Sign in to follow this  
SlipperyJim

Arma 1 abandoned?

ArmA 1 dead? far from it!

well at least MP is deserted

I've been playing ArmA regularly with CWR and I44 also a heavily modded version(lots of mod folders)

I tell you, playing the original OFP campaigns in ArmA, in very high is awesome, add to that the RTEditor, and the Loki SP Suite, I'm having a blast!

Edited by waffen
new comments

My mod (The Lost Brothers) has not abandoned ArmA yet. We plan on releasing an addon pack #4 and a historic pack in ArmA. I have ArmA II as well, but frankly I like some things more in the first ArmA such as the handling of cars (I can't steer with a mouse anymore in ArmA II). The graphics I think are still very nice in ArmA as well, just not as slicked up as ArmA II. Couple that with all the mods that will take years to mature in ArmA II and for me at least it will stay on my harddrive alongside OFP which I still play as well (although we no longer make addons for it).

So anyways, in a nutshell, yes some mods are still making stuff for ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles,

thank you for your dedication and commitment to Arma I. i, for one, am truely looking forward to your new releases.

it would be nice to see BIS and the rest of the community not completely stop improving Arma I.

I still play around with OFP, ARMA1 & ARMA2.....so the short and sweet answer is, no!

I don't see any BIS made product dieing, aslong as it's on the PC.

it would be nice to see BIS and the rest of the community not completely stop improving Arma I.

Indeed, would be nice :)

Because I still develop on A1, the Mi28 CBA Project includes an A1 config. So you should be able to use this chopper on A1.

Follow up projects still have an A1 config included (RAH 66 conversion from DKMM, open tank project including Bradley, M1 Abrams, T 72).

So, it is not abandoned from my side, but others seem to be on (a very much needed) vacation ;)

BR,

mike

Yup it's been abandon and is set to self destruct tonight at midnight. So you better get some playing in now then uninstall it before your PC gets ruined. ;)

That's good to hear modEmMaik. I can keep enjoy your stuff in A1 as well. Thanks.

I am a long time ofp arma player , and i have to say I just came back to ArmA after about a 2 year break , and it feels like christmas , with watkins island Usec(i think thats what there called) stuff nunivak men mando's scripts and a finished sixth sense mod , i prefer this to Ace ( whichis also great) I just cant stop downloading. In fact Someone said this could be the golden age of arma , well it could if it had another couple of years with a dedicated community. but that community is split now , again . Ofp was great at the start from the get go, and amazing by the end for its scripts and mods , i doubt anygame ever has had such a creative dedicated fanbase. I remember playing Ebud's Tropical island , and then the desert ones and then winter kolguyev with russian ski bikes and being so excited at all the new potential. and the bush wars mod , coc vte slx . etc at the end ofp had the best most diverse community. Arma on the other hand , was to put it mildly a flawed beauty when it came out. I baught it put it on , played the first cam"pain" mission , died a millon times trying to blow up that bridge , got some many graphical glitches it was unplayable on my rig , until some one ported over some fps friendly island (Solus) (Ace) and the patches kept coming and the community and bis created a better game , Arma was never supposed to be ofp2 Arma 2 was and even though my computer cant play arma2 no dual /quad core :mad: i think i will be able to eventually maybe next year when we have desert islands snow capped peaks Rh weapons units some mando magic. but for now i think i will reinstall ofp gty edition and download that newly finished 40k mod , whilst finalising my watkins moutain John carpenters The thing inspired scary mission , with them lovely tcp anims, and try to forget about all the nasty bugs.

Thats beautifully written Neil. For me, Arma 2 feels boring in vanilla, its definably a reset from all the things made for Armed Assault.

But I think it will be swiftly forgotten once we have had 5-7 patches, and the addon makers has had time to do their thing.

Thats when the golden age of Arma 2 will start :)

I've got a couple unfinished projects in ArmA1 that I'm thinking about finishing up when I have time.

From the Arrowhead Q&A session:

Are there any plans to make a final patch for ArmA1? If so, what will be patched and when can we expect it?

Jennik: I would say ARMA1 is in very good shape now and doesn't really need any further patches. However, if there appear any serious issues in the future like HW/drivers related problems, I would expect something possible. Otherwise not.

Of course Jennik isn't representing BI in this question, but it can seem like Arma 1 will stay at the beta patch forever. Not an ideal situation.

Edited by sparks50

it can seem like Arma 1 will stay at the beta patch forever. Not an ideal situation.

What a bunch of clowns. Bankruptcy is in BIS' future if they continue to pee all over their reputation.

Nah ........ I did do OF, AA1 and AA2 a lot: AA1 may still have bugs.

There is no software without bugs.

But you can have hours of fun with it, with it's phantastic graphics and gameplay.

I played it for years now. My opinion simply is: It needs no more patch, it's nice as it is.

It's a complex simulation: There will always be bugs for it's natural openness.

i hope they make a patch for arma 1 for more weopons

Stop dreaming.Just use user made addons,there is some replacement configs too.

i hope they make a patch for arma 1 for more weopons

Not going to happen. As has been said before, download mods.

Hi there

It’s only naturally that the community switches to the newest release, but there are still people who are working on ArmA1 content.

I’ am still working on my campaign for Arma ! over 40 missions so far basically done others are still in the baby shoes there’s still so many things to do and improve. I will definitely add some more missions to it. Have no idea for the time being how much missions will the final campaign contain. My progress is slow due to RL issues but I’m not giving up. I’ll release it when it’s done.

Kind regards

nettrucker

i think most ppl just like me , simple switched to arma 2 cause it runs in many ways much smoother and with the CAA 1 mod , u can see a huge performance difference between arma and arma2.

i can play sahrani or avgani with at least 5000 visibility and everything on highest while in arma 1 it stutters even at 1500 visibility and medium settings.

i hope there will be a way to play the old arma1 mods with caa 1 someday.

i think most ppl just like me , simple switched to arma 2 cause it runs in many ways much smoother

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with that alternate universe.

i can play sahrani or avgani with at least 5000 visibility and everything on highest while in arma 1 it stutters even at 1500 visibility and medium settings.

That's what your rig can do - not other people's.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with that alternate universe.

than you havent tried caa 1 mod to play sahrani or you have only a singlecore cpu.

That's what your rig can do - not other people's.

as much as i heared about caa1 EVERYONE has reported a HUGE performance boost between sahrani in arma 1 and sahrani with caa1 mod in arma2.

many ppl run sahrani with 10 000 visibility , thats almost impossible in arma 1.

the point is that arma2 uses multiple core cpus while arma1 uses only one.

just search for a thread about caa 1 and look for yourself or simple try it if you havent yet :)

CAA1 on ArmA2 looks very good. I still have ArmA1 and OFP still installed, and of course I still play them. Nothing can top OFP's gameplay.