Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Satisfaction Survey

How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

This error still occurs very random, no matter latest DirectX or 1.02 patch. I had it right from the DVD vanilla.

Imagine, I manage to launch the game, play it, then exit. Then I want to reenter and it gives me the ERROR, no matter what. Then after many reboots and casting curses it launches again. Sick and tired of it.

Thanks,

Sabre.

the campaign is completely broken in Co-op. Scripting errors, Chopper problems, and task issues happen constantly, much worse than in single player. Hopefully that will be rectified next patch

Myself and a mate only bought this game for the co-op campaign.

The co-op campaign does not work.

I don't care if it's a fantastic engine with a great editor and loads of user created content will appear... we bought it for the co-op campaign and that is a dud at the moment.

If a 1.03 patch were to arrive soon and fix this then you might rescue the situation but, as of now, we both feel ripped off and will not be investing in any future ARMA games!

Perhaps this is the wrong feed for this and I probably shouldn't even being bringing it up w/ BIS but when will steam get these patches? I was told i shouldn't download it from 3rd party clients if i bought ARMA2 on steam

...correct me if i'm wrong but the Steam version of ArmA2 is currently up-to-date upon download. I'd recommend highly against installing any of the current patches over it.

Hi pearson.william

It is my undertanding that Steam automaticly patches customers. I would suggest you re ask you question in the Steam thread.

Also when you start up ArmA II and reach the main menu, what version number do you see under your ArmA II User name in the bottom right corner?

Kind Regards walker

Stability has increased slightly, but arma2 still shuts down unexpected sometimes.

For the next patch, these points are on my wishlist

• Gamestability.

• object rendering speedup, flying fast from landside over the cities south of chernarus cause heavy frame losses (graphics settings all at normal with 1600x1050/100% Fillrate)

• collision check for spawning, sometimes in MP you spawn right inside a house you normally cannot enter.

• LOS checks for AI, right now it seems they're "ignoring" any vegetation like leafs or grass where I am "handycapped" through LOS.

• better collision check for bullets. Sometimes bullets go through massive walls

• AI Aiming skills. Crewmen with a small AK (SMG like) provide headshots at distances 200+

For a future patch (game), i would like to see

• ingame modable player weapons (custom addable scopes, camo, SD, like in COD4) :rolleyes:

Hi pearson.william

It is my undertanding that Steam automaticly patches customers. I would suggest you re ask you question in the Steam thread.

Also when you start up ArmA II and reach the main menu, what version number do you see under your ArmA II User name in the bottom right corner?

Kind Regards walker

i used the download manager and downloaded from the arama2 site. Would this be considered the steam version ?

I mostly noticed improvements in permofrmance and network lag in multi-player mode. I agree with other people here that AI needs more work. Current issues that I have with AI:

Campaign - My squad always has problems boarding any type of transport. Atleast one responds "negative" when I issue the order and sometimes they want to board on taken seats. They get run over by the Heli a lot too.... LoL

When I call in a Heli pick up, half the time the Heli pilot confirms pick up, but never shows up. He also never lands at the marked area that I've picked up which is clear of buildings and trees. He picks up a different spot always and in some cases this place happens to be surrounded by buildings or trees and crashes.

I've had to restart razor two many many times because of this.

Multiplayer - Same as most people here, AI detects me a mile away with the sniper camouflage behind heavy foliage after I fire my first shot. All AI's start shooting at my exact location with very high accuracy even with heavy weaponry like machine guns or tanks, they one-shot me over 600-700 meters away.

• LOS checks for AI, right now it seems they're "ignoring" any vegetation like leafs or grass where I am "handycapped" through LOS.

I think I understand the "problem" ground troop AI has with grass now.

Bushes and trees are objects with either ID's and or clear raw map references which the AI seems to look for when finding cover whilst advancing, not going to nearby bushes and trees whilst defending tho' as that would be lame.

Trees works most of the times, but it seems the branches doesn't count as effective cover.

Try lying under a spruce for example.

The trunk itself makes good cover but the lower part branches don’t seem to have any negative effect on the AI's LOS.

Neither are they treated by the AI as obstacles.

And if a tank or so has downed a tree the now "tree with zero hit points" doesn't count as an obstacle for the AI, nor could it be used as cover.

Now about grass.

To be affecting AI's LOS, what would be required?

The same ID's or raw map references as trees and bushes?

Probably yes.

But!

That would mean the AI would treat them as obstacles and try to go round areas with grass, about 99,9%* of the available map, which wouldn't be possible as the AI then only could move on roads...

Maybe incorrect, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

*Figure taken right off the blue.

There are still some performance issues as well as some campaign bugs. More patches will definately be needed to get this one up and running the way it should.

I enjoy it, but the campaign is tough to play. The AI seems decent to me, but there are still some issues with people getting run over. It's ok, but I am REALLY hoping for more.

The campaign is still unplayable for me due to game-stopping bugs. My crew at Badlands are standing still and won't obey my orders, even after I shoot them in the face.

Perhaps they should just ignore the campaign and focus on making multiplayer and the editor the best they can possibly be. After all, that is where ArmA II shines. It probably will take a ton of work to clean up the campaign.

hello every1 my 1st post, bin reading the threads for a while now but only just registered. 1 easy question for you all.... if i download the latest patch do i still need to download the previous patches or are they included in the new 1. thnx in advance.... ps i no its a stupid question sorry.

Previous patches are not needed.

The campaign is still unplayable for me due to game-stopping bugs. My crew at Badlands are standing still and won't obey my orders, even after I shoot them in the face.

Perhaps they should just ignore the campaign and focus on making multiplayer and the editor the best they can possibly be. After all, that is where ArmA II shines. It probably will take a ton of work to clean up the campaign.

I disagree with that. They should fix the campaign too.

@Banikovec... I'm about 99.999999% sure.

Be nice for BIS to confirm what they are addressing in the next patch. We have a healthy list of issues on dev-heaven now, plenty to choose from.

As I already said, I'm a professional software engineer who used to run a dev team (I ain't boasting btw, if I wanted to boast I'd say I had a Ferrari or something :) ) and before work began on fixing any showstoppers or adding feature requests I had to produce a prioritised list of issues to my project manager for approval, and a release date; so, IMHO it's not unfair to ask BIS what and when is coming out for the next patch.

I'm quite happy to wait a few months for a patch - what else can I do? - if BIS will fix *some* major defects on dev-heaven (especially those voted as highest priority - so get voting, chaps, if you haven't done so already) - there's nothing worse for a programmer than being rushed by arsehole project managers or senior devs looking to make their bonus (this is not a dig at BIS' , I have no idea who their PM or TL is, or even if they have one)

On the down side, I read that a lot of major bugs found in Arma2 were present in the first Arma.... meaning they were ignored first time round and probably will be this time.

Edited by Zombie_Mod

I'm mostly satisfied but:

I think it would be nice if more modules work in MP environments.

It would also be nice if the AI had the same visual limitations as humans (i.e. seeing through objects, vegetation, etc.)

Its been already stated that many major issues in ARMA 2 were present in ARMA 1, so either the devs can't fix the major holes in their ancient engine, or don't listen. Its probably the former. I think they would have been better off designing a new engine with the experience they gained from the Flashpoint one, rather than just putting new clothes and makeup on it. I know money and time are issues here, but I would have waited another year or so for ARMA 2, rather than ARMA 1.5... A physics engine from 2001 in a 2009 game with as many vehicles as this is wrong in my book.

I think they would have been better off designing a new engine... but I would have waited another year or so for ARMA 2, rather than ARMA 1.5...

Try another 3 or 4 years... probably even more.

The real virtuality engine is extremely unique. Even now there probably aren't any other engines that exist that can match its capabilities, at least not with the same performance. That would mean that BIS would have to start from the ground up. It's very rare for any devs to create new game engines from the ground up. The engine we have now was in development since the late 90s. That is a lot of time just to get it to where it is now, if they started over imagine how long it would take.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Try another 3 or 4 years... probably even more.

The real virtuality engine is extremely unique. Even now there probably aren't any other engines that exist that can match its capabilities, at least not with the same performance. That would mean that BIS would have to start from the ground up. It's very rare for any devs to create new game engines from the ground up. The engine we have now was in development since the late 90s. That is a lot of time just to get it to where it is now, if they started over imagine how long it would take.

True, but I don't mind waiting if the end result is spectacular. Its been 8 years or so since Flashpoint, and what we have now is a slightly improved version of that engine - I just don't think theres much more they can squeeze out of it. I hope I am proven wrong though.

What I would have really liked to see is BIS taking the engine used for Operation Flashpoint as a learning tool, and building a new one without the dated problems. The original ARMA's release date would have been pushed to around now, but like I say I think that would be worth it.

Civilians usually get stuck between house doors :)

http://www.shrani.si/f/P/A5/2d5ywgwN/arma2-2009-07-31-01-05-3.jpg

... or mafia run out of concrete to bury them? :)

http://www.shrani.si/?2o/M7/3Zb6NE9n/arma2-2009-07-31-01-13-3.jpg

What the hell did the quality assurance team do? :o

We are struggling to consistently reproduce this problem ...

Please you post your findings here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1618

Thx.