Sign in to follow this  
giantsfan24

Bitter Chill-help!!

OK

ONCE AGAIN THIS GAME IS SHITE, NOT ONE OF THE NAPA SOLDIERS GOES SE TO WERE THE RED GOLF IS. I HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING.

SAID WERE IS FATHER?

DRIVEN TO GORKA AND SPOKE TO A FELLA THERE SAYIN GO TO NOVA.

WENT THERE TO FIND IT SWORMING WITH REDS

KILLED ALL THE REDS, HIJAKED ONE OF THE APC AND DESTROYED THE TANK

WENT UP TO THE FARM WERE THE 2 SCOUTS ARE(nothing happend and I got pissed off so I shot them GAME OVER)

started again and went to the red car that no one tells you were it is and in real life you wouldnt go there?

WHAT THE HELL

BI GET THIS SHIT SORTED coz its no good, make the story line better by having the NAPA fighters say follow us not take ur chances good luck!

Being a soldier you wouldnt just wait around as your instinct tells you to get home BUT THERE IS NO WAY OF DOING IT. the only way of gettin past this level is to sit and wait!!! what a load of poo, must of been designed and written by a civi!

The whole mission worked perfectly for me.

Got evidence, blow up house, had the cut scene at the fob, followed the commander to the red car, got everyone in without a problem, got driven to gorka, run to the napa point on the map.

I didn't get one single bug the whole time and understood the whole time what was going on.

but y did you follow him?

he doesnt say follow him? and when I followed him he ran straight to the 2 scouts SW of the FOB between GORKA and NOVA????????

when I went to the car and got everyone in nothing happened???

unless I came on here there is nothing anywhere to say follow the NAPA, or go to were the car is! moreover there is nothing saying go to the house on the hill were the 2 scouts are till the time runs out. thats how I know they are there. but I refuse to just hang around till 1700 when everything is tellin me to get back/seek help from people that are not ever anywhere near the loc they are sposed to be!!!!!

Alrite, everything works fine i return to manhatten i see the cutscene and i talk to napa guys at base, im givin the option of a flight or go with the napa guys.

If i call for the flight nothing happens i turn the game speed to 4X and waited 5 mins and nothing came.

I saved the game before taking a option, so i reloaded and chose to follow napa we go down hill but on the road were the red car is, there is 2 enemy apcs and must be abt 10 troops, none of us have any anti tank weapons. They arent bmp's, they light apcs but i couldnt do nothing.

Anyone else have this problem?

O btw when i tryed to get to the 9K mark myself on route i could see the transport chopper "AH-11 is it ?" it was on the ground but when i tryed to get close the autokill feature kicks in, which tbh is a piss take i dont remember reading in any reviews tht you have so much land to yourself but you die straight away if you try to go were you want.

Still im enjoying it havent had any bugs until this.

but y did you follow him?

he doesnt say follow him? and when I followed him he ran straight to the 2 scouts SW of the FOB between GORKA and NOVA????????

when I went to the car and got everyone in nothing happened???

unless I came on here there is nothing anywhere to say follow the NAPA, or go to were the car is! moreover there is nothing saying go to the house on the hill were the 2 scouts are till the time runs out. thats how I know they are there. but I refuse to just hang around till 1700 when everything is tellin me to get back/seek help from people that are not ever anywhere near the loc they are sposed to be!!!!!

I followed him because my other options were to drive all the way to the american base or risk getting a chopper which didn't sound smart as the whole area is covered in SAMs.

I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of, "come with us or take the risk on your own".

Perhaps it plays out differently if you don't help the priest, the doctors, etc.

I'm gonna give this mission another go and see where i can get to.

mmmm

thats the thing, why would you help the preist? he has guns stashed and its your job to report any guns, as a sgt your not payed to think, just do your job.

I keep playin it over n over and (might be cos I didnt help) it doesnt say come with us, jus good luck and gives me the impression that Im on my own. so the logical thing to do is go to GORKA to see the preist, who is not there, so you go on to NOVA to try find the other 2, WHO are not there, so as a squady you have no more options but to try get back by your self, but by doing that you AUTO DIE(NAFF TRICK BI like has been said program in a vehicle failure so you need to get out and walk. make sure there are no vehicles outside any towns and fill the towns with reds so you cant even steel a car) and the time is rite with the distance so you physically cant get there. then you need to get to the NAPA place which you place further south????? what about that?

In bitter-Chill I was moving towards the CDF spot. In about half way it cut to a cutscene where I was already there and mission accomplished...wth....

OH and in the very next mission my Razor team has frozen and won't move ^^...gotta love this game.

this mission is fucking retarded must of been done by a useless spack

i waited till 5, and chose to go to the cdf lines to call the boat from there.. about 400m from the cdf check point i get auto killed by a rocket launcher....

any1 know how i can skip this mission?

Whew, finally done with this mission after quite a few hours of trial and error.

This will probably be a long post, and ofcourse filled with spoilers. But this thread is beyond spoilers.

So yeah,

SPOILER WARNING

First of all I reported the weapons at Fyodor, as any soldier should.

First time around I get in the HMMWV and notice the fuel level, can't find anywhere to refuel, so I drive to a place I recalled from earlier and refueled. I thought I saw the "run away!" deal coming so I wanted to be prepared.

I get to the safe house and the documents are gone, then the whole deal at Manhattan plays out. I rush back and kill the guys waiting at the entrance.

I head up and get the cut scene with Simmons, talk to the NAPA guys and they tell me about Fyodor, Martin and Michal. Then they say farewell, and I jump into the hummer.

What follows is at least an hour of trying to get the Elektrowhatchamacallit. I get to what feels like the home stretch, maybe 3 km to go and then nothing but magic missiles from nowhere.

I try again and talk to the NAPA guys and try to get to Fyodor, and I'm met by a tank.

I try to get to Martin and Michal, I'm met by a tank.

So I read the forums that I'm supposed to go with the NAPA guys to a hatchback and ride that. I restart the mission, go straigt for the documents and blow up the house, go back to Manhattan and do the whole song and dance. Afterwards I follow the NAPA guys for 20 minutes and get to Altar and their hideout, nothing happens, no car to be found.

So at altar I try and call in the chopper, which I've been trying to avoid of course.

The chopper turns up and I board it, as soon as we take off we're hit by a SAM and you can tell that this is supposed to happen but we didn't have enough altitude so we all died before the scene could fade out.

So I realize that the chopper is the key. I order in the pickup right after I talk to the NAPA guys in FOB Manhattan. This time we get to talk and we start our ride back to the rally point. I notice that the chopper isn't heading for the base, it's heading for Altar and even has a drop off point set at the intended crash site....

Turns out there aren't alot of SAMs around, it's just the one at Altar. Queue magic missile and we're shot down.

Fine I get to the next checkpoint at least, random rocker tells me I have to get away before the russians get there.

Before I can do anything there's a BMP on top of us that shoots us to smaller parts of our selves, casually strewn about.

I try it again and teh same thing happens, sometimes even before the random rocker has said anything.

I revert again to FOB and scour the corpses and find a M137 and equip that, do the whole thing over and crash, talk to rocker and try to take out the BMP as fast as I can. After two tries I succeed.

I decide to go to NAPA and make my way to Martin and Michals whom I've been told about so many times, in spite of the fact that I have a huge NAPA waypoint staring at me up at Altar. I get to them at least and they just tell me to go up into the hills exactly where my waypoint was trying to tell me to go.

I revert again and make my way to Altar and I'm finally done with the mission.

So for those who did the right thing and reported the weapons at cache, grab an M137 from one of the corpses, call in maddox to seal his fate and then go where the waypoint tells you to go.

Think the whole debacle took me about 4-5 hours.

I really want to play this game with some friends but how can I in all honesty recommend this game to anyone?

dont worry mate I couldnt get past it neither so I reverted to the mission with the guns in gorka.

WHAT A FUCKED UP PIECE OF SHITE THIS GAME IS!

never buying a BI game again till its in the bargain bucket at PC world!

I did this mission a few times not because it was broken (some were but not all) but because I wondered what different situations could happen.

So for anyone who wants to know:

MAJOR SPOLIERS TO FOLLOW!!!!

I did NOT report the guns and this is how the mission played for me (will put bugs at end)

Got in HMMWV and refuelled at fuel can’s near exit of FOB, drove to hide out by road, got documents and planted explosives and got back in HMMWV (all with fellow squad members).

When doing this first time I get attacked near hut by some very unskilled compared to HMMWV gun infantry, while other times there was none.

Drive back to base, one time there was people at gate (just run them over you have ball bars for a reason) and another time there was none.

Very dramatise cut scene.

On one case there were some left over enemy contact which the NAPA guys took care of (how I learned they were friendly) and another time there were no enemy so they just wondered up.

Had the dialogue with them.

First time I tried chopper and had that cut scene but stop game for the night then decided an alternative route the next morning so no more on that (sorry)

Second time said I would take the NAPA guys help (go against base on the second one as well) followed them to the car got in (several bugs in this area put below) after a while finally got a go where the car cut scenes work.

Out of the boot and now have to choose CDF or NAPA, got shot to bits when moving towards the CDF so after a revert decided to go to NAPA as they are closer (so what that I’m lazy)

After lots of crawling and moving in the most obscure and indirect route (saving a lot along the way) I get to the point and have cut scene which caused a bug first time worked second.

BUGS:

-All team members are injured after the cut scene with the dying guy (I forget his name)

- sometimes some enemy AI is spawned by red hatchback which seems to make getting there hard/impossible, or makes the driver not drive/get out the car, or take ages to leave.

- The driving cut scenes can sometimes not work meaning you are stuck in a non moving car with nothing happening.

-When making it to NAPA place and having cut scene, instead f the end mission buttons with continue I got only the ones as though you failed/dies had to revert to a nearby save to fix this.

I hope this helps people, though be warned the next few missions I also buggy (I’m used to buggy games) though just to put it out there for stuck AI (like after first aid) try telling them to stand up then go crouched (if in crouched before or even prone) wait for them to move then tell them to go back to whatever makes them move nicely I found. :cool:

I've saved the game at the FOB just after the cutscene with Simmons dying....

I DID report the guns in the previous mission......what do I do now??

I've tried following NAPA soldiers, no joy, tried driving to Novo, get killed...

I can't find a M136 (rocket launcher) at the FOB so I haven't tried getting shot down yet.

If you reported the guns and didn't find a M136 (rocket launcher) at the FOB please post your solution :o

-When making it to NAPA place and having cut scene, instead f the end mission buttons with continue I got only the ones as though you failed/dies had to revert to a nearby save to fix this.

Did same thing, didn't report weapons.

When I made it to NAPA positions, Cooper gets sniped during cut scene after he is done speaking on the satellite phone :eek:

Edited by USSRsniper

does any1 know of a way (cheat?) to skip this mission? i have wasted too many hours on it already and i realy dont want to revert to a previous mission in order to do this one..

So i finally finished this last night and here is how......

SPOILERS AHEAD

First this solution is for those that DID REPORT THE WEAPONS in the previous mission (and well done, it was the right thing to do).

Go to the house, pick up the docs, blow up the house and return to the FOB. You can take on the soldiers at the FOB entrance on the way back if you want, I can't see this affecting the outcome.

You now get the cutscene with Simmons. After the cutscene save the game.

Now go talk to the NAPA soldiers who show up at the FOB. They wont help you other than tell you to see the priest or 2 guys in Novy Stobor.

Let them run off and when asked by Shaftoe what you want to do, you get 2 options, choose the helicopter pickup.

The helicopter will arrive and pick you up. It says it will take you to Khe Sahn but infact it flies SW and you get shot down.

Once you and your team awake a rocker called Jan tells you to leave because the russians are coming. Run away from the crash site towards the NAPA waypoint as a BMP turns up, it didn't shoot at me so maybe I was lucky there.

Forget finding the two guys in Novy Stobor go to the waypoint. Don't go in a straight line unless you like getting into firefights with well hidden Russians. Navigate around using the woods and get to the NAPA site.

Once you arrive a cutscene will play and you've finished.

The next mission is totally broken as AI is unresponsive so use a workaround or wait for a patch.

whenever I get to the FOB nothing happens and I'm killed by the death trigger.

I go get the documents, run into the enemy at the checkpoint leading to the FOB. I kill them, then proceed to the FOB. nothing happens, and I'm killed by the death trigger. I replayed the mission, killed the guys at the checkpoint and called in the heli pickup. It takes me to Khe Sahn and says my war is over. It then reloads the mission again.

Edited by MegaSevan

So i finally finished this last night and here is how......

SPOILERS AHEAD

First this solution is for those that DID REPORT THE WEAPONS in the previous mission (and well done, it was the right thing to do).

Go to the house, pick up the docs, blow up the house and return to the FOB. You can take on the soldiers at the FOB entrance on the way back if you want, I can't see this affecting the outcome.

You now get the cutscene with Simmons. After the cutscene save the game.

Now go talk to the NAPA soldiers who show up at the FOB. They wont help you other than tell you to see the priest or 2 guys in Novy Stobor.

Let them run off and when asked by Shaftoe what you want to do, you get 2 options, choose the helicopter pickup.

The helicopter will arrive and pick you up. It says it will take you to Khe Sahn but infact it flies SW and you get shot down.

Once you and your team awake a rocker called Jan tells you to leave because the russians are coming. Run away from the crash site towards the NAPA waypoint as a BMP turns up, it didn't shoot at me so maybe I was lucky there.

Forget finding the two guys in Novy Stobor go to the waypoint. Don't go in a straight line unless you like getting into firefights with well hidden Russians. Navigate around using the woods and get to the NAPA site.

Once you arrive a cutscene will play and you've finished.

The next mission is totally broken as AI is unresponsive so use a workaround or wait for a patch.

It worked for me BUT I had to avoid the hostiles at the bottom of the FOB.

If I tried to kill them before climbing the hill, I was totally sticked in this position. Each time I tried to go further on, I was "auto killed" (death trigger).

So, avoid the hostiles at the bottom of the FOB

hey guys i know this hasnt got anything to do with this discussion but there isnt any for my problem, so i was just wondering how do i open the command prompt in-game ?

I have problem with this mission.

After blowing house and taking documents I'm back to FOB Manhattan. Talking with dying Simmons. After all I choose to stay and call for transport. Then helicopter get crashed and I need to choose NAPA or CDF side. I choose NAPA (does it make any difference? NAPA base is closer. Story is going to be more various?) and finally met some guy in sniper camo. I connected with satellite and talk with officer...and...

...then nothing happens. Mission won't end. All units are in frezze and refuse to do anything. Can I type endmission cheat or there's some action after this?

I have problem with this mission.

After blowing house and taking documents I'm back to FOB Manhattan. Talking with dying Simmons. After all I choose to stay and call for transport. Then helicopter get crashed and I need to choose NAPA or CDF side. I choose NAPA (does it make any difference? NAPA base is closer. Story is going to be more various?) and finally met some guy in sniper camo. I connected with satellite and talk with officer...and...

...then nothing happens. Mission won't end. All units are in frezze and refuse to do anything. Can I type endmission cheat or there's some action after this?

Really strange. I do not encounter this bug (oouffff :D )

SHIFT + MINUS (NUMPAD) then enter endmission

to end mission but may be you should try to walk away to see if a trigger raises. I don't think so.

THE_REVEREND> This is not the right thread and there is no console as you can expect. Anyway, see the spoiler above ;)

Did this mission 3 times, i had let the priest keep his guns before fyi

got the docs, killed the guys, talked to napa, got in the car

1st time round was playing co-op with a friend

i switched to driver seat and it booted the npc guy out :p

drove down to the coast road and drove all the way down to electrogradasdfz

got in the chopper with no scripted driving bits

chopper flew off over land, got shot down

went to napa base, talked to the guy over satphone and mission ends

get the mission completed screen, click continue and... no new mission shows up

do it again offline, this time the car doesnt bug and i get teleported around and eventually kicked out roughly where the chopper crashed first time

then the same thing happens, complete mission but no new missions show up

3rd time was the same as second time except playing co-op with friend again

the endmission command got the next mission to show up tho so its not a problem but thats a new bug i havent seen anyone report in the thread so far :p

Guys, I just finished the mission without a glitch. Once again, there are multiple ways to end it, but here's what I did :

- Got the evidence, blew the house, got the message from sabre and got back to FOB.

- Got the cutscene and was told to get out of the country, so I called the chopper.

- NAPA appeared, but I actually didn't talk to them as the chopper was coming.

- You have some kind of "incident" with the chopper and need to chose between rallying CDF lines or NAPA lines on foot.

- I went for NAPA as it was much closer.

- Crawled in the woods up to the NAPA hideout and that's it.

When I'm done with the campaign, I'll try another way.

Edited by EricM

Got the documents, blew up the house, killed some troops advancing on the house, killed "chedaki" at the checkpoint, watched the cutscene, talked to NAPA, chose to use their help, followed them to the red car, got out right before Novy Sobor and currently in the process of getting to NAPA positions. Had no obvious bugs so far.

I am not saying there are none - there are plenty, but all the triggers I needed for the path that I took worked fine.