Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

I couldn't find a thread for this so thought I would start 1.

1) Glad yuo put in multi save games, but how about letting them be named by us? Its a little hard to keep track if you are running 2 or so versions of the same mission etc.

2) Zooming in when using the map to call in Starforce etc. Usual keybind to zoom in on the map does not allow zoom making precise Helo landing sometimes a little harder (or am i missing something).. well you can adjust the LZ later but on initial movement

3+ - Obviously work on the CTD, script bugs, Driving AI and performance

Edited by FraG_AU

4+ For the German Version a option to run with full English instead of running with English to German Language mods, as Most servers don't have the proper keys.

1) TrackIR 6DoF

2) Muzzle flash graphics

3) FSAA as ingame option

4) Increase duration of smoke and particle effects (perhaps as an option)

5) Option to turn off in game icons when entering aircraft, tanks etc. that reveal enemy position

6) Reduce the AI ability to spot you through clutter, grass etc.

7) Allow vsync to be turned off in Vista

Edited by DennisK4

1, distant textures, jag edges and flickering windows, doors and roof tops

2, Chat box placement needs to go higher, with better predictive text

3, Instant Loss of sound when turning you back to a direct sound

4, Make compass a whole lot bigger in game an map view

5, Veteran Mode should have everything off except 3rd person

Edited by SnR

Swap between Aware and Danger modes on spacebar menu, similar to hold/open fire.

Everything about ArmA2 is perfect and better than I could ever hope for, except when it comes to performance.

Really hope BIS does something about this in patch 1.03 and that it is possible just through polishing and not by compromising the game.

The minimum and recommended system specs are not accurate at the moment. I believe it's a problem that many players got new computers to make ArmA1 run well, but at the same time they actually had ArmA2 in mind. Judging by the way ArmA2 is running right now (v. 1.02) many members of the community have to upgrade their hardware again. This is annoying many people and I therefore see this as a very important issue if BIS want's to keep their faithful community.

- Work on the model bugs

---- helmets/glasses not displaying properly when youre in a vehicle,

---- heads dissapear in MH-60! O_o

---- MH60 back seats missing a texture,

---- glass bugs with Mi-8 and Huey 2nd LOD - heads are visible "in front! of the glass

---- M40A3 doesn't have a shadow

---- Mk48 mod 0 - half of the aimpoint doesn't move up when reloading animation is played

---- sights on some handguns are off

-- I noticed a dozen more of these, but didn't wrote them all down..

- Disable other keys when typing in the chat box,

---- move chat box higher (can't see XXXX Channel text right now).

- Switch teammate button doesn't work when I die.

- texture flickering

- get rid of "horizon on fire" - see screenshot

- improve performance (if possible)

- unlock English language for all releases!

Edited by Cole

have the campaign made playable!

Yes!

I know that this is pretty much a too general suggestion like "Make the whole game better", but nevertheless this is my opinion too!

1. Make language-change possible for german users.

2. Fix the Campaign (Delaying the bear)

3. Fix the Campaign for Coop play (after loading a savegame) (not 100% sure if that is fixed yet)

4. Improve netcode a little bit (jaggy movement if in vehicle with other players) :D

Guess that's it

-fix lav, if you in cargo players sit in plyer inside or behinde the wall to crew cabine.

-fix planes with ruder geting out of control if you fly faster then 400.

-fix turn radius of c-130 ai and plyer cant use it on the ground.

-mybe take the autoberrel control for t-72 its somthing that this tank dont have and it

woud make a difrenc beween west tank´s and east give instead some rockets.

-pls give the filarte back, its disapiers after the new patch.

-mybe a animation for gunners in the side doors of helis.

-give us missions like in ofp times and goodis (Apache/Bradly/Hmv maybe some arma 1 units)I miss this nothing say´s We like you like a present and I like presents ;-)

this are my wishes for the next patch.

In settings, the option to hear the voice, i hate the default campaign voice.

And character select in campaign?

1. Allow language change for Hungarian users back to English (the Hungarian version is simply unplayable because of the lack of proper translation - it's a shame really)

2. Fix the Switch to team mate button after death.

3. It would be nice to be able to customize my character's 1st and 2nd line equipment (like helmets, plate carriers, boots etc.) for single and multiplay - I know it's a bit too much, maybe for Arma3 :)

I noticed that the Mi24s unguided rockets don't shoot from the rocket pods but from the ATGM position instead so I would say that it's an option for 1.03 (even though it's purely cosmetic).

I need some as low plant option. yes, yes, I can turn off grass, but I hate large grass as is in this game (ArmA 1.14 have lovely low plant), is so crabbed with FSAA too and I won't turn off grass too. I like some compromise for MP, for everything.

This game want to be more, but player as me (OFP/ArmA veteran) like transparent view focus tactic - monitor is converter to our room. blur, bloom, large plant ... it so cool things, but for simulator as ArmA1/2 not so good :((

More focus to AI they still do so many silly things they need have more better WP thought objects and not clipping to them. AI in airplanes shouldnt do half of stupid things like run into vehicles blocking them in runways hitting trees/tall mast and better manuevering whit situation. Can you let players walk on moving vehicles shouldnt be that jizzy hard. Where is real mirrors in cars and ponds?

- increase performance by rechecking C++ code, especially including object streaming and dust/smoke simulation

- full Anti Aliasing support

- increase network code to prevent lag/jumping characters/vehicles etc

- anti cheat system

- improved server browser showing complete list "what mods are signed" "whos playing" "how long does the game run" "what mods are signed"

- not been able to disable grass completely (gameplay multiplayer issue/cheat), maybe lower grass texture a bit.

please add sound affects for rain, also if its possible add thunder and lightning affects as well as rough seas like in Arma 1, Thank you!

Optimize code by checking the most important and critical parts that affect peformance.

Use the best available algorithms for pathfinding (easy to google), graphics coding, streaming and others.

From my limited playtime with patch 1.02: - Many great improvements btw :).

1. General team AI improvements make them more efficient (they seem a little dumb and don't stay in a formation) - Also ..I realise my skill in covering them might be a factor but they seem to just walk to there deaths a lot of the time. These issues for some reason aren't as much of a factor with the 'Razor team'.

2. Hard to explain but.. create the illusion that the team mates you give orders too aren't just working by numbers I feel I have to stand and wait for them to finish a script before they listen.

3. Make a 'quit' button as you may not want to save everytime you quit a mission.

4. Add an 'optional' clock interface for identifying enemies.

5. Many others I heard they are working on .. like grass cover?

* please add a menu option to holster Pistols

* FAB bomb model on Mi-24V persist in it's pylon after drop

* please make Attitude Direction Indicator show pitch in Mi-8/17 and Mi-24s

* cars should go a bit faster offroad...at least as fast as the Mountainbikes 40km/H

* and please fix the switch unit feature

1. Make language-change possible for german users.

not just for the german release, make it for all!