Sign in to follow this  
scotch

Weapon down after looking at the map

Two things are curios when I look at the Map.

The first thing is that the Soldier stops and crouch for a few seconds and than he goes on with running if i hold down the forward-key.

The second thing is that when I leave the map-view the weapon is down.

The short stop and crouch isn't necessary. If i want to stop when i look at the map then I can stop or crouch by press or loose the right keys.

Edited by scotch

Hi scotch

It is called "Reality Check"

Try running around in the town or the woods with a map in front of your face.

Kind Regards walker

It's called bullshit.

Reality is if it is possible to running around in the town with a map in my hand. If I crash into a wall or a tree than it is my own fault!

Please dont talk about reality. Is it reality when a infantrie soldier can drive and fly al kinds of vehicles??? Is it reality when every soldier can look on a map and see his position and the positions from other soldiers? Like the Marauders Map in Harry Potter???

Or crash with a motorcycle in a tree with 90 km/h and after that I say AUTSCH and continue by running? Or is it realistic to bee shoot in your leg, then you crouch to a first aid tent and heal yourself?

Reality is ok. But you need a kind of balance in the game between reality and fun!

Edited by scotch

why is this such a big deal? if you're looking at your map while there's enemies so close that you need to shoot them the second you leave the map you need to work on your tactics. it takes one whole click to bring your gun up again...o.m.g.

Good for you scotch.

I seem to be able to access the map while driving a vehicle at speed - why can't I maintain my attitude on foot?

But unfortunately my squad can't exit a vehicle without all being injured as a result.

walker, would you like to spend a little time objectively playing the game, and then come back and defend your "reality check" explanation?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

why is this such a big deal? if you're looking at your map while there's enemies so close that you need to shoot them the second you leave the map you need to work on your tactics. it takes one whole click to bring your gun up again...o.m.g.
Tactics aren't worth a damn, if the buggy implementation means that you are disadvantaged by the game code.

how are you at a disadvantage? even if it is a bug, I know damn well that if there's enemies crawling around I don't open my map...

#1: it totally blocks your view so even if your gun was up, you cant shoot anything

#2: if you use the leftmousebutton to shoot (which I'm sure 99% of people do) it's disabled in the map so you can place markers

75% of the time I use my map it's for at least several seconds, if not a minute trying to plan the best route. if you just want to see what direction your going, use the compass that overlays on your display so you can still run, shoot, whatever

these are called tactics...not running around shooting at things you can't see with your map out

and like I said, one whole click and your gun is at the ready...takes .01 seconds. You can also use the optics view button to bring your gun up and look through the sights if for some reason there is an enemy that close

Edited by No Use For A Name

I at first thought this was odd, but after thinking about BIS's logic it makes perfect sense. As a team leader you shouldnt be directly in line of fire and more control of your team around and ahead of you. Thus you can then look at maps and work out next moves etc.

When you do you wouldnt in real life have a weapon up ready to fire stood and looking at a map. you would take a knee and lower weapon to then get your map out to scan the location and read that back with the map mainly in both hands.

if you're looking at your map while there's enemies so close that you need to shoot them the second you leave the map you need to work on your tactics. it takes one whole click to bring your gun up again...o.m.g.

In "reality" as been quoted if your aware of enemy and in that situation you talk about why would you suddenly get a map out and look at it? Thats B.S. You would wait and control the situation and your squad, deal with it then get a map out to look. If your in that situation the map is not worth shit, you need to look (visually) at your surrounding and make decisions based on that on-the-fly ... that would be your job.

Edited by mrcash2009

It's called "consistency" NUFAN. Try this: start running, then hit M. Then hit M again. You're still running, weapon out. Now stand still, and hit M. Hit M again, and you're crouched, weapon down.

I don't care about your 'tactics' argument. It's either a bug, or a bit of daft programmer "logic" that says that if you are standing with your weapon raised, after you've looked at a map, you will be crouching with your weapon down. But not if you're running. You can still do that, and keep running with your weapon up, and you'll still be running with your weapon up after you view the map.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

And mrcash2009 too. Sorry, it's a non argument.

Well in that example, I can only agree .. haven't tested it in that way. I think that's different to the original poster. If that's the case mate, shove it in the bug list :)

As regards our "argument" (debate I call it) it still stands ref when stopped this happens.

maybe they made it like that since if you're running and you pull your map out, they assumed you're retreating/under fire and just need a quick glance to find the safest evac. but if you're stopped, then you're already 'safe' and intend to take a while to plan stuff out...i don't know.

either way I don't see it as a big deal. you shouldn't need to run with your map out just to see what direction you're going because that's why they gave you a compass. and if you're in the map to plan stuff out, you're going to be stopped anyways...

I bet if it was like how you want it, there would be people bitching about getting shot while in the map because they're standing straight up as an easy target, or it's not "realistic" enough. You can't please everyone

there's plenty of other more serious issues besides this imo

Edited by No Use For A Name

there's plenty of other more serious issues besides this imo
I absolutely agree! :)