to lose everything.. So yeah multisaves prevents that. I had to Alt Tab and back up my saves before saving..

Now if you want to be hardcore and only use 1 save, no one is making you do otherwise?! I don't see why all people need to be forced by your paradigm of saving.. this way its not exclusive and everyone is free to play the way they choose. I personally save all the time due to the frequent crashes and problems. So every 10 min I save.. Since game almost crashes every time I play.

1. Trackir 6 DOF... especially in the cockpits/side gunners.. make it easier to hover around trees.

2. Stop UAV's diving at tanks...

3. Fix VSI's in choppers.. some do not work.

4. is it possible to reduce warping in MP games??

5. Make AI not able to see you through grass/ or hiding is shadows under trees..

..thx bis

Edited by gonk

1. Performance

2. AI

3. Visual glitches

Should not be hard to dedicate all energy into them.

I have disagree strongly here. Having one save is fine if you have a) a game that is 100% bug free, b) Multiple users that can use that game (not just using winlogins)

Definately saves should be named, and perhaps with harder difficulty you can take away save slots.

I have had my saves corrupted in 1.01 countless of times.. Its great when your 2hrs into a mission just to lose everything.. So yeah multisaves prevents that. I had to Alt Tab and back up my saves before saving..

Now if you want to be hardcore and only use 1 save, no one is making you do otherwise?! I don't see why all people need to be forced by your paradigm of saving.. this way its not exclusive and everyone is free to play the way they choose. I personally save all the time due to the frequent crashes and problems. So every 10 min I save.. Since game almost crashes every time I play.

I didn't say they should revert it forever. What we currently have is again a BETA, right now of a save system. They'll never learn to release something final if things are going on like this.

PS: Doesn't every profile in ArmA2 use their own saves?