Sign in to follow this  
gruber

Server Question About Admining/Reserveing Slots

Is there any way to reserve slots on the server for clan/squad members so when they join the server if its full they can still get in either by kicking some one or by the reserve slots.

no

(message too short)

so if the server is full there is no way of a clan/squad member getting on there own server??? or is there a admin program out that can be run from desktop?

There certainly is. I've joined servers before and been kicked due to slot reservation. I'll search it out and edit here.

There certainly is. I've joined servers before and been kicked due to slot reservation. I'll search it out and edit here.

Cheers my friend that would be much needed.

Ive never heard of it, maybe the admin on that server just kicked you for no reason ?? it would have to be the reverse of a ban list where ID numbers allow peeps on.

No. I don't think so, then again: http://www.hlsw.org/?page=gamesupport Armed Assault is listed but I've never used it. To my knowledge what the thread starter is asking is not possible due to ArmA/ArmA2's non existent remote console features.

Edited by [KH]Jman

I use HLSW for a lot of my other games, the only support that I have found for ArmA in it is to view the server, players etc. You can't as far as I am aware use it to kick people.

@gruber: Only workaround I can think of atm is to hack into the mission you're hosting: If (local player && slot == reserved && name player not in ["all your players","another one"]) then {hint "You're using a reserved slot, please change. You will die in 5 seconds"; sleep 5; player setDamage 1}; if you know what I mean :)