Sign in to follow this  
Funcoot

Will there be a full fledged map editor?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here and this is my first post. After playing ArmA2 a bit, and messing with the mission editor. I then came to the forums to check out some of the mods, then I saw this section.

I saw the missions editor section and thought, "oh, that's the section for the mission editor." Then I saw the map editing section, is there going to be a real map editor for custom maps? Or is this just a mission editing section for visitors? (Hence the VISITOR after the name).

Thanks in advanced guys.

actually, Visitor is the name of the tool you're asking for. I'm not sure though if the current publicly released one is compatible with arma 2 though.

Ah okay. So that is a yes though? Thanks for the response bud!

I saw the missions editor section and thought, "oh, that's the section for the mission editor."

Hello and welcome to the ArmA Com. If any questions still persisting related to the Editor so take a look right in the Editing Guide listed in my Sig. It´s actually written by Mr-Murray for ArmA1 but most of the content can still be used for ArmA2. A book for ArmA2 is currently in work but will still take a while until it can be translated again.

This section is for the tool "visitor" as mentioned above. With visitor you can create islands in arma (1 and 2) like utes or chernarus. But the visitor "update" for arma2 has not been released yet.