Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Satisfaction Survey

How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

1. So far so Good. I hoped for a Fix for the 8GB Problem.

2. Postprocessing Effects are re-enabling itself after Game-Restart.

Performance is still an issue, although not game breaking but please....PLEASE fix the campaign so we don't have to play it in the editor for it to work.

That said, if patched properly, this game is GOTY for sure.

-Glasses are still white, no textures. :(

+Better performance.

Just my two cents:

You've delivered an awesome game with 1.02.

Nevertheless, please concentrate on AI for further patches: The AI of Arma2 is surely not bad but it feels still a little to robotic. AI is just the heart of such a game.

Make it more unpredictable, include more randomness: For instance in urban combat let the guys go into houses for cover if they're under pressure and so on...

First: Thanks for a poll like this, VERY user friendly!

I voted:

"- Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more"

-----

What I hoped for:

- 100% working 5.1 surround sound(esp. own weapon, free-look left or right and shoot. Firing sound comes from all speakers, dry(empty mag) sound comes from the correct speaker(s)).

- Working AA with shadows(from v1.00 on).

- Working thrust in aircrafts(from v1.00 on).

- less LOD switching and/or the option to configure the values for "switch to lower LOD when xmeters away" like it was possible in OFP via .cfg editing.

Many other things are not so important for me at this moment, ArmA2 is generally a step in the right direction!

Thanks again.

MfG Lee

I only played four missions before the patch was released and this thread makes for slightly depressing reading. How do campaign breaking bugs slip through an early German release and two(?) patches?

In a future patch, could you possibly change the pacing of inserted dynamic voices? As of now, the voices are too fast. They need to be a bit slower. To see the problem I'm talking about, this is a good example. Just listen to them speaking, and you'll hear it.

I really want to play the campaign and started fresh with 1.02, but still the Ai does not respond on missions like "delaying the bear" and "Badlands".

Please make fixing the campaign a priority as it is now it is impossible when your men just stand there :)

Lee H. Oswald post says it all. But the point of this post is to clearly insist on the 4 major points mentioned there.

Regards,

TB

Well when it comes to the lod switching hes right for sure, nothing more annoying and atmosphere killing if some of the trees turn to paper cut like looking trees or objects pop from total blurry to sharp each time you look at them for a second.

I rather have the game run bit slower but have less loading but thats a wish i have since ArmA1... however there in the end it got better but never perfect.

Apart from that the patch only brough good things for me so far.

One thing i noticed is that the Cleaning the Village mission with the marines still doesnt end... in maybe 12 attempts with different patch states i never could end it... maybe make it so that possible last enemy remains that hide somwhere surrender if a certain rate of their comrades are dead.

Oh and a thing as old as ArmA1, i know not really important but annoying:

Custom faces that are done as face.jpg in the user folder are extremely bright and too contrasted ever since i changed from a Nvidia to a ATi card in ArmA1 times... in ArmA2 that still is present saddly.

As said nothing of importance but its bugging me that i can use my nicely made camo faces in MP ever since :/

Edited by Shadow NX

I'd really like to see this bug fixed - it's a real pain for mission makers if we want units to start in water of any kind (shallow or deep).

I would like to suggest a solution for a problem already mentioned here: the distant grass problem (if the enemy is hidden behind grass, but too distant for it to be rendered, we'll just see him prone in open and clear ground).

The solution would be to make the game engine render the grass in a X radius around any infantry unit, no matter the distance.

What do you think?

(Sorry if I'm a little bit off topic)

Edit: nevermind. People would shoot that aparently moving patch of grass :D

Edited by Overwhelming

The 3D map editor has made some progress its cool. (Press alt-e in the main menu of the game)

I like the patch so far, but would have loved a sound and damage improvement for the A-10's GUA-8.

Patch 1.02 is really good but still most of us which got AMD's Phenom II processor need patch after which game began use full power of 4 cores.

Now when I've got now my original copy I don't play campaign but MP only (I'm waiting for my friends, when they received theirs copies we will start campaign in a MP coop mode), performances are quite good but not good as I expected.

Those are screen shots taken from my first MP round.

http://www.mant3z.boo.pl/arma2/mp/

Domination, almost full server, ping ~45

List of my hardware you will find in X-Fire profile.

Settings:

Resolution 1920 x 1200 | Render 1920 x 1200 (fill rate 100%)

Textures and Video Memmory: MEDIUM

Rest settings: Very HIGH

Most the time I see 30~40 sometimes up to 55fps. In towns 25~30 but sometimes I've got drop to 20fps, interesting thing is that I don't fill any discomfort of play when I see 20FPS, animations, mouse movements are smooth like with 30fps. Maybe FRAPS is cheating me... I'm not sure.

Maybe with another patch you guys (BIS crew) give use benchmark tool with fps counter.

What is still missing in the game is that I don't know who is speaking over VOIP, there should be nick name blinking or something like that.

Beside this what I wrote above this game is awesome! And I love it!

This time I'm not disappointed like it was with ArmA1.

Give us patch with performance boost and benchmark tool... and you can take well-deserved holidays :)

I voted 'good', but really I haven't put in enough hours to see all the bugs others have reported.

Remaining issue: AI leader reporting targets hundreds of meters away through buildings / hills (i.e. no line of sight). Presumably enemies can do this also.

I appreciate the fact that you have created this poll Suma - thank you! You guys are doing, and have done, a great job with ArmA2!

I agree. I must admit, the AI although doing very well for what they have to deal with, are probably the games weakest point. There is just so many issues regarding AI atm.

My leader is calling out targets so far away that you would need to go through a forest city and mountain range to see them, its ridiculous!

But countering that, huge kudos for pulling of such a great and ambitious game. The editor is A* and so is multiplayer, if a little bugged at times. But the campign is just unplayable for me right now, it just seems nowhere near as amazing as ofp 1 was.

Thanks,

Rich.

Is it possible to modify the poll to add another q? There may be other people like myself who got the game very recently, after patch 1.02 was released, so we would need a 'cannot comment' entry. Otherwise we can't see results if we don't vote.

(I probably missed a 'skip vote' shortcut somewhere)

Is it possible to modify the poll to add another q? There may be other people like myself who got the game very recently, after patch 1.02 was released, so we would need a 'cannot comment' entry. Otherwise we can't see results if we don't vote.

You're confusing me. Your user title and image indicate that you are a BI developer. Why would you only get the game after patch 1.02? :confused:

You're confusing me. Your user title and image indicate that you are a BI developer. Why would you only get the game after patch 1.02? :confused:

Someone forgot to update his profile after he left?

@Earl: Opposite the vote button there is a "View Poll Results" link.

The patch is good, but they need to add sound affects for the weather like they had in arma 1, there needs to be sound that goes along with the rain. Thunder and lightning would be an awesome addition too, thanks

Yeah lets not use this as a main source as I did mention previous. Poll's can lead to fanboi's^^ leading people to believe things are ok when they aint lol :D

And @Earl, im sure you had plenty of time to get a copy be it free from the bis dev sitting next to you :D

If your going to want this sort of feedback you make a poll: and then you lock straight away.... simplessss. His intentions were nice and good hoping the posts dont go the way of the dogs, but its inevitable in the internet that this will eventually ring true anyway. Delete all posts and lock it for just a vote on a overall view for the devs at a glance to see the state of mind of the player base here on the forum.

Edited by moosenoodles

What are the obvious improvements in 1.02? I see not really much.

AI should have been improved? Can't see that and i really tested it throughout!

They still crash into cars parked on the right side of the road like when you placed them with the civillian vehicles module.

They crash into each other and blocking themselves, they run over other personell. The Reaction when AI is in Vehicle and getting heavy under fire is "none" as soon as their Leader was killed and no-one giving orders to disembark as it seems.

Every AI Units should have a basic survival FSM, which kicks in when they are on a open truck or so and having 100 of rounds impacting at them, killing half of the squad and cracking over them. Also still they detect you through vegetation, landscape, buildings and so on.

Also i can't hear them talk as a non squad member, but as soon as im in their squad there is a lot of chatter suddenly. And countless more bugs.

Bloom and motion blur can be disabled by setting post processing to disabled... well what is if i want to have post processing, but want to reduce only the over-bloom glowing a bit?

I would have rather expected single switches for those things.

And come'on, the (in future to enable?) FSAA Button is so alone down there in that row, i think it will feel better with two more switches next to it.

And Suma, please tell me when will i be able to play Arma2 without lame "-winxp" switch with my 8GB Ram and my HD4890 Toxic which i only bought for Arma2?!

How many patches will that take?

I didn't even dare to start the campaign again after still horrible bugs posted in various Forums still with 1.02.

So for my most important points i can see no improvements with this patch!

I think you will need alone 10 of such what you called "bigger patches" to alone fully fix the biggest issues in the game it seems.

Trolling posts and responses deleted, infraction issued.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Not all of us are 1. located inside BIS HQ or 2. working on ArmA2 and thus having access :)

There is a button "View poll results", which you should be able to press instead of voting.

General smoothness in a mission has been increased. As already mentioned a more enhanced graphics options menu with more specific sliders/switches would be much appreciated for mixing different effects.

What i still hope you guys will include some day is a new switch in the options.

If that switch is ON then a server setting or a mission cannot override my gfx settings. No matter what the mission is i can play with my personal settings.

Of course this brings up the problem of playing with nograss on a PVP server. So we also need a server setting that forbits ppl to play on a server that have that 'no override' switch enabled.

I'd rather play on no server at all then to be forced to play with 15fps.