Sign in to follow this  
Robalo

600+ camo faces unlocked

Here's a small config addon to make all of those 100+ faces in Arma2 available to choose in your player profile, each with 6 camo variants, giving a total of over 700 faces to choose from.

Although this is a client-side addon, other players see your custom face no matter if they have this or not.

OA version is not needed if running with ACE, it's redundant, but not causing any issues either.

Download link for Arma2 standalone Mirrors: ArmedAssault.info ArmA2Base.de Armaholic (thanks for hosting and the news!)

Download for OA or CO Mirrors: ArmA2Base.de Armaholic

Server key

To use, extract the files to a modfolder and launch the game with it.

Have fun modding your face :cool:

Robalo

Edited by Robalo_AS

If you want people to see those camo faces who dont have this mod installed, you can simply edit your profile folder located in, for example:

C:\Users\YOURusername\Documents\ArmA 2\YOURusername.ArmA2Profile

Open it with notepad or notepad++

search (ctrl+f) for: face

class Identity
{
[color="Red"][b]face="Face07_camo6"[/b];[/color] << Just enter the number of camo/face you want
glasses="none";
speaker="Male04";
squad="";
pitch=0.87999994;
};

Check out armatech´s great side for reference:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/Faces/

-

The result is exactly the same, you can either fiddle with your profile file like posted above or use my addon.

It should not matter if others have it or not. Can anybody confirm this ?

Here's a link with screenshots:

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=250

Thanks for the mirrors. If I wanted to be picky about the addon title it would be 642 camo faces not 749, as explained in the first post, but who cares :)

Edited by Robalo_AS

Thanks a lot, thats one of the lil things that make you wonder why these arent availoeable in the first place in the vanilla game and selecteable by a camo entry in the profile.

Not to mention that selecting a voice doesnt bring much if you dont hear a preview but thats another topic.

Sometimes BIS makes weird decissions :p

Not to mention that selecting a voice doesnt bring much if you dont hear a preview but thats another topic.

OT: That should work since 1.02. Atleast it does for me now :)

Added mirrors to first post, thanks a lot !

Any chance these faces and any other content already in game will be unlocked. Hence no need for addon.

;1324404']Any chance these faces and any other content already in game will be unlocked. Hence no need for addon.

Hey Coyle, not sure I understand your question but my bet this is not like the Armory content, the camo faces won't be unlocked by other means but the addon. They're used by the actors in the SP campaign, prolly other missions too.

But like ShadowNX suggested would've been nice if this was already implemented with a separate camo option near the face, also if the UP/DOWN arrows would be able to cycle through the mugshots... too much click/scroll in a list too long, even more so with the camo variants.

Edited by Robalo_AS

If you look in the the configs of items you can't place with the editor, you'll see that they're locked. If you want to place a locked object in a map then you have to jump through a bunch of scripting hoops.

I'd just like to be able to place all the content that comes with the game.

Sorry Robalo_AS, didn't mean to highjack your topic.

Bump, this has potential

Sorry for the bump,

I've tried to use this addon which basically unlocks hidden content in the game as far as I know,

but some servers reject this addon as unsigned.

if this is built in game, then why is it treated as other addons??

Is there a way to unlock it without being rejected from servers as using unsigned addon?

I've tried to edit my profile with the custom "face=Face01_camo6" line

but it wont work ofcourse if the files aren't there (and with them they are rejected...)

Thanks for the helpers

The server just needs to install the bikey. Otherwise, you can start the game with the addon, set you face, exit, then restart the game to join the server without the addon. You will still have the camo face set in you profile, you can then check it by looking at the .arma2profile file.

The server just needs to install the bikey. Otherwise, you can start the game with the addon, set you face, exit, then restart the game to join the server without the addon. You will still have the camo face set in you profile, you can then check it by looking at the .arma2profile file.

I did try that, when I remove the addon - the face gets back to normal without camo...

Looking at the face profile options in-game without the addon will probably reset it to a non-camoed face. Avoid that, just go test it in MP or with a teamswitch-enabled SP mission.

Looking at the face profile options in-game without the addon will probably reset it to a non-camoed face. Avoid that, just go test it in MP or with a teamswitch-enabled SP mission.

Thanks, it worked.

too bad it's not realy built in the game.

maybe in next patch...:D

I'm using the CO and use this mod in the forest missions, but after patch 1.54 for OA it stopped working. :confused: I know, that I can simply edit profile.cfg, but with mod is more convenient to change camoface.

I'm using the CO and use this mod in the forest missions, but after patch 1.54 for OA it stopped working. :confused: I know, that I can simply edit profile.cfg, but with mod is more convenient to change camoface.

I completely forgot about this. I may officially update it for OA/CO one of these days. Until then, you can look for tasm_camofaces.pbo on Yoma's AddonSync on the AlphaSquad server (one of the defaults). It's in the @TASM folder.

Edited by Robalo_AS