Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Ahh that sucks. I figured it was a domination script, since it uses a code to define a vec_type as an "Engineer" I could just plug that into the i_common file.

I got it to work perfect to drop a salvage truck, but the engineer just doesn't recognises a dropped truck from the one that's at the base. Here's the code in x_client\x_farp.sqf, and I've highlighted what I think I need to find, or at least part of it...

// by Xeno

#include "x_setup.sqf"

private ["_nos", "_notruck", "_vt", "_helper1", "_helper2", "_helper3", "_helper4", "_mt", "_helper", "_farptype", "_farp"];

if ((player call XfGetHeight) > 5) exitWith {"You must be kidding..." call XfGlobalChat};

_d_farp_pos = __pGetVar(d_farp_pos);

if (count _d_farp_pos > 0) exitWith {"You have allready placed a FARP. You have to remove it to build a new one." call XfGlobalChat};

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["Truck", 20];

_notruck = true;

if (count _nos > 0) then {

{

_vt = _x getVariable "d_vec_type";

if (isNil "_vt") then {_vt = ""};

if (_vt == "Engineer") exitWith {_notruck = false};

} forEach _nos;

};

if (_notruck) exitWith {

"No engineer truck nearby to build a FARP!" call XfGlobalChat

};

You seem to have found the correct area there. The script checks if the unit variable d_vec_type is set and equals to "Engineer" for that vehicle. You can either change the condition to check for vehicle type or use setVariable when spawning the airdropped truck and setting that.

I haven't checked the script for doing that, so changing the condition there would probably be the easiest route.

Try substituting

if (count _nos > 0) then {
{
_vt = _x getVariable "d_vec_type";
if (isNil "_vt") then {_vt = ""};
if (_vt == "Engineer") exitWith {_notruck = false};
} forEach _nos;
};

with this:

if (("MtvrSupply_DES_EP1" countType _nos) > 0) then {_notruck = false};

Are there different supply truck classes for different factions? I would assume so and changes would be needed to account for that possibility. But this should get you started ;)

Is anyone having the issue with the scud launcher side mission not completing?

My server is having a problem with people crashing constantly during the game. We average about 10-15 people at a time. Is this a problem with version 28 or something else?

I've noticed that in dedicated TT, no side missions are generated. A hint saying "new side mission available" but no further hints, and nothing on the status screen or map.

The odd thing is, that if I run it in preview, SMs are generated.

Can anyone tell me wich files and parts of those i need to edit in order to be able to have a 3rd MHQ in the mission?

EDIT: Fixed it!

Another thing though, is there a way that i can set the MHQ to be deployed when the server starts?

So that i can teleport to it from the base?

Im putting a MHQ in another location on the map, sort of a FOB..

Edited by Frosties

Engineers stuff is broken in TT, presumably by the new patch.

They still get they the ability to build FARPs but they no longer can repair or analyse damaged vehicles. The new 1.54 repair function appears on the addaction menu, but the scripted Domi ones don't. :(

Not broken, removed ;) And I agree, the old system the way it was designed to handle Arma1 problems, was far too convenient. Now the engineer can only repair to 65% using the builtin system (but available always). You need more? Bring a repair truck. There are two in the mission for a reason. Or have the engineer build a FARP using his truck. So, several possibilities to get things done.

No engineers? Bring repair truck and reammo truck.

Have engineers? Bring engineer truck and build FARP.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Yeah, I posted in the editing/expanding thread on this very subject. You're right, it's too convenient, so we're going to either make the players work hard to obtain that convenience (via a side mission) or make it less convenient.

Hi there!

We have those missions on our server but have a little problems with;

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE AI

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE Revive

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE Wounds

co@30 DomiOA! West ACE Ranked

co@30 DomiOA! West MANDO

Gets a grey screen in the intro and miss the part when you get zoomed in at the start. When mission starts we gets a message about stuff thats been deleted, but we can still enter the mission. We cant find any ammoboxes or use the flagpole as useal?

On the map co30 DomiOA! West Revive [2.22] how can i recruit A.I. into my squad...can anyone help plse!

Squadie;1741061']On the map co30 DomiOA! West Revive [2.22] how can i recruit A.I. into my squad...can anyone help plse!

AI might not be enabled in that version. Not sure, but unless you got barracks at the base you cannot recruit anything.

Hi All

I've been out of touch with Arma for about half a year, and I come back to an great new map, british forces...and to hear that Xeno has stopped working on Domination! NOOO!!!

Does anyone have a mirror of the latest version that I can download, or a server that runs it un-altered so I can connect to get the pbo? Is it 2.29 that last official version?

ALSO - as there are now over 170 pages to this thread - has anyone though to pool any knowledge of common changes to make to Xeno's code? e.g. where the MHQ info is location, how to relocate service points, how to change choppers, change missions etc? I worked it all out myself 6 months ago, and made my own (=WB=) version of domination. However it woud be great to have a WIKI of knowledge or something....Just wishing really :)

~Z~

Thanks Tank - already browsed through all the pages on the new thread now, and posted my first question.......

Cheers for the download links!

~Z~

Xeno,

I realize that you need a break from working on the Domi maps, but why such a drastic move? You have developed probably the most popular mission in the whole game, that's the only thing I have been playing since Arma 1, and you are just quitting totally out of the blue?

Why don't you take some time off, decompress, and then work on the missions only once in a while when you feel like it instead of hitting burnout periodically.

I will certainly appreciate it.

I don't blame Xeno.

After reading some of the loud mouth post/threads around here after they played it (most likely for a year or more), just to turn around and trash talk it as if it was an ex-girlfriend that give them the boot. sheesh:rolleyes:

I don't blame Xeno.

After reading some of the loud mouth post/threads around here after they played it (most likely for a year or more), just to turn around and trash talk it as if it was an ex-girlfriend that give them the boot. sheesh:rolleyes:

Those posts were in the tiny minority. Overwhelmingly, players (and mission editors) have been positive about the mission. Quite rightly so.

Xeno,

I realize that you need a break from working on the Domi maps, but why such a drastic move? You have developed probably the most popular mission in the whole game, that's the only thing I have been playing since Arma 1, and you are just quitting totally out of the blue?

Why don't you take some time off, decompress, and then work on the missions only once in a while when you feel like it instead of hitting burnout periodically.

I will certainly appreciate it.

Couldn't agree more.