Sign in to follow this  
Fansadox

Case ejecting

The stock animation of case ejection looks amazing on alot of weapons on the other hand where its so awsome on some it so epic fails on others wich makes my heart cry. Most of the Soviet weapons are very well animated while alot of others mainly the US weapons are complete crap. They look like they were ported over. Shame that the weapons didnt get the attention they deserved.

The best animation are the,

BISON, AKM, AK47, AK74, AK107, M16A4 and the Shotgun

The bad ( read NO-) animation top 5 are,

1. Mp5 (no animation)

2. SVD (my love why dont you show me your dedication :( )

3. Barret (no animation)

4. M4 (partly animated but still not as good as the m16a4)

5. M24 (no animation)

I made 2 videos in wich you can see wht i mean,

Soviet : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUQW0_m1r58

US : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZP3bUFXcp0&feature=channel_page

I dont wanna be negative cause i really love the work and dedication you guys put into this game and im loving it but this was just something i cant let go by unnoticed.

Edited by Fansadox

This is something better fixed by BIS IMHO. With weapon addons, it really gets confusing when there are multiple packs out and you are trying to play online or user-created missions.

This is something better fixed by BIS IMHO. With weapon addons, it really gets confusing when there are multiple packs out and you are trying to play online or user-created missions.

Agree

I dont know. I dont look at my weapon when im in a fight. far more important things to fix than a small part on weapons.

I dont look at my weapon when im in a fight. far more important things to fix than a small part on weapons.

That would be a good excuse for all the other things.

Another niggling thing I noticed is that the casings eject before the bolt opens, which is kind of weird.

I dont know. I dont look at my weapon when im in a fight. far more important things to fix than a small part on weapons.

That is your vision and way of playing. In my game experience i pay attention to these sort of details.

Although I do see OPs points, I have to agree with Alex72; these are not worth spending time on at this point, much more significant bugs that needs to be resolved, like making the campaign playable and resolve stability issues.

For me the most annoying thing are those empty casings appearing next to weapon and falling stright down. Empty casings should travel horizontaly as well, some of them quite far.

I agree with you Fansadox

-No one of triggers work.

-The M4 camo still use the old Arma receiver without bolt modelled.

-M4GL use the M16A4 receiver with bolt modelled,but is not animated obviously.

-Shotgun ejects 9mm cartridges :rolleyes:

-M107,SPR,M24 without any animations (I've done that in my weapons pack)

-Bolt hoods animation totally pointless,they don't move in that way.

-Most of the bolts (the working ones) are just half way animated.

-Many wrongly placed weapons,just like in Arma.

Good luck with Arma 2 BIS,you will need!

Edited by AimPoint

Heh, BIS seems to treat weapons the same way Microsoft Flight Simulator treats airplanes. Only the newest additions get the modern treatment. In FS9, the Learjet 45 model was ported straight from FS98!

The MP5 is ArmA's "Learjet 45."

Another niggling thing I noticed is that the casings eject before the bolt opens, which is kind of weird.

I've noticed this as well. can be seen in

video (1:53). Reference can be found here. Please ignore seemingly faulty extractor in the last video, causing the weapon to almost "stovepipe". Casings should also rotate and fly out at varying angles, not in the same curve perpendicular to the weapon as seen in first vid. Edited by MrSandman

That is your vision and way of playing. In my game experience i pay attention to these sort of details.

Exactly. Spend more power on making the game work properly after or close to the real world - data wise not visual stuff not really needed for the game to work. Looking at a part moving when your in battle - i dont get it.

I enjoy detail ofcourse - dont take me for some idiot here. Its just that this is so trivial when we have Q4ghz GTX280 pc's that cant even run the game properly. AI cant drive. AI see through walls.

Ever wondered why real milsims look like shit? Cause its not important. What is important is that it works close to real life. Like ballistics and reload times and movement times etc etc and it takes power to simulate all that. Not how the bullet flies out cause its not a colliding object anyway.

When things are fixed im all for some extra eyecandy. But it is definatelly not important at this stage and if you think that... All power to you.

Alex