Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

All players appreciated the work of Xeno, :clap: perhaps it could be because of some high office who has not sufficiently appreciated their work.

I miss your work.

You have developed probably the most popular mission in the whole game

*grin*

I've made the most popular MP missions for A1 and A2, am not limiting myself to one mission.

Maybe some day I'll come back, who knows...

Nobody plays addons !

Xeno

*grin*

I've made the most popular MP missions for A1 and A2, am not limiting myself to one mission.

Maybe some day I'll come back, who knows...

Nobody plays addons !

Xeno

" Nobody plays addons " ya i know what u mean we are not getting what we want from BIS but who cares ,trust me xeno most of the people are still playing this game cuz of guys like u who make great missions and addons.

For me and my friends no Domi means no Arma :(.

most of the people are still playing this game cuz of guys like u who make great missions and addons.

For me and my friends no Domi means no Arma :(.

/me nods

For those interested / looking for a BAF version of Domination, feel free to look here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107301

And I do hope you'll make a return one day, Xeno.. This community is forever in your debt and a lot of stuff would have never seen the light of day if it wasn't for you inovative ideas. You sir, are an ArmA Legend!:yay:

I've got a TvT BAF version in development too, if anyone is interested.

For those interested / looking for a BAF version of Domination, feel free to look here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107301

And I do hope you'll make a return one day, Xeno.. This community is forever in your debt and a lot of stuff would have never seen the light of day if it wasn't for you inovative ideas. You sir, are an ArmA Legend!:yay:

Bug where you lose fuel in your aircraft if your on the base, usually after a repair or exiting it whilst on the runway.

Hi there!

We have those missions on our server but have a little problems with;

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE AI

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE Revive

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE Wounds

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE Ranked

co@30 DomiOA! West MANDO

Gets a grey screen in the intro and miss the part when you get zoomed in at the start. When mission starts we gets a message about stuff thats been deleted, but we can still enter the mission. We cant find any ammoboxes or use the flagpole as useal?

Fraps clip:

about stuff thats been deleted

Immediately smells like problems to me. Scripts may fail completely, ending up with other scripts not ever getting started. How to fix should be right there in the error message. Search the mission files for occurances of the missing class and replace it with what works. Sorry don't have ACE yet so can't do it for you.

Hello)

I have a question about artillery SADARM (ACE):

co30_Domination_2_29A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan

co30_Domination_2_54A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan

(-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM)

Sadarm for me not working :( Another artillery works: smoke,Flare,HE......Sadarm NO! :confused: You have this error ?

thanks in advance for any help and explanation.

I'm hoping they are reworking them, because they seem to be completely gone, at least with the betas. Both sadarm and laser is non functional even without ace. We used to spawn BIS_ARTY_F_SadarmDeploy to start the seeking process, now it returns "any" indicating it's not there anymore (or I'm messing up somehow). Spawning a ARTY_Sh_122_SADARM shell (with the script) now only creates a dumb shell.

So for that, I think ACE removed it (ACE_ARTY_Sh_105_SADARM and ACE_ARTY_Sh_122_SADARM). I don't have ACE myself yet, so I'm not sure. But I think I've seen it been mentioned somewhere. So I'm back to Arma1 methods for guiding laser shells :(

I know your stand on real vs virtual arty CG, but just for grins try having a real BIS ARTY battery fire a SADARM to see if that works. At least you'd know if the internals still function.

Hmm. It still works on Chernarus, although the voice communications are completely messed up (I'm only getting "over" and "out" verbally).

Same happens when I copy everything and change everything to Takistan. Even the part where communications are not there.

I'm using SOM to grant me missions, but Takistan dubbing for SOM holds a lot more voices that I'm getting from it now.

I tried my method today in MP for sadarm. Nothing happened on the client, although in SP I got a dumb shell (didn't verify if it did any damage). I'm completely in the dark as to what to do next to get this working again. I've added so much to the Domination artillery system, I think even you ;) would enjoy it (and I know where you stand wrt fake scripted artillery :D). In the end, it's the result that counts for me, real or scripted doesn't matter as long as it feels correct.

PM me if you want to have a testrun on it, even if it still have some bugs. But don't expect much of original Domination ;)

Today, I joined a server Arma2 OA Domination ACE ! (Second Artillery Observer and Rescue) And: Call artillery SADARM! To my great joy! all artillery on this server work correctly! :)

My next question to you people::pray:

Who can get this correct artillery! And insert a original mission coo30_Domination_2_29A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan ? PLZ!)

(Problem with artillery SADARM corrected) :)

Edited by Keshman

CG, we may differ on outlook on arty and other heavy weapons. But we do respect each other. I have faith your work is completely cool.

My plate is very full right now, otherwise I'd offer to help you out with that. But if there is something specific - I might have a few cycles for ya.

I managed to fix mine (I think, haven't tested in MP yet). By doing:

BIS_ARTY_F_SadarmDeploy = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\ARTY\data\scripts\ARTY_sadarmDeploy.sqf";

Works in singleplayer at least. I rewrote the whole Laser thingy to what I had it like in Dominatrix for Arma1/ACE1, so I haven't tried the official implementation yet (by compiling the needed script).

Currently adding possibility to change between polar and grid method of designation. Think it's starting to look pretty good actually:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54973802@N00/4998963678/sizes/l/in/photostream/

4998963678_41142bcf16_b.jpg

Forget mapclick interface, that just ain't me :p Red munitions can't be fired into rural areas, but yellow (precision munitions) ones can. Smoke and Copperhead can't be used when I snapped it, due to unfavorable meteorological conditions. Polar mode activated by default if you're looking through vector, interfacing with the computer to fill in distance and direction automatically, but have to type in your own position. In grid mode (6/8 digits) FDC targets center of that grid. Pseudo realistic flight times based on pseudo charges. Yellow circles are ranges for artillery and mortar battery respectively. And I'm so sick of inconsiderate use of artillery that I made the rounds (arty only, mortars are still freebies) awards for side missions.

Thanks. Means a lot that somebody cares to make things tougher, more a thinking mans game (like it once was supposed to be). Unfortunately it's not a simple copy & paste of a single script. Differences in terms of files:

1. Dialog massively rewritten, yet still uses the same dialog for both Artillery (RESCUE) and Mortar (delta_1, RESCUE2 is my FAC).

2. Init, server, and player setups and inits updated to support new ideas (new events registered).

3. Bikb massively updated to reflect the new comms.

4. Functions added in various function locations.

5. Artillery (client) and arifire (server) updated heavily. In fact I had to completely remove TT support in one of them as I was constantly editing within the wrong #ifdefs and cursing when it didn't work.

6. Two new identities and a few new sounds in description.ext.

7. Those identities are used for two new logics in kbinit.

And does it have a purpose in vanilla Domination? I'm not so sure. The game mode is designed with convenientness in mind. What's the purpose of making it harder when you get all tools for free to make it easy again? I'm talking about instant knowledge of precise observer position through magic markers or MAP equipped GPS for everyone. The purpose of having a polar mode for me is to mark a target based on a known observer position (which may be easier to obtain by looking around you) than picking out the target location based on terrain features around that. If you fail to mark your own location correctly, the rounds will miss (by the offset of the error). But in vanilla, when you always have that location immediately available without even looking at the map, it becomes so easy it's not worth the effort putting it in. Then it's just some techno babble without a real purpose of being there.

But I think I may be closing in on a test release, despite a few minor bugs that I can live with. I finally got response on MP UAV, which was kind of a big thing for me. So the last major hurdle seems to be passable after all... :)

I just started playing this amazing mission and I've gotta say, I'm in love. I do have one gripe though. I wish you could call in ammo drops/AI reinforcements/artillery/mortars and that sorta thing for support. Other than that, great mission mate, keep it up!

Oh also, can we get artillery such as an MLRS or Howtzer in any way? Since the BAF artillery system I love using it every chance I can get. It'd work great in this type of game.

Xeno has stopped development of it (so he says).

But, you can. In vanilla you have RESCUE and RESCUE2 as artillery FOs calling in external artillery support, and all squad leaders (I think) can call in air drops consisting of Howitzer, Ammo Drop, and Transport Vehicle. I think you can get MLRS as bonus vehicles, but personally I think they are out of scope (misplaced) in this mission and/or island. No mortars except maybe snitch an enemy mortar. Basically every vehicle in the game exist as rewards, for nothing, pretty much making every public game a hardware orgy with endless artillery bombardment. There is no need to think about what you're doing. The challenge is gone, and thus, for me, also the fun.

My version is different:

1. RESCUE is FO for external Regiment M198 155mm Artillery (it's M119 shells though, I just call it M198 because of the damage they do).

2. RESCUE2 is FAC, in charge of all air operations, includes UAV (finally got help on implementing a working version) and verifying airspace is clear for air drops (and future AI based air support).

3. delta_1 (sniper teams spotter) is FO for external Battalion M254 81mm Mortar Platoon, of which one squad is attached to our platoon.

4. In addition in the platoon there are three CSW/SF operators with mortar training. These are the only ones who can obtain CSW rucksacks (you're no allowed to steal another mans ruck). For now I've given them a respawnable Stryker MC (respawn time 5 minutes!). I'm a bit concerned about this one though, as it allows one man wrecking crews that can pretty much level a place to the ground, but at least vehicle is subject to aerial engagements. As a CSW team, only two of them can obtain CSW rucks, and both are needed to get the complete set (weapon and tripod). Dropped rucks will be marked when you're within 10 meters of them. Teamplay not suggested here, but enforced due to the powerfulness of the weapons. I only wish we had 60mm mortars as well. Also being SF, these guys are the only ones that can HALO, the rest are restricted to less convenient Combat Jumps (static line, no steering).

5. Limited artillery availability. You have to do side missions to get more fire missions, and you are forced more to think about what munition you want based on availability.

6. Only a few of the games vehicles used as awards. For side missions you only get HMMWVs. For main targets you get the "biggies" up to M2s and M6s.

7. Not so convenient "getting there" options. No parajumping flags, no teleportation, and only one mobile respawn.

Basically much more infantry based than vanilla, with a strong emphasis on roleplay, teamwork, and immersion. Change role if you need another weapon. With scoreboard now being persistent, there is no reason anymore to not wanting to do that. If you're a SAW gunner, the SAW is what you get, with limited options. I also don't use every weapon in the game just because they are there.

...you can. In vanilla you have RESCUE and RESCUE2 as artillery FOs calling in external artillery support, and all squad leaders (I think) can call in air drops consisting of Howitzer, Ammo Drop, and Transport Vehicle. I think you can get MLRS as bonus vehicles, but personally I think they are out of scope (misplaced) in this mission and/or island. No mortars except maybe snitch an enemy mortar...

As squad leader Delta - Engineers I cannot call in artillery or any form of support from the communication or radio submenus. Where exactly are these supports located? Sounds very promising. So what exactly does RESCUE and RESCUE2 do? It sounds more like a CSAR team rather than artillery support. One last question: By "external" artillery do you mean "off-map" support?

I'm more looking for an operable artillery system in this mission such as a mortar, howitzer, or rocket artillery battery (MLRS).

Does anyone have a version of this with the latest code (2.54) but on the Sahrani map? I have been trying to convert it (please don't point me at the guide, I've been there) but it's being a bastard. I am slightly off my face after spending an hour in the dentist's chair this morning while they failed to pull a tooth out properly so any help in sympathy would be gratefully received.

I've got "return to Sahrani" already but I want the features from the latest Taki version and I bet someone has done it already...

@JuggernautOfWar: No sorry, squad leaders for the normal squads can all for air drops. RESCUE and RESCUE2 can rescue people in side missions and call for external artillery support, external meaning scripted artillery, no guns firing, and no AI anywhere, and no human interaction (other than ask for it).

I call it external since in my version there is also a human SF/CSW team who operate real mortars and real Stryker Mortar Carrier vehicle (nobody else can ride the vehicle and nobody else can obtain mortar backpacks).

@TechnoTerrorist303: Sorry, I don't. Would be fun though, I kinda miss Sahrani. Better towns making normal Domination work a lot better than the villages of Takistan does (unless you're willing to expand the zones).