Sign in to follow this  
Niftyeye

Best servers to find mature/teamwork?

Hey guys, got Arma 2 yesterday and LOVE it, apart from the fact the Multiplayer at the moment just doesnt seem to shine like the first one did.

So Im asking, where is the best place to generally find teamwork-based servers? Shall I just go onto a Clan server and join, or just keep looking and get lucky?

Because at the moment, its just a bunch of little whiny kids shooting eachother on every server Iv been on :S

I´m with you!

It seems to me that only a**hats playing ArmA2 online last time i played on a server with ppl this immature was when i tryed the CS:S beta!

I guess i am spoiled, because i play PR! Can´t expect teamplay on public servers when the gameplay don´t enforces any, too bad the PR devs decided to stay with that crappy BF² engine. Imagine what they could do with ArmA2!

Im guessing the best way to get into it is by joining a clan.

But I havnt been in a clan since like secondary school.

Oh well, Ill keep joining a certain server and maybe end up liking it.

Depending on what country you live in....if you want a good server ...some of the Australian servers are run by admins all the time plus have locked servers for members that have joined the Team or Forums.

As you know not all Countries have received their copy of ArmA II so I would give it alittle more time and you will start to see them pop up real soon.

Yeah I guess.

Mind you, did play on both the Kelly's Heroes server and the Atmo server, made a few new mates and plenty of teamwork on both.

Im in love with this game now that Iv experienced some good multi ;)

Public servers without any anti cheat will be covered with turds no matter what game. ARMA2 is also brand new and a lot of people not really knowing what ARMA is have baught it and test it for the first time. They come onto a server and realise what kind of game it is and starts fucking around as they have ADD among other things. They cant plan together with the rest and do orginized attacks. Just get a tank and blow shit up. If that doesnt work - well "lets hack and cheat some cuz my ADD is taking over again (10 minutes since last time)". Too much redbull maybe.

There are really serious teams out there that only recruits ex-army guys, and there is all the way down to loose gaming groups that have a server and that doesnt tolerate any BS. If you cant find one then maybe start one here on BIS FORUMS (SOCIAL GROUPS). Start a soft gaming group and get more and more folks to join. Maybe something really good comes out of it. Or search for a team alt search by posting that you seeking a team to play with on our squad section.

Im sure everything will get better soon when we get anti-cheat better running. Also you can try play seriously in the midst of the assholes wich hopefully will be noticed by the admins that you do apply team spirit, and very soon you might be a bunch that doesnt need to have the server open as much as you have all the guys you need.

Im going to start off with playing missions with my close friends and its going to be shit hot. Open servers with domination (sorry xeno!) and it's likes now without anti-cheat and a horde of new players that hasnt experienced ARMA yet is something i wont expose myself to. And i choose not to as im a serious teamplayer that get very cranky when people start dicking around.

Alex

Thats why we keep our server locked for the moment and trying to encourage people that want to come on our server to join our teamspeak as well

Edited by SRRViper

Ill look into the SRR site, looks interesting.

Also interesting how some people recruit Military or Ex-Military only.

Technically, Im ex-Military, lol

Check out the Silent Warriors Arma 2 server buddy, click below.

I would avoid the big player COOP servers. A typical expereince is you first spawn and everything is ablaze around you. Stick to smaller COOP servers with less people to avoid the chance of one guy ruining it for all.

I usually have a good time on the FoW servers and the Kellys Heros server. Im sure there are many other great ones too. If you find one you like and have a good experience, i would recommend trying to return to that server first before searching for a new one.

They come onto a server and realise what kind of game it is and starts fucking around as they have ADD among other things. They cant plan together with the rest and do orginized attacks. Just get a tank and blow shit up. If that doesnt work - well "lets hack and cheat some cuz my ADD is taking over again (10 minutes since last time)". Too much redbull maybe.

Alex

:rofl: So true

No doubt there are servers that randoms do gel together with out direct comms, by typing up there sitreps and locations. Even in Domination and Evo it is achievable, so to all the new players dont get flustered with tards they dont last anyway.

Hello Fellas!

I'm kinda struggling with MP at the moment...

I'm new to Arma2, but not to online shooters. The game is great on the whole but MP just isn't floating my boat right now. Every server I've been on, some good, most bad just don't have any cohesion or teamplay at all. In fact, every server I've been on nobody has ever used mic comms! I realise I may have just been unlucky with my choices but a game like this is only fun when people work together or at least communicate. I want those organised game sessions that make you feel satisfied, without having to join a clan, as I can't invest enough time into a clan for it to be worthwhile to them. I also get the feeling, correct me if i'm wrong, that the huge amount of veteran Arma players obviously continue to play together on familiar/locked/full servers. Newbies like me who have become excited at trying to invest time into a game that we see as breathing life into a stale genre could really do with a guiding hand until we get up to speed. It's creating a two-tier server system and is turning potential new community members away from something really good. Not being critical, just an observation.

So. Any suggestions apart from the above?

I'd say alot of the "vets" have stuck it out the years, to be honest, only because they've found good, but closed, groups to play with, so it's understandable they aren't about to join the public side of things.

There were some groups for ArmA 1 that ran regular public coop nights. I imagine when the games a wee bit older and more people have thier copies, you'll see similar things for ArmA2, too. If you've no desire to join a clan or squad, i'd say open coop nights are your best bet to experience ArmA the way it's meant to be played. Wait a couple of weeks and check back to this part of the forum, and i'll eat a sock if there isn't a group with coop nights running!

I spent Sunday night mainly on Kellys heroes server, and had a pretty good time. At one point some KH members restarted the map and organised everyone for a first assault.

And then last night I was on [RIP]'s server, which was also really fun, it did have some lamas on there, however I was helping a guy called Pio (never met him before), take out the side mission, and once completed. We arranged a evac for the MHQ by heli and got it ready at the second side mission.

I could never imagine seeing this amount of team work on say Battlefield (closest comparison), it's just one more thing that adds to the realism in this game.

*Edit*

I will say one thing tho, Kellys heroes server is very good for people starting as they normally have player makers on the map, so its easy to find where you are. Where as [RIP]'s server there is no player maker, so you have to use your map, compass and GPS :butbut:

Edited by Booga
Carl's post :)

The equipment you get is not dependant on the server, but the mission, and also can be dependant on the slot you choose. Some may even run the same mission but using different setups of it. But true, some servers are more teamplay oriented than others. The same can be said for players as well.

Booga,

You would have been on our Domination server last night, with that you need to go to the status option and then you can modify the settings to see player markers etc. Just ask any of the guys when they are on and they will help you, although we did have an issue last night when the server was full and none of our members on.

We will kick or ban TK'ers or anyone wanting to play the fool, if our members don't see it let them know or post in our forums and we will look at the logs and ban based on them.

hold up. i was under the impression that only MATURE people play this game? without teamwork the game is not fun

Hey BearBison,

I actually enjoy the challenge of trying to find where I am on the map, however I was using your server for when I first got back from work (mind still active and still thinking) and then I was using Kelly's later on, when the brain was hurting (so I didn't have to try work out where I was).

Nice to know your taking an active step to get rid of the small amount of fools that try to ruin the game :bounce3:

Hi all

Most of the fools are just uneducated they just need a little leadership.

Most admins give them a warning and have an experienced player take them under the wing.

Kind regards walker

this one is easy

Kellys Heros

Kellys Heros

Kellys Heros

and Kellys Heros !

Seriosly tho its great for coop and teamplay with a public TS, Remember tho if you dont make the effort to use the public voice comms etc then your going to limit your experiance as a hole, "you choose your own level of involvment" kinda deal. So far tho my experiance there has been great and the people mature and griefers quickly dealt with.

And no im not a KH clan member lolz

Tactical Gamer will have it's ARMA2 server up very soon, and just like with ARMA1 servers it will have a high level of teamwork. We are pretty quick to kick/ban kiddies and lone wolfs and people that get off on causing trouble.

Here is a link to our general ARMA forum pages:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-assault/