Sign in to follow this  
davedontmind

Command menu problems since 1.02

I've only had Arma2 for a couple of days, but I played on the release version all day yesterday without problems.

Today I installed the 1.02 patch, but I have wierd problems with the command menu - the game seems to select actions on its own!

For example, I get my squad in a vehicle, press Space to bring up the command menu, and the game suddenly issues a "Dismount" command without me actually pressing the mouse button.

Or, I press F3 to select one of my squaddies, the command menu appears, then after a couple of seconds the "Get In" command is automatically selected, again with no input from me.

Aarrggh! It's so frustrating! I spent several minutes with my squaddies just getting in & out of a vehicle when all i wanted to do was drive them somewhere!

Anyone got a clue as to what the problem might be?

I noticed just the same after patch 1.02. :confused:

I ordered my team to mount truck, but when i clicked the get in button my guy says watch in that direction. Tried multiple times.

Also now i got multiple CTD:s after patch. Before that my game didn't crashed once.

I use english language mod, but it's in the mod folder so i don't think that would be the cause.

Update:

In fact it was the language patch. Who ever compiled the language files had put files like core.pbo and other shit that doesn't shouldn't be there. I deleted them from the folders and now it works like before.

I don't know what the guy who created the language rar was thinking. There was core.pbo, bin.pbo and product.bin. No wonder it conflicted with the game.:mad:

Though i'm glad i got the language files i need. ;)

Edited by Potatomasher

same problem here:(

after patch 1.02

testers please try for example official single player mission village sweep

The language patch needs to be updated to 1.02 to avoid SCREWing up your install.

Check the language patch folders Addons & dta.

There shouldn't be any other files than language related files.

ADDONS folder contains:

language.pbo

languagemissions.pbo

DTA folder contains:

language core.pbo

/////////////////////////

edit:

reinstalled game/ patched/installed language patch from here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75201&highlight=english+language+patch

now is the command menu working without problems. uff

thanks to all for your replies

Edited by patrik
probem solved

I think I've solved my original problem with commands being issued that I didn't select.

I removed Kegetys's noblur mod, and I've not had the problem since.