Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

My wish for ace version:

Parameter.

Only Medics can Revive YES/NO. If yes, Req eq, Bandages, Morph, Epineph.

(Only medics can gearup at MASH.)

All can heal/bandage wounds YES/NO. If yes, Req eq, Bandages and Morph.

(Bandages and Morphine can be found in a separate box or same as weapons.)

@{SAS}Nutta: I've added our errors to the Domination Tracker. Found a new one in showstatus as well that makes only one intel bit show up in the list instead of all found.

Ahh, thanks for that. I've fixed a few more bugs in DomiOA! 2.28 this weekend, details are over in the Modifying and Expanding Domination thread. If you wish to post them as well that'd be great, otherwise I'll try to drag myself away from editing for long enough to do it myself... :)

After testing co30_Domination_2_28A2_West_R_OA.Takistan, i found two bugs.

1.- Team Alpha Leader, after requesting call drop artillery,when i go to shoot, not shown the map.

2 .- If the engineer dies, it is not possible to place a FARP, never again.

Haven't seen the first one but I've got a fix that seems to do the job for the second - check the link above.

Typo that has been silently stopping the support buildings from being rebuilt:

XFacRebuild.fsm,

Where is this file, mate? I can't find it.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

And Domination seems to have disappeared from Dev Hev. :(

Where is this file, mate? I can't find it.
In the fsms directory, best edited with BIS's FSM Editor (which I only discovered after a couple of days spent nearly driving myself crazy double quoting everything... :banghead:)

Worrying news indeed, can only hope it's not a permanent state of affairs!

Hmmm. There's no file of that name in the FSMs directory of my TT mission folder. I do see it in other versions though.

Ahh, I haven't tried the TT version, we're running co-op on our server. Will have a look at it in a bit and see if I can see what's going on.

Yep, removed. And it won't come back.

Xeno

That's a shame. Thanks for the dedication, Xeno.

That's a shame. Thanks for the dedication, Xeno.

Agreed. Domination is one of the most popular if not the most popular maps played in the ArmA community, and it will probably stay like that for some time.

I understand that you don't intend to bring back the Dev Heaven, but will you be checking Domination for any bugs caused by the upcoming patch? I'm not saying add support for the DLC, but any other changes they are making in the patch.

;1712083']

I understand that you don't intend to bring back the Dev Heaven' date=' but will you be checking Domination for any bugs caused by the upcoming patch? I'm not saying add support for the DLC, but any other changes they are making in the patch.[/quote']

Simple answer, no.

Xeno

Simple answer, no.

Xeno

So, who is it you are trying to punish here? Would it make a difference if all your fans came on here and told you how much they love your work? Please don't let a handful of forum moaners taint your view of the community or the fans of your missions and hard work.

For every one moaner there is an army of silent fans who's appreciation you cannot begin to fathom. Never forget that.

If the reason is some thing personal in your own life or your just simply burnt out with Arma then fair enough, we should be happy and thankful with what you haven given us. But please don't let naysayers dissuade you or dampen your will to further your projects/vision. This includes ACE and Domination.

Thank you Xeno for what you have given us.

It is time for this thread to turn around.

Xeno thank you for all your hard work. If it was not for you I would still know crap about scripting. Thanks to you I have found new interest in ARMA.

Thanks again.

For every one moaner there is an army of silent fans who's appreciation you cannot begin to fathom. Never forget that.

^^This

Xeno thank you for all your hard work. If it was not for you I would still know crap about scripting.

^^and this,

and the fact that in the other thread people are now starting to seeing bugs and how to fix these instead of just "how to add hardware"; makes me think some of those who edit Domination are maturing.

Will be a sad thing to see this one go, as there really exist no other decent alternatives for coop with the same kind of random dynamics, (re)playability, works on persistent, and with a tonne of custom features (okay, so I turn some of them off).

And, snap - gone, without a notice? I think today is the day I start drinking... :811: I can play other missions, but there is no way in hell I'm gonna invest time in learning them so as to build a custom system for myself with them. :butbut: Guess my editing days are done. :( With only being able to play, it will just be so empty. Guess it's time to move on.........

:depressed:

I'm really sorry if you covered this question before, there's just so many pages of this thread. I really enjoy playing domination on other servers, and just today I put up my clan's dedicated server and would like to run domination on it, but we don't use ACE or anything like that. Admittedly I didn't look too far, but which versions of DominationA2 can I run on a server which doesn't run any mods?

Thank you in advance for your time and keep up the great work.

Yeah I saw that, but when I loaded one without ace.. it said something I needed like war2vehicles... or something along those lines.

= true

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Xeno thank you for all your hard work. If it was not for you I would still know crap about scripting. Thanks to you I have found new interest in ARMA.

this = true too

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I can play other missions, but there is no way in hell I'm gonna invest time in learning them so as to build a custom system for myself with them. :butbut: Guess my editing days are done. :( With only being able to play, it will just be so empty. Guess it's time to move on.........

this = true as well.

Yeah I saw that, but when I loaded one without ace.. it said something I needed like war2vehicles... or something along those lines.

i guess you need to run the OAversion of Dom - that error sounds like the one my m8 run into when not running CombOps - you basically missing A2 content

A big thank you Xeno, you'll be missed.

Good luck with your life. ;)

:war:

Thank you very much for all your efforts on making Arma (II, OA) a fun experience for anyone and everyone Xeno, you will be missed.. Part of me hopes that we will see a return someday, whenever that may be.

You will always be recognised as one of the elite in the ArmA community!:)

Well it is the end of an era. I never thought I'd see this happen. Thank you Xeno!

*round of applause*

You can modify the mission without asking me, just do it.

You don't have to ask me to release a modified version.

There are more important things in life!

I am sure that this means we shall still see new versions of Domination being released.

Of course. People will always have their custom versions, though whether they post them on the forum or not is another matter.