Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

How would you go about doing that exactly? Is there a way to use "getPlayerUID" or something which can check for certain members?

There is a way. I believe it's called getPlayerUID :D Search for example use of this command in Domination scripts, there should be plenty.

Start your OA beta patch correctly :)

It can happen when using Launcher programs but it has nothing to do with Dom or your own missions.

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

is missing in your mod line.

Xeno

I am still having all the errors when playing/editing missions and on startup. Instead of creating a whole thread about it, I though I better ask here again.

Here below is the line I am using, i can not see anything wrong with it, but the errors stays.

Anyone has an idea whats wrong with the line?

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\ expansion -cpucount=2

TVT dominai!!

Xeno I love it.

BUT

I was thinking more on the lines of this.

I just was in the mission where you have to kill the drug lord.

In TVT the way you have it, it seams that it means that both teams have to try to kill the drug lord? which could be a daunting task.

I was thinking more on the lines, one team would have to defend and the other team would have to attack it. Leaving the main bases the airfield. So both teams would have to mobilize MHQ's quickly to get a good field advantage.

-also this would include no enemy AI within the town.

would this be too difficult to incorporate?

I am still having all the errors when playing/editing missions and on startup. Instead of creating a whole thread about it, I though I better ask here again.

Here below is the line I am using, i can not see anything wrong with it, but the errors stays.

Anyone has an idea whats wrong with the line?

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\ expansion -cpucount=2

Have you tried the Arma 2 OA Launcher ?

Makes things a lot easier...adding mods, startup scripts etc...

http://arma2.paro-technology.com/

I use a verification script, u just need to change the letters from this line:

(_letter2==??)&&(_letter3==??)&&(_letter4==??)&&(_letter5==??)

according to the ACII table (starts with letter 0 as the first letter of your name).

It will kick people out of vehicles if they are not from your clan.

hope this helps.

Thanks for all of your help and code, I will try to apply all of this tomorrow and see if I can get it working!

Have you tried the Arma 2 OA Launcher ?

Makes things a lot easier...adding mods, startup scripts etc...

http://arma2.paro-technology.com/

No I have not, just using the normal exe icon that came with the beta patch.

Thanks for the link, I will download it.

I use a verification script, u just need to change the letters from this line:

(_letter2==??)&&(_letter3==??)&&(_letter4==??)&&(_letter5==??)

according to the ACII table (starts with letter 0 as the first letter of your name).

It will kick people out of vehicles if they are not from your clan.

VERIFICATION SCRIPT:

/*  
Type 0 - no gunner verification
Type 1 - gunner verification
Made by bonecollector edited by RT. Green Label for Green Label
Comment it kick out people  out of a vehicle when they are no from GL 
Usage : _vc=[this,0] execVM "verification.sqf";
*/ 
_vec = _this select 0;
_type = _this select 1;
private [ "_vec","_was_engineon", "_name", "_narray","_letter0","_letter1","_letter2","_letter3","_letter4","_letter5","_cnt"];

//if (!isServer) then {
while {true} do { 		
	//check driver	 
	if (player == driver _vec || (player == gunner _vec && _type==1) || player == commander _vec) then {							 
			_name=name player;
			_narray=  toArray(_name);
			_letter0=(_narray select 0);
			_letter1=(_narray select 1);
			_letter2=(_narray select 2);
			_letter3=(_narray select 3);
			_letter4=(_narray select 4);
			_letter5=(_narray select 5);
			_cnt=count _narray;
		if (_cnt<7) then {
		   player action ["Eject",_vec];			   
		   player commandChat "This vehicule is restricted to Green Label members only"  ;
		   _vec engineOn false;				  
			} else {
					if (((_letter2==??)&&(_letter3==??)&&(_letter4==??)&&(_letter5==??))) then {
				} else {
				   player action ["Eject",_vec];
				   player commandChat "This vehicle is restricted to Green Label members only" ; 		
				   _vec engineOn false;					   
				};
			};			
	};	
sleep 3;
};
//};

hope this helps.

Hi again

Im in the =WBG= group

How would I put that into this script of yours ?

Sorry for being a dumba*s

Thanks

you can edit wich vehicles can be lifted in the client.ini file.

look for

d_helilift1_types

the copy this to the right line:

case (__OAVer): {
	["M1133_MEV_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","LandRover_CZ_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","M119_US_EP1","M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","M6_EP1","MLRS_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1","M1130_CV_EP1","M1129_MC_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","M1135_ATGMV_EP1","SUV_UN_EP1"]

(that's about every humv or stryker/apc in it.)

maybe not all realistic, but i second that the tusk or normal tank is too heavy for lifting. and opens up possibilities for all players in the server.

i had some awesome battles just on my own with 16 ai and some vehicles at night.

I cant get this working in the TVT version.

Just tried it again using a fresh i_client from 2.27.. changed it to this.

d_helilift1_types =
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_EAST__
switch (true) do {
case (__OAVer): {
	["LandRover_MG_TK_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","UAZ_MG_TK_EP1","UAZ_AGS30_TK_EP1","ZSU_TK_EP1","T72_TK_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","LandRover_CZ_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","M119_US_EP1","M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","M6_EP1","MLRS_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1","M1130_CV_EP1","M1129_MC_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","M1135_ATGMV_EP1","SUV_UN_EP1"]

and the east side doesn't even lift the stock vehicles.

Edited by SpecterM

Hi again

Im in the =WBG= group

How would I put that into this script of yours ?

Sorry for being a dumba*s

Thanks

(_letter0==61)&&(_letter1==87)&&(_letter2==66)&&(_letter3==71)&&(_letter4==61)

http://asciitable.com/

use this table to make adjustments.

and its not MY script,

Edited it from BoneCollector (=7Cav=) ;)

Edited by RT. Green Label

Why I can't get any AT weapons or C4 in the ranked mode?

since 2.26,i never can get any AT weapons or C4 in a ranked mode, not matter how high I've promote. of course I 've choosen a AT role.

Is this a problem or a new idea of mission design?

and its not MY script,

Thanks RT. Green Label

It works a treat...you da man and BoneCollector.....

Edited by pillpopper123

OA Only 2.28 Release

This is the last DomOA! 2 release (if there are no gamebreaking bugs).

I'm moving on, want to see how that DLC thingie develops (and probably completely retire depending on the outcome).

Mainly bugfixes, see changelog

The OA version still uses only OA content so all players can play it and not only those who have ArmA 2 allready.

Changelog:

• Fixed, some TT sidemissions were to close to the east base
  • Changed, if you change the mission and lock any of the standard Dom vehicles and choppers in the editor they will respawn locked once destroyed
  • Fixed, a bracket to much completely broke ranked version weapon cargo script. The script parser doesn't report an additional bracket as an error :(
  • Fixed, placing a MG nest was broken

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

The mission package now includes the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- West Ranked

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

- East Ranked

- West ACE

- West ACE AI

- West ACE Revive

- West ACE Wounds

- West ACE Ranked

- West MANDO

- TvT TT

One more thing...

You don't have to ask me to modify Dom, just do it. You can even release modified versions of Dom without asking me. There are more important things in life.

I won't answer to mails regarding modifying Dom, my time is to limited, sorry.

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

helo scrip brings an error at intro seqence. seems broken.

Only in the ACE version but it doesn't use it anyway. Nothing gamebreaking.

Edit:

I'm uploading 2.28 again with that cosmetic problem fixed, just for you :)

Online in a few seconds.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Hm, just joined two 2.27 games (ranked, revive) and both of them complained about weapon cfgs (the first about G36C scoped and the second about the M16), presumably these two rpt lines:

Warning Message: Error: creating weapon G36C with scope=private

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.M16A4'.

Both are followed by an ARSELOAD of weapon/magazine warnings, the game only seem to spit out the first warning ingame.

Oh and what's with the sudden love for ranked version running on servers? Great in theory, game wrecking in practice IMO :(

Both games I joined had ALL helos gone and abandoned out in the field, probably because the pilots that where high enough to pilot them had gone. Also there was several wrecks laying about. Take the wreck helo to recover the helicopters and wrecks? Nope, no one ranked high enough - or at least no one that high that cared. While I like the idea of ranked/limited weapons, ranked vehicles is an awful, awful idea because those that get high points get it for a reason - they're on the ground cleaning up half the AO targets before you even get there. Supporting the team is an ungrateful job. You cant match vehicles with ranks, because a captain can be an absolutely horrible pilot that crash into mountains by fumbling through what chat type he should use, while a private that joined 1 minute ago can be that A10 pilot that hit your lazed targets while flying upside down, voicechatting and using TrackIR at the same time.

Edited by Murklor

I just added a salvage truck to the "call drop" dialog so that engineers don't have to drive the entire map to get to their farp while the fighting goes on. Problem is, engineers still can't build a farp around the dropped truck.

Where might I find the code that defines the salvage truck (actually called MtvrSupply_DES_EP1 in OA) as a truck that engineers can build a farp around? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hm, just joined two 2.27 games (ranked, revive) and both of them complained about weapon cfgs (the first about G36C scoped and the second about the M16), presumably these two rpt lines:

There is no G36C or M16A4 in the OA versions.

For your other problem... nothing I can do about. That's the risk playing on public servers.

Now I'm out of here. Have fun.

Xeno

There goes another one..... :(

A million thanks for all your efforts, Xeno.

CYA on the battlefields

There is no G36C or M16A4 in the OA versions.

Ah. Well that explains why my OA standalone and the OA server I joined had difficulties with it...

Only in the ACE version but it doesn't use it anyway. Nothing gamebreaking.

Edit:

I'm uploading 2.28 again with that cosmetic problem fixed, just for you :)

Online in a few seconds.

Xeno

wow just a version for me ;) getting wet now :D

thx

I just added a salvage truck to the "call drop" dialog so that engineers don't have to drive the entire map to get to their farp while the fighting goes on. Problem is, engineers still can't build a farp around the dropped truck.

Where might I find the code that defines the salvage truck (actually called MtvrSupply_DES_EP1 in OA) as a truck that engineers can build a farp around? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can't. I wouldn't even try :) I've added the salvagetruck (MtvrSupply_DES_EP1, consistent bug throughout OA - crazy!) to the liftables though. Not sure if it was missing all the time or if I messed up my own version somewhere.

You can't. I wouldn't even try :) I've added the salvagetruck (MtvrSupply_DES_EP1, consistent bug throughout OA - crazy!) to the liftables though. Not sure if it was missing all the time or if I messed up my own version somewhere.

Ahh that sucks. I figured it was a domination script, since it uses a code to define a vec_type as an "Engineer" I could just plug that into the i_common file.

I got it to work perfect to drop a salvage truck, but the engineer just doesn't recognises a dropped truck from the one that's at the base. Here's the code in x_client\x_farp.sqf, and I've highlighted what I think I need to find, or at least part of it...

// by Xeno

#include "x_setup.sqf"

private ["_nos", "_notruck", "_vt", "_helper1", "_helper2", "_helper3", "_helper4", "_mt", "_helper", "_farptype", "_farp"];

if ((player call XfGetHeight) > 5) exitWith {"You must be kidding..." call XfGlobalChat};

_d_farp_pos = __pGetVar(d_farp_pos);

if (count _d_farp_pos > 0) exitWith {"You have allready placed a FARP. You have to remove it to build a new one." call XfGlobalChat};

_nos = (position player) nearObjects ["Truck", 20];

_notruck = true;

if (count _nos > 0) then {

{

_vt = _x getVariable "d_vec_type";

if (isNil "_vt") then {_vt = ""};

if (_vt == "Engineer") exitWith {_notruck = false};

} forEach _nos;

};

if (_notruck) exitWith {

"No engineer truck nearby to build a FARP!" call XfGlobalChat

};

It's not that simple. Salvage trucks work like MHQs, as in the actual vehicle class is unimportant. You can't just drop a Stryker MEV and have it function as a MHQ and the same is true here. Specific vehicles (xvec6 and xvec10 in this case) are designated as salvage trucks in the init.

and its not MY script,

Hi again RT. Green Label

Sorry to be a pain but do you know how to get the heli to lock again after it is detroyed in domination?, it only does it once then forgets.

Thanks dude