Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Stability Survey

How has the patch 1.02 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

554 members have voted

1. 1. How has the patch 1.02 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• - Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • - No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • - Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • - New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • - Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

I found the patch overall great, increased performance and gave us the ability to turn off bloom etc.

One thing that I would like to be fixed however is the campaign. AI not responding to commands in missions like "delaying the bear" and out of memory bug in "Manhatten" is not so prevalent but still occurs. I'm at Badlands and my men also do not respond there either.

Overall though very happy chappy :) but I want to play the campaign and in the state it is in at this time that is not possible. Please concentrate on getting the campaign sorted please.

Edited by Obroa

Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

the russian AI do not seem to follow orders as well as they did, but every other faction seems to follow the orders like mount, dismount, go there, hault, etc. but other than that i dont have a problem.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Dell XPS 420

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3.0 GHz

3.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (182.50 drivers)

1.02 introduced texture loading problems and stuttering as described in posts above. The game sometimes freezes for 10 seconds when starting a mission and the models are simple blocks that eventually turn into trees and other objects.

Factory complex, large hotel, monuments and city hall in Chernogorsk have the texture problem as well as some Razor team member faces.

The stuttering happens mainly in city areas and it doesn't feel like the kind of lag that occurs when your settings are too high, more like loading delays.

Overall I hope the performance gets better as even some missions in the campaign are barely playable (lots of LAG), even though I'm slightly above recommended specs.

very odd my pc is < than yours but it runs beter than yours i dont have any of these problems and i play on all high/normal settings. AMD 64 athlon x2 3800+ dual core 2.00 GHZ 2gigs MSI ATI radeon 4850.

The campaign still has many bugs(but I've noticed that many seam to go away when played in the editor). Delaying the Bear is the most glaring since it happens right at the start of the mission and is unavoidable. Your troops can't move. How did this pass beta? I have had 1 or 2 CTD but other than than, the game is quite stable. I think the priority should be performance and bugs #1, then whatever lingerring AI issues later.

i havnt tested with 1.00 och 1.01 so cant say if it´s related to the patch in any way..

and frankly, i dont think it is. but to be on the safe side i write here anyway..

i have now played arma 2 for almost 4 hours straigt, and in the last hour my computer has rebooted mid game..

it´s not likely that it´s game related though, could just be overheating though i have never had any problemt like that before, in fact, before the work temperature of the system has never been over 60 C but i havnt checked it today to see if it´s higher with arma 2..

but just so you know, i have had 2 reboots today playing Arma 2 wich i have never experienced on this machine for the 2 years i have had it.. and thats with any game.

anyone else had something like this?

my specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (one step under reccomended requirements)

2Gb RAM (DDR2 i belive)

Radeon 8450 512Mb (reccomended requirement)

(as you can see my comp is basically in line with the reccomended requirements)

and i consider my system to be incredibly stabel as i have never had any bigger problems with any game, not even where others have issues my computer just keeps going.

Second good poll, great!

I voted:

"- Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me"

-----

Because:

This patch (esp. AA instead of fillrate) made the chernaurus island playale on "high" settings for me, fps wise.

This patch and the new NVidia vga drivers v186.18 boosted performance for me.

Specs:

- NForce5 MB

- AMD X2 6000+(2x3GHz)

- 4GB DDR2 800

- GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (game res: 1920x1080)

- SB Audigy 4

- 2x 150GB "velociraptor" hdd in Raid0(Stripe)

- Windows XP Professional

-----

MfG Lee

Because my gfx card has 1GB of memory, I had video memory set to "Default" in game. This worked fine until 1.02, where the problem started. Changing the video memory setting to "Very High" fixed the problem for me

Got the same issue. Before it ran great and now with 1.02 it stutters every 3 steps and setting it to very high didn't fix it.

Also before the patch my framerate was constant, lets say 60fps in Chernogorks, so when I stood there for 10 seconds the frames jumped from 59 to 60.

Now my frames jump from 39 to 60, it's crazy.

I mean I stand there and do nothing and the frames are jumping like hell.

For me ArmA2 runs a tiny bit better after the patch, overall the changes seem subtile but so far i didnt had too much time to test it in lenght.

Nice idea with these threads Maruk but liek many i wonder if a ( official ) bugtracker might have bigger benefits for BIS than lots of threads.

ati 4870 & ati 4850 both 512mb's- still get graphics glitches, with or without crossfire. (esp without, and if video memory is turned up)

Same issues here... (4850). Getting some horrible texture loading lag, and no settings seem to cure it properly :(

Yes with 512MB all you can do is set all to mid settings and even then in more demanding missions like Counterstrike loading of textures is there all the time.

I have the texture-lag, too even with GTX280. It helped me to set the texturequality options in the driver from Quality to Performance.

At first I had some serious issues with stuttering while I moved in v1.02. Even if I set the settings lower the stuttering still occurred, but no stuttering if I was standing in place and looking around.

Someone mentioned in the forums that I should try to defrag my HD. I did this and the game went back to running fine at max settings. So far so good. There are a few texture issues(3870 512mb video card) but nothing different then what has been mentioned already.

Overall stability is great.

awesome game bis, thank you ever so much.

runs fine with:

C2Q 2.66GHz

4GB DDR2 800

9800 GX2

Asus Xonar sound card

with settings a mix of high and ultra-high at 1920x1200

Streaming more noticeable here.

FPS is huuge improvement! I don't know how or why!!!

HDR turns itself on even when it says "disabled" I have to put to high, then back to disabled everytime I start the game

LODs are a bit messed up now. It is my low-settings but zooming in with a sniper rifle I only see the "far" LODs, like cheese-wheels and stick figure men.... Before it would stutter and load the close-up LODs, now it doesn't seem to take the zoom into account as much?...

Streaming more noticeable here.

Try this :

At first I had some serious issues with stuttering while I moved in v1.02. Someone mentioned in the forums that I should try to defrag my HD. I did this and the game went back to running fine at max settings. So far so good.

My stutters went away after deleting the startparameter "-winxp".

THis parameter gave me fps before, with 1.02 it causes texture lagging/stuttering.

Now runs fine

My comp just reset 20 mins into the game... fans didnt work overtime so I dun think it was a heating issue.... Need to do more tests though... havent had a real chance to play yet.... GRR!!!

My comp just reset 20 mins into the game... fans didnt work overtime so I dun think it was a heating issue.... Need to do more tests though... havent had a real chance to play yet.... GRR!!!

same issue as i have...

yesterday i could play for about 1hr but today the computer resets after about 15-20min

wolfbite, could you post your system specs?

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

same issue as i have...

yesterday i could play for about 1hr but today the computer resets after about 15-20min

wolfbite, could you post your system specs?

quoting myself if thats ok (cant find anything in the rules)

now i have tested just about everything i can think of..

its not heat related (system temperature at 51 centigrades work temperature after running arma 2 for 22 minutes where it crashes.

it ONLY occurs when playing ArmA 2 (patched to 1.02, not tested with 1.01)

last time it crashed in the editor mode, not doing anything but moving the map.

anyone got an idea?

running all settings on normal, video memory on very high (but changing to normal or low dont matter).

resolution 1680x1050

3D resolution 1680x1050 (100%)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

Radeon EAH 4850 512Mb

2Gb RAM

windows Professional.

Probably the main issue remaining for me (amongst things that I just dont like, which im not going to mention) is the way the vegetation pops up infront of me all the time, and how many trees and bushes appear to be blocky and poorly defined. As i move the whole landscape seems to vegitate with new rapid growth.

Now it might be that my PC aint up to the job, so it might not be something a patch can fix, but I do not have the same issue in arma 1, neither did I when i formerly had a less powerful PC for that game.

There are so many options and config tweaks, to get things rite that im feeling overwhelmed.

The autodetection is crap, nonlocalVRAM and/or localVRAM are wrong, change manualy in cfg file (read only) doesn't help.

Game is stable for me. Over 60h (1.01b, 1.01f, 1.02) of play and no CTD or any problems.

Unfortunately with new patch and new ATI drivers performances goes down.

:butbut:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1325190&postcount=316

Come on guys! Please, do something with this game, it doesn't use Phenom II performances proper.

Edit:

I forgot to add, that compatibility with X-Fi Extrema Gamer is almost perfect now.

Sounds are very pleasant now when a lot of things happens around you.

Edited by mant3z

I use to get occasional CTDs without error message some time into the game. Since 1.02 the CTD has become a system freeze, and has gone from 1-2hours of gameplay before it hits to a few minutes now (gradually to this point).

Q9650

4870 (same with newest drivers and ones before)

WinXP

Biggest issue for me is the Vista 64bit 8gb RAM problem.

I forced my machine to have 4gb max and i have no issue's whatsoever. Put it back on 8gb and im missing textures, the game is slow, etc.

there is a seperate thread regarding it.

Game seems to play ok for a while but after 10-15 mins I get the 'Recieveing' message and then cannot play further.. Checking the arma2.rpt file I see:

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS , Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.11.8585

resolution: 852x682x32

Distribution: 1465

Exe version: 1.02.58064

Vertex Buffer too small (28923<16384)

Vertex Buffer too small (28923<16384)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\air2\mv22\data\mv22_01_co.paa:0)

*** Device reset recovery requested

Armr2.cfg

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=31915;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1024;

Resolution_H=768;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1024;

Render_H=768;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=525328384;

nonlocalVRAM=59768831;

** Looks like Arma correctly picking up my VRAM 512MB - so why am I getting these problems?

Regards

Lima-14

Lima-14

Your nonlocalVram. 59768831

That means 59 mb. :confused:

Try changing that to like 1gb for starters and try again.

Lima-14

Your nonlocalVram. 59768831

That means 59 mb. :confused:

Try changing that to like 1gb for starters and try again.

I like your name Potatomasher

So 9 numbers is how it should be, I got 2 gig ram so what do you recomend i set it to?