Sign in to follow this  
Smee

couple of questions

how you get a gulli suit in MP/change uniform?

Radio comms how you show your position?

Had a tank in my view wanted to mark it on the map is there a way other than guessing how close on the map? Then to add a marker for other players.

many thanks

1. Choose a sniper class. You cannot 'change' uniform. Each player/class has a set 'uniform'.

2. You carry a GPS, on your map unless the mission/server disabled it.

3. No, unless you have a laser marker or UAV.

So if you can't get the class at roster then your up the creek:(

if you have the laser marker does that come up on the map then? or do you have to do something to make it come up.

I know about the GPS but how you get it to broadcast over the comms?

Hi Smee

A Laser designator is a bit of your Kit like a gun or pair of binoculars. To use it you need to have it in your inventory. It appears in the same slot as your binoculars; and works more or less the same, but you fire it like a gun with the left mouse click. It also needs a battery like a gun needs magazines and I presume it can run out of power like a magazine runs out of bullets.

If there is a laser designator in the mission, it will be in one of several places:

Most likely is that one or more players have it in their equipment at game start, the USMC scout has one for-instance. They also get put in Ammo crates but don't forget the batteries. Just the same as any other weapon you can find it on dead bodies or it can be hidden anywhere on the map, in an ammo cache or a house, below a rock etc. It is all down to that crazy ass mission maker and their sick imagination. :)

There would have to be one in the mission; but that is down to the person who creates the mission. By the way the sicker the imagination of the mission maker the better in my opinion.

You can practice with the laser designator in the editor.

Of course for it to work as anything more than a glorified pair of binoculars you have to have an AI or Player with a laser guided weapon in mission. CAS with LGB or Helicopters with laser guided missiles or perhaps Artillery with copperheads.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hey Smee,

I think i bumped into you on the RIP server, there server is setup to not show a lot of things like people on the map and such and I cant use the comms to call my position like i can on other servers.

Hey Smee,

I think i bumped into you on the RIP server, there server is setup to not show a lot of things like people on the map and such and I cant use the comms to call my position like i can on other servers.

thanks eejiT that maybe the reason. Like the Rip server good bunch of lads

@walker

Thanks for the information I had taken Laser Marker with battery just that finding it hard to range the distances on map to place marker for other players. The Note on the map.

Don't suppose theres any measuring tools hidden in the map :)

well there is one "messuring tool" you got, and that is the scale of the map. if you zoom anough in on the map, you can get it so one grid = 200m ( i think you even can zoom in to 100 meters a grid )

That way, if you know were you are ( more or less ), and know a landmark near the tank ( like a road it just passed ) you can easily figure out about how far away it is, and can set an marker on the map.

What is important in arma2, is to know how to read a map though ;)

good luck, and do not forget to have fun!

Another question

I understand that in MP you take a role(slot) but can you change that role or squad that your in. At the present I can see no way of being in a group working together other than luck. So everything has to be said in Side chat.

I used to play a lot of bf2(PR) and the ability to create squads meant at least you got kick members or move to other squads to find members that would work together.

Maybe it's cause its new but seems a bit missing.

I've only read about PR and seen it praised. Apparently it does wonders for public gaming. Unfortunately there is not enough interrest for such a system in Arma, as it's not 'realistic enough'. I'll gladly sacrifice this 'realism' if it could help produce more teamplay oriented players that became more careful, and eventually better enjoyed the realistic aspect of this game compared to others.

based on unit and bf2 set , SL's can kick members that arnt working with the squad so at you know when you get a squad together. Also if you aint in a squad you tend to get kicked off server,. I'm a Teamplayer and know that a lot of PR players got interesting in playing ARM2 so could be good once more UK players start playing.

Edited by Smee