Sign in to follow this  
TYsiEK

Osprey in next add-ons pack

Do BIS are making some new models for next addon pack ?

How yes, please, make the osprey who have a hir engine.

I think about transformation from helicopter to plane and hovering gears  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Mar. 08 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think about transformation from helicopter to plane and hovering gears  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

original

but would be hard 2 land it(very open grounds) and controlin those gears and everythin

but hey

there r parachutes...

Oh yea. I'd LOVE to fly an Osprey. That would be coool.

And it would be great if BIS cleared up that "fog" effect in the whole game (campaign, single missions, and multiplayer) by adding a "fog effect" control slider in the SETTINGS part of the game.

If they took away the fog it would be too laggy to play. have you messed around with this setveiwdistance?

It is laggy when flying a plane if you take away all the fog.

The OSPREY would be a CRAP add-on. First of all, it doesn't really fly in real life yet (2 out of 4 prototypes crashed or something like that), plus it is ugly and its performance can not be speculated about as it is still in R&D phase.

I'd prefer to see a Huey for the Resistance (they lack a chopper).

I'm surprised they didn't put a Huey in, in the first place. wink.gif

not true, there are already 2 operational squadrons flying the Osprey in Arizona, however both are grounded because of accidents at the moment, and I agree, the Osprey would be a crappy addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ Mar. 09 2002,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not true, there are already 2 operational squadrons flying the Osprey in Arizona, however both are grounded because of accidents at the moment, and I agree, the Osprey would be a crappy addon.<span id='postcolor'>

Shows my age I guess smile.gif

The Osprey has currently killed 56 US Marines. Wonder how many more will die before they realise it's a dumb ass idea.

still, an osprey would be absolutely USELESS in ofp right now anyway so smile.gif

and how many people did the UH-60 kill when it was first being developed?

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 09 2002,03wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The OSPREY would be a CRAP add-on. First of all, it doesn't really fly in real life yet (2 out of 4 prototypes crashed or something like that), plus it is ugly and its performance can not  be speculated about as it is still in R&D phase.

I'd prefer to see a Huey for the Resistance (they lack a chopper).<span id='postcolor'>

"Ugly" is in the eye of the beholder.

The A-10 is ugly, but after a while, I learned to admire to the plane to the point that I love it now.

I love the look of the Osprey myself.  I disagree fully with your "crap" comment.  I think it would be awesome.  It can take off and land vertically, carry a lot of troops, and get them accross far distances VERY quickly.

I'd love a Huey too!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Mar. 09 2002,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Osprey has currently killed 56 US Marines. Wonder how many more will die before they realise it's a dumb ass idea.<span id='postcolor'>

Huh? The "Idea" of the Osprey, is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the recent past IMPLEMENTATION of it. The IDEA is fine. It's an INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL idea, as long as it works ! ! !

HOWEVER, for it to work, the Marines have to properly test, properly build, and properly maintain the Osprey. Falsifying testing & maintenance records, poorly training Osprey pilots, and all the other CRAP that the military did with the Osprey program is what caused all these horrendous problems that resulted in those deaths.

But the IDEA of the Osprey is 100 % dead on right. It's just that the Military has royally screwed up the program by covering up flaws with the aircraft, not properly training pilots (at leas ONE of the crashes was due to PILOT error, the pilot got into what is called a 'Vortex ring state', which is fully avoidable had the pilot been properly trained to avoid it).

Honestly, if you look into every AIRCRAFT that was ever built, you will find lots of crashes for almost EVERY aircraft. The trick is to run the safety programs ***properly*** to MINIMIZE these tragedies. And until now, the military was NOT doing that with the Osprey program. Now, due to public out-cry over the HORRIBLE loss of life, the military MUST do that.

The ONLY reason that the entire Osprey program has NOT been scrapped completely, is because the CONCEPT of the aircraft is such a damn good one. Our military NEEDS an aircraft that can carry large numbers of troops quickly accross long distances, and can take-off or land vertically.

if they added a heli like the huey i would like to see ropes drop down and see the troops repell down ... it would be awsome for forrest LZ's  "drop points" whatever ... i think that would be sweet

2 Ospreys has been destroyed because computers failed and

must be season.

In game, he should be looking good smile.gif

And V-22 is very very very very beautifull heliplanecopter hyhyhy biggrin.gif

I'm sorry, maybe is not that funny, however americans has spend 3 billion dolars for season this helicopter.

V-22_Howitzer_field.jpg

The Osprey truly is a beatifull piece of machinery, just because it's not completely through the development phase yet doesn't mean that it isn't an excellent aircraft.

OPF definitely needs a plane transport, the Osprey probably isnt technicaly a plane (or a chopper) but we NEED a fucking plane transport for chrissakes!!!!!

Please don't curse !!!!!!!!!!

Osprey can be plane and helicopter see that f**king picture !!!!!!!!

V-22_overpax.jpg

Yes, we need it. OFp don't have fast heulage with big cargo.

OSPREY is like CH-47d, but faster. tounge.gif

Wow. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures. It makes me want an Osprey even more now.

But I still want an OH-6

And I want the ability to have soldiers on the side-boards of the OH-6

And I want the ability for soldiers on the sideboards of the OH-6 to be able to shoot while the chopper is flying

And I'd like a Huey too.

And a CH-53.

And a C-130.

And buildings that you can land helos on.

And the ability to fastrope from helos.

And the ability to drop cargo via parachute from the back of the C-130s.

And I'd like to see water spray effects from rotor wash.

And I'd like to see dust effects from rotor wash.

And I'd like to see grass get blown around from rotor wash.

And I'd like to see the helicopter rotor blade cone effect (the rotor blades bending up or down at an angle, depending on certain physics).

And I'm dying for that improved Network code (when they dump Microsoft DirectPlay.

I just want it all, and I want it now! That's not too much to ask, is it? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

And I'd like people to stop suggesting to add more stupid and useless silly american air units and not bothering about suggesting some Russian air units.

I agree with Dogi, too many id like, id like for yaan...American technology. BtW, Osprey is not in US service, we can have Ka-60 or Mi-26, Mi28, Ka-50 or even Ka-52, but both Ka-52 and Ka-60 are not yer in service, only put on order by the Russian Armed Forces.

Russia has been theft too match projects from America and Poland :\