Sign in to follow this  
-C4-Draeger-OwP-

Find and capture Lopotev mission help

I have hit a brick wall with this mission. :confused:

I spoke to Dressler, then the intelligence guy. I went to the three points marked on the map with red crosses. Found a Marine unit at the first who told me it was all clear and was then told to go to the next. Did so and found nothing again. Contacted Battlemage and told them the second site was clear, they said keep looking.

Went to the third site and found a few enemies. Took care of them and inside the tent we found photgraphs. Took them and left.

Didn't know where to go then so logged onto these forums and had a look around. Noticed a few folk had mentioned a village called Novy Sobor?. Went there and found a few more enemies and a Shilka. swept the town and there appears to have been some sort of firefight that has already taken place?.

I now have no idea where to go or what to do. There are no map markers to show you where to go next, seems very open ended and confusing. I have seen people say that you should speak to the townsfolk. Am I in the right town to do so because the only other person I can find in the town is a female character cowering in the front of the church.

I'm stuck, not a clue what to do now, any help appreciated!!! :cool:

Edited by [C4]Draeger[OwP]

did you talk to the other intel guy (cant remember his name, but he's in the same base as the officer that gives you the 3 sites to check) he gives you a clue in to form of a local resistance fighter.

Hi, yeah I did, he was the Chedaki intel guy, right?. I can't recall what the dialogue between us was, what clue does he give?. Does he tell you a location to go to?.

he gives you the name of a NAPA guy called Olgiea or something like that and says he's in Staroye. if you help the locals defend their town he will give you another clue where Lopotev might be

the Intel Officer also gives you some background intel on Lopotev etc which should be in your notes section of your map...if you asked him for it. basically you can see that his home town is Solnichniy (east coast). if you go there and ask a few locals they tell you they seen people at the Quarry.

you can also ask the locals at Vyshnoye for some info

hope it helps

Thanks, I went to Staroye to look for those locals who want you to help defend the town. Only thing I found was about half way through the town when you take aleft turn up a short dirt road you come to a large barn type building. There's one guy proned in the field with an AK, if you approach him on foot and walk right up to him holding your crosshairs on him it shows he is a "Local" but there is no dialogue option displayed to ask questions. Other than that, the town is empty.

At one point my gunner shouted "Contact" and he killed two enemies up on a hill further up from where this local was proned, but that was it. Drove around the area for ages but could not see where I was to assist with defending the town?.

hey there, noob question coming up : on this mission you get maddox's chopper at your disposal to use as transport, i get me and my squad into the chopper and maddox says "where to?" how do i tell him where to go ? ive tried all the tutorials and checked if any of the characters said anything but theres nothing! how do i tell maddox where to fly when my team and me are in the chopper ? cheers

hey there, noob question coming up : on this mission you get maddox's chopper at your disposal to use as transport, i get me and my squad into the chopper and maddox says "where to?" how do i tell him where to go ? ive tried all the tutorials and checked if any of the characters said anything but theres nothing! how do i tell maddox where to fly when my team and me are in the chopper ? cheers

open the map, and access him like you did to call him, via f1 or ` > communication >transport

I have to admit I finally had enough and gave up. Used the "Endmission" cheat to move on, now I'm onto Manhattan.

Off topic, MrPing1000, you didn't used to play Day of Defeat online and post on the DoD forums did you?. I recognise that name from somewhere ( or it could be someone else who used the same name ) ?. :cool:

Draeger[OwP];1319093']I have hit a brick wall with this mission. :confused:

I spoke to Dressler' date=' then the intelligence guy. I went to the three points marked on the map with red crosses. Found a Marine unit at the first who told me it was all clear and was then told to go to the next. Did so and found nothing again. Contacted Battlemage and told them the second site was clear, they said keep looking.

Went to the third site and found a few enemies. Took care of them and inside the tent we found photgraphs. Took them and left.

Didn't know where to go then so logged onto these forums and had a look around. Noticed a few folk had mentioned a village called Novy Sobor?. Went there and found a few more enemies and a Shilka. swept the town and there appears to have been some sort of firefight that has already taken place?.

I now have no idea where to go or what to do. There are no map markers to show you where to go next, seems very open ended and confusing. I have seen people say that you should speak to the townsfolk. Am I in the right town to do so because the only other person I can find in the town is a female character cowering in the front of the church.

I'm stuck, not a clue what to do now, any help appreciated!!! :cool:[/quote']

Normally I am very nice but its 4:34 AM here and im not in the mood. Seriously, just listen to the conversations the NPCs tell you from the very start of the mission and you would know what to do.

Normally I am very nice but its 4:34 AM here and im not in the mood. Seriously, just listen to the conversations the NPCs tell you from the very start of the mission and you would know what to do.

Thanks for the assistance. It helped not a jot. :rolleyes:

The conversations I had listened to and took all info on board. Maybe the next time you are browsing the forums at 4.34am you might not want to bother posting useless replies to threads. :cool:

I'm way past that mission now anyhow, but this game is hardly straightforward in it's mission execution. The amount of threads here asking for assistance is testament to that.

Anyway, thanks for your input. :cheers:

Draeger[OwP];1319093']I have hit a brick wall with this mission. :confused:

I spoke to Dressler' date=' then the intelligence guy. I went to the three points marked on the map with red crosses. Found a Marine unit at the first who told me it was all clear and was then told to go to the next. Did so and found nothing again. Contacted Battlemage and told them the second site was clear, they said keep looking.

[/quote']

I did not find Lopotec. But I found his second in command...So i won the mission.

It followed the intel path as suggested by the agent.

I do not want to spoiler....but my target was just escaping under my eyes ! ! ! !

I took him at the last second........GREAT MISSION

Didn't want to create another topic, but is it possible to capture them both? Because after you capture one mission ends :rolleyes:

Draeger[OwP];1333329']Thanks for the assistance. It helped not a jot. :rolleyes:

The conversations I had listened to and took all info on board. Maybe the next time you are browsing the forums at 4.34am you might not want to bother posting useless replies to threads. :cool:

I'm way past that mission now anyhow' date=' but this game is hardly straightforward in it's mission execution. The amount of threads here asking for assistance is testament to that.

Anyway, thanks for your input. :cheers:[/quote']

Okay, now I do want to apologize for my behaviour that night. However, I was not wrong. Everything you need to know is in the conversations and in the notes and such on the map, completed every mission without any problem like that so far, on Dogs of War atm. Mabye the people asking should simply be more observant or some such

Very ignorant reply to someone asking for help dude. :rolleyes: If you didn't want to help because you're tired then don't reply.

I'm having the same problems with the added issue of losing the helo.

Okay, now I do want to apologize for my behaviour that night. However, I was not wrong. Everything you need to know is in the conversations and in the notes and such on the map, completed every mission without any problem like that so far, on Dogs of War atm. Mabye the people asking should simply be more observant or some such

Apology accepted, no offence taken. :)

However, your not listening to what I'm saying m8. I did go through all the conversations, check the notes, look on the map etc and the mission is still confusing at times. As much as I love the game so far, as I said, it's mission execution can be somewhat "open to interpretation" and be rather unclear as to your next, pressing objective.

With all due respect, if it was as simple as you suggest then why are there absolutely loads of threads all asking the same questions on "What to do next?" in various missions?.

We can't all be idiots. :D

Draeger[OwP];1334633']Apology accepted' date=' no offence taken. :)

However, your not listening to what I'm saying m8. I [i']did[/i] go through all the conversations, check the notes, look on the map etc and the mission is still confusing at times. As much as I love the game so far, as I said, it's mission execution can be somewhat "open to interpretation" and be rather unclear as to your next, pressing objective.

With all due respect, if it was as simple as you suggest then why are there absolutely loads of threads all asking the same questions on "What to do next?" in various missions?.

I agree mate. Everytime I take the helo to the location where the Marines are it gets damaged and when it returns for extraction is blows up. It doesn't matter where I tell it to land.

The game is good, but the campaign so far has been boring and useless. :(

Draeger[OwP];1334633']Apology accepted' date=' no offence taken. :)

However, your not listening to what I'm saying m8. I [i']did[/i] go through all the conversations, check the notes, look on the map etc and the mission is still confusing at times. As much as I love the game so far, as I said, it's mission execution can be somewhat "open to interpretation" and be rather unclear as to your next, pressing objective.

Hehe no, All I am saying is that I done all my missions so far without any internet support or w/e so the specific ones you are talking about. You said you checked the three red crosses. The people you are suppose to talk to before heading out names a few other cities, Staroye for example, and you can ask about Vishnoye... dunno if i spelled those correcty tbh.

Also if you read the bio, you find out that lopotevs and his 2nd lieutenant are born in Solnicnhiey or some such, go there and talk to the locals, you find one of the evidence thingys there. If you are lucky you can also find Barada or Barak or whatever his name is there.

i went to Vyshnoye and talked to some people, one old man says that i should see Malek at his farm wich is north from the town, i cant seem to find this farm. anyone know where it is?

i went to Vyshnoye and talked to some people, one old man says that i should see Malek at his farm wich is north from the town, i cant seem to find this farm. anyone know where it is?

The farm is south of town, as said by the locals ;-).

The farm is south of town, as said by the locals ;-).

Hey thanks, that helped. How dumb can i be, i asked the locals many times and always read that the guy said NORTH, instead it was south... what the hell's wrong with me LOL. Found it easily after looking in the SOUTH.

Thanks again !

Hey thanks, that helped. How dumb can i be, i asked the locals many times and always read that the guy said NORTH, instead it was south... what the hell's wrong with me LOL. Found it easily after looking in the SOUTH.

Thanks again !

I don't know if I have found the farm or not. I travel south, and I find a farm like place, with a few chickens, hales of bay, and a person. I can't talk to the person, what I am supposed to do at the farm?

I don't know if I have found the farm or not. I travel south, and I find a farm like place, with a few chickens, hales of bay, and a person. I can't talk to the person, what I am supposed to do at the farm?

the farm is just right below thw village in the map. there's a hill with a castle ruins right nex to the farm. theres a dude standing at the farm you need to talk to him.

if he doesnt talk to you, you maybe need to talk to the villagers first so that they tell you that the man supports chedaki.

After an hour and thirty minutes of playing, the mission solves itself anyways. Either he escapes into Russia, or you find him as he tries to get to the border in a red golf.

I've played through this mission about 7 times now. I've tried hopping into the Venom and heading to the North-Western-most camp waypoint as soon as the mission starts (The camp on top of Hill 446). Twice I have found Bardak right away. Once, he was standing at the camp when I got there, the second time he was in a blue car driving along the road which passes by that camp. I'm beginning to believe that these NPCs start in different positions each time you begin the mission. I've never seen Lopotev. As soon as you capture Bardak the mission ends, so you may not be able to grab him. I'm not sure what the deal is.

On another topic, has anyone else found the 4th piece of war crime evidence in this mission?

#1 the photographs at the NW camp (Hill 446)

#2 the map case at the castle South of Vyshnoye

#3 the dog tags in the quarry SE of ... Lopotev's home town whose name escapes me now.

#4 ?

I've played through this mission about 7 times now. I've tried hopping into the Venom and heading to the North-Western-most camp waypoint as soon as the mission starts (The camp on top of Hill 446). Twice I have found Bardak right away. Once, he was standing at the camp when I got there, the second time he was in a blue car driving along the road which passes by that camp. I'm beginning to believe that these NPCs start in different positions each time you begin the mission. I've never seen Lopotev. As soon as you capture Bardak the mission ends, so you may not be able to grab him. I'm not sure what the deal is.

On another topic, has anyone else found the 4th piece of war crime evidence in this mission?

#1 the photographs at the NW camp (Hill 446)

#2 the map case at the castle South of Vyshnoye

#3 the dog tags in the quarry SE of ... Lopotev's home town whose name escapes me now.

#4 ?

Well yeah, it's dynamic, meaning diffrent things can happend every time you play, not bardak is not always at the same place. Me and a friend played this mission in coop, did the same routine everytime, and one time we got lucky and spotted bardak in his car, arrested him... or shot him, don't remember, and mission over with.