Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Satisfaction Survey

How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Leopardi no need to use such obnoxious posting methods, nobody here is blind.

And what you need to realise is that "mouse lag sufferers" are only a very small percentage of those people who have ArmA2, I hope you can all find ways to resolve the issue but acting like there's 100s of thousands of you out there being blatantly ignored is nonsensical.

But how are we sure that it's only a very small percentage? In the thread related to this issue in the troubleshooting section there are quite a few people complaining about this. I uploaded a video to youtube showing this exact situation (although with Arma1) and it has received several comments of people having the same problem.

Leopardi no need to use such obnoxious posting methods, nobody here is blind.

And what you need to realise is that "mouse lag sufferers" are only a very small percentage of those people who have ArmA2, I hope you can all find ways to resolve the issue but acting like there's 100s of thousands of you out there being blatantly ignored is nonsensical.

I don't think we are few, every single thread about ARMA 2 on major gaming sites, comments on youtube, gametrailers etc have tons of complains about the weird latency to mouse movements and it being the reason for people not buying the game because it's simply not fun to play with input lag.

It's a major issue which ruins gameplay, OFP was great because there wasn't any lag for mouse.

Edited by Leopardi

I think a lot of ppl having the problem, but they either think this is normal (caused by low performance) or they don't feel it (it doesn't disturb them). on many configs the game isn't fluid even at high fps rate like 50 - 100. the lag may be minimal (it may be even 0.1 ms), but always presents and I can feel it. definitely something is wrong with mouse imput or ArmA's engine and it should be finally fixed.

Edited by funkee

@Placebo: Mouselag could be a big issue. Most of us know it has been posted, so we don't mention it. I have great mouse lag with the demo and expect it to happen when (if ever? starting to wonder now...) I get the full game. Not bitching about a known bug or problem doesn't mean it's not there.

lets wait till it's fixed. maybe it mobilize Bohemia to fix that sh*%#$^#%. there is still a few military games (like America's Army 3 f.e.), that we can play waiting for this. and OFPDR is coming soon (sorry Maruk). :)

btw.:

...I can safely say that I will not be playing this game. It forces some kind of HOLYFUCKINGSHIT***!!!HORRIBLE!!!***HOLYFUCKINGSHIT motherfucking mouse smoothing on the player. For the love of God, it is identical to playing on a console controller!!! No matter how fast you move your mouse, you cant turn any faster than a certain speed that is determined by your in-game mouse sensitivity. I tried running my mouse back and forth across my entire mousepad quickly and then moving it slowly, all while watching the game screen move the same fucking speed. If you have watched any videos of it being played and the player seems half-retarded, its really because he is fighting the mouse. You cant turn it off, it is built in. I honestly never thought Id see mouse control this bad in a pc game...

...At least for a hardcore gamer, there is no pleasure in playing an FPS and trying to improve your skill if the mouse doesn't correspond to where you're trying to shoot. If you're a casual gamer, see no difference either way, I don't see why you'd even argue about it...

...The hope is that the developer receives the feedback and does whatever they want with it, hopefully changes some stuff.

looks like we are not alone guys ;)

Edited by funkee

We definitely aren't alone:

if arma 2 worked for me maybe. but my mouse has a terrible tenancy to float making the game unplayable.

Move mouse left wait .5 seconds then the screen moves and starts a gradual stop. That is unbearable for an FPS. AA3 works great for me so AA3 wins for now.

As mentioned, the mouse lag in Arma 1 & 2 make it unplayable for those of us who are just interested in the infantry aspect of the game.

what bugged me more than the textbooks worth of controls or the Marines trying to be bad ventriliquists was the mouse lag I experienced. It would take about a half second after I started moving the mouse for it to react and about another half second afterwards for it to stop. This problem made the game completely unplayable for me even though I was hoping it would have been at least up to par with a free-to-download game rushed into release.

Some examples from AA forums ARMA 2 thread.. I don't think it's anything too hard to make it at least as an option to disable the smoothing so why on earth doesn't BIS listen to what players want?

Edited by Leopardi

i'm not happy... :mad:

1. in mannhatan mission i can't give orders to boomerang - i am not sure if this is a bug but i can't request for artilery barrage !!! :confused:

2.in one mission

dont know the name but i was in NAPA camp an there was a man called Little John he told me to board a V3S but my team doesn't react, they are ignoring my orders... i've tried everything but they are still standing like body without soul :(

and i have a 3rd problem but it seems that i am only man on the world who has it :j: - since Chernogorsk i can't talk to anyone !!! i've re-instaled it twice and tried it with and without patch 1.02 - still nothing :(

i hope that 1.03 will be better

and sorry for my english

I noticed that in the patch 1.02 it is not more possible to switch to an other "Playable"soldier once You are killed for the first time.

I don't know if this is a bug or is a modification.

(Before in patch 1.01 this was possible)

I really hope that by the next patch this problem will be solved since I use editor missions for training and I found the possibility to use more "playable" soldiers very usefull.

Well the biggest problems with 1.02 is that you guys don't even say that there are TWO versions of 1.02. 1.02.58064 <- the buggy 1.02 patch where AI is broken in SP campaign and this is the version you ship to all download stores like Direct2Drive and GamersGate and the 2nd better 1.02 version is 1.02.58134 which I was able to install only after getting a CloneCD version of the game off the web after having purchased the game at GG and not being able to patch it or play it because of the bugs.

I wish BI would be a little more organized in this regard and a little more up front with their customers.

You can certainly patch the Direct2Drive version to the latest 1.02 patch. I did just that and it worked. (It given an error message at the end but the patch is installed.)

Sucks so far and thats the entire game. Totally LAGGED out while trying to site in, takes forever to target... So far worst game I have now. Wish they would fix the performance issues or mouse movements or something

I have to say that the island is two hands down beautiful - it has the same feeling I had with Flashpoint. I'm having very good performance. Unfortunately, the game randomly freezes/crashes/restarts the computer all the time. At first I thought it's a GFX card overheating issue, but the card temperature is in the normal range (75-79 C.)

SP missions are passable, although the warfare ones are simply annoying. I cannot stand warfare, but that's personal preference.

The SP campaign is basically unplayable - I haven't been able to play through a single missing without at least one crash/freeze. Also, the campaign is a terrible resource hog - the SP missions give much smoother gameplay than the campaign ones.

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (no OC)

- XP SP3

- 3GB RAM

- NVidia GeForce 9800 GT (no OC)

- mostly normal settings, except AA/PP which are off

I don't understand why the performance is this terrible on a game that looks only OK. But to be fair, my system is only OK-- probably I will try an Nvidia 9800 before I complain more, it's been 2 years since I upgraded.

TBH for me i havent noticed much apart from random crashing in the editor

Sucks so far and thats the entire game. Totally LAGGED out while trying to site in, takes forever to target... So far worst game I have now. Wish they would fix the performance issues or mouse movements or something

Specs? settings? Addons? Can't help if you don't provide info. Most common performance problems are from overestimating the computer. 'Should', 'could' and 'ought to' combined with 2+ year old hardware specs are hallmarks of this issue. There are issues with some (not all surprisingly) setups for mouse input lag. Look in Troubleshooting for those issues.

BTW for people with CTD issues: Quirky addons like the english mod can cause crashes, I crash from this when giving any order. Disable all mods/addons to confirm it's with Arma II and not the addon.

Edited by Scrub
Incorrect info

05: Superpowers

The code is still bugged from ArmA Warfare apart from new Construction options all of the bugs are still there.

The construction option does not show for Human Commanders.

When AI is off anyone joining after the mission has started can not be recognised by the server; you get no money, you don't show on map etc.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXOcAul7IOc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXOcAul7IOc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

UPDATE 10 July 2009

This is totally screwed I tested Superpowers on Lan by myself and the Construction Bug is not there, my dedicated box meets the 2Ghz Processor and 512Mb RAM requirements so what is going on?

As posted elsewhere (but seen this is a DEVs thread ill fill you in) can we have a Official Dedicated Server setup config etc. because this sounds like a dedicated server provider issue with the missions working fine on LAN.

Edited by HOPEnSPIRIT
Lan Testing

one thing i don't like about 1.02.58134 is that now if you change the FillRate.. it changes the Resolution.. which for my 9600m GT(i have no Desktop =( ) is bad.. it's really lowering my FPS especially when above Water due to the "Super Reflection" and if i set the resolution below 1280X800 (100%).. things get blurry and its not nice playing :/

so i hope they can separate the FillRate and resolution in the next patches like how they were in 1.00 and 1.01 , cuz i mean seriously.. everything is set on Low, fill rate on 100% (1280X800) and its laggy.

+ the AI still acts stupid in a Convoy.. the leader seems to move great and follow the rules of the road well, but the followers,, always making a 360Spin if they get too close to the leader or getting offroad =( i hope they'll fix it someday.. i would like to see a nice Close Convoy moving slow for once.

still.. i see things are getting better step-by-step.. and i hope ArmA2 will be like 1.14 ArmA soon =)

Great patch. But there is still obviously a lot of little bugs to be squashed yet. I would imagine that things will be fixed with time.

The patch is good, it fixed some issues but I think there is more work to be done.

My biggest gripe is with the AI. To me it seems that they still have the ability to see through vegitation, superior accuracy, abilities to see through walls on occasion, etc.

Turning the terrainGrid down seems to balance things quite a bit, but it's a shame to lose that atmosphere.

I'm hoping that BIS has the technology to correct this.

WHERE DID THE HOOKERS GO ? lol

can't find them in the editor !!!!!! is it bcuz of my best easter egg in arma2 vid which got removed by youtube ? LOL

I'm pretty satisfied but it's a shame the campaign is completely broken in Co-op. Scripting errors, Chopper problems, and task issues happen constantly, much worse than in single player. Hopefully that will be rectified next patch

I just got the game when the 1.02 patch came out, but since the campaign is unplayable and my drivers seem like they are drunk I had to vote for "not satisfied". To clairfy the drunk drivers issue, while AI is driving along a road they will sometimes suddenly vear off the road, then make several turns to try and get back on. I figure they are either drunk or possibly suicidal as they sometimes will vear off the road right into a tree :P

When the patch is installed i am back to the DirectX 9 Engine error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked to see the game runs, then in stalled the patch and the game didnt.