Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Just touch the ground in base with your feet and it will say some thing like "repair restored". If you are in a chopper/plane its not enough to land in base - you have to get out.

And remember that wrecks can only be repaired by bringing them to the repair-pad in base.

Or "get new tools needed for more repairs"... Recharge :p

Btw in 2.54 (I think) Domination uses the new vanilla repair system. Means that instead of having to, ehh, recharge :D he can do it all the time but only to about 65% of full capability. The new system shows itself as a vanilla repair action. Some modders have tried to restore the old system, so you might get both. Personally I think the new system is sufficient though, makes the engineer less of a magic man.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Hello)

tell me PLZ! who knows where to change the music at the start mission? (Domination) :)

Search for playMusic or fadeMusic, but I'm guessing on the intro script.

I wouldn't do it though. It's short and to the point, and doesn't get annoying.

And most certainly not include custom music with the mission (too many bytes for nothing gained).

Found where the music :bounce3:

folder x_client Fail named: x_intro_old.sqf :)

Ok, D4 looks awesome. I have a question which I hope isn't too nooby (actually it is so feel free to flame away but please give me the actual answer as well :) )

I'm trying to get all the fixes from Domination 2.54 OA to run on Chernarus fighting the Russians. Is there a simple way to do this (editing the macros.sqf and setup.sqf then running setupcopy.bat)? I notice all the target locations are in the code already. Problem is I can't be doing it right as although the targets are in the right place and the missions get generated at the start there are a number of bugs happening that prevent us from playing the mission beyond the first target area. The parachutes tend to not get packed properly either which can cause problems, and a few craters.

Same here... been sifting through various forums and google trying to figure out how to convert to Chernarus but most of it is beyond me :(

So I'm just hoping D4 will have a Chernarus version... was a great map to run around on, and fighting all the Russian gear was more colorful :D.

O really.. nice, lol it said this year. so im guessing its very closes

Edited by baz44331

Hello) Tell me please how to disable the CROSS for all players? Map coo40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI_ACE.Chernarus. Its in description.ext or server.cfg?

thanks for any help! :)

Cross? If you mean weapon cursor, then it is in your server profile file, where all the server difficulties are governed.

Sorry! :icon_redface: but you could correct me that the text: (if it's here and it's him!)

WeaponCursor=0; // Shows the crosshair for your weapon

cadetMode=0;

class Missions

{

class Mission01

{

template=co@40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI_ACE.Chernarus;

difficulty = "Veteran";

};

}

No, that is your server.cfg file, not the servers profile file. And in addition to those two, you need a server basic.cfg file as well.

The relatively full overview on how it's all connected can be found here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration

And, trying to get this stuff to work the first time isn't easy. A lot to read.

Edit: Oh, and if that's not enough, if you're running OA beta patches with mods, you may even need to start OA Server using a .cmd file because you can't put in enough characters into the shortcut target line. Target line points to that .cmd file (located in the main Arma/OA directory, at least for the DVD version), and for use look like this:

"C:\Path\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -cfg=basic.cfg -exThreads=1 -config=server.cfg "-profiles=C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Server" -name=Server -mod=Expansion;Expansion\beta\expansion
Edited by CarlGustaffa

CarlGustaffa

Thanks for the help and your time!

never thought that so many things need to disable the crosshair on the server :o my knowledge and English is not so big that would come all this way :o Thanks again!

Can someone pls direct me how to disable the mlrs + the arty called by paradrop. I run the 2.29ver. of doomi and after the arty aming system came some people can sit for hours with an arty-gun + an ammo truck spamming targets with shells, and nothing but ruins are left when inf gets to the town. The arty called by radio is fine and can be adjusted by serverparameters, i just want to stop the arty-cannon you can call in as a paradrop. (and maybe the mlrs earned from sidemission).

Search for MLRS and just remove the entry from the array.

To remove the paradropped arty (I've removed it myself for same reason), you can remove it's button (easiest) from the dialog, or (harder) rearrange everything (search for the class names, fix the arrays etc) about it to remove all traces of it. I'm also putting a lock on enemy artillery and mortar (I've replaced the mortar statics with mortar camps though) at the AO, because with the artillery computer (which I need for other things) makes the damned thing just way too powerful. :p

I downloaded the older 2.29 and it worked fine. I restarted server with 2.54 and get everything but the strike and explosion. :(

What would be the latest BAF version please

There isn't any BAF versions afaik. Xeno readied 2.54 for it, but you have to edit the mission to activate it. Probably exists versions on A2/OA game servers, you can probably poke around in those versions to see how it's done.

I know that domi 2 is no longer being supported. I just had a quick question if anyone could answer. Im trying to edit a TVT domi mission and the vehicle textures are missing on all vehicles I add. diamond wheels, missing blades on choppers etc. Can anyone help?

You are seeing LOD issues, SpectreM. The game isn't loading up all the model data of the vehicles.

I doubt this is related to the mission. Does it happens to particular vehicles?

thanks for responding quickly. Even the default East helicopters are missing the wheels and blades are not connected to the chopper. Its very strange. I was first trying to edit 2.54 and then I tried it on 2.29 and it was the same thing. west helicopters are fine. But the ones I add are messed up.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

update: the vehicles look fine on preview but when saved to multiplayer they get messed.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

resaved the mission again and now they are normal. odd.

I'm pretty sure you are having problems with your game install and not the mission, mate.