Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

If ANYONE knows how to disable the "respawning" of vehicles / aircraft, please let me know. It's pretty much the only thing i'm stumped on.

Look near the end of init.sqf, there's a bunch of respawn stuff for the helos and vehicles there. I'm looking at an old version, but presumably that part hasnt changed much.

Look near the end of init.sqf, there's a bunch of respawn stuff for the helos and vehicles there. I'm looking at an old version, but presumably that part hasnt changed much.

Thanks for the input, I will definitely snoop around that section of script and see what I can do.

I just want to give a big thanks to Xeno for Domination. Domination missions have proved to be very popular with my small "clan" of players, and they're a fussy bunch so that's no easy feat! We've been playing the Chenarus version but I think an upgrade to the OA version is on the cards.

The only suggestion I have is to have an option to scale down the number of enemies somehow. With only about four players on average (and none of us very good), we're hard pressed to complete the minumum of two main missions in an evening.

Yes, we should expect a mission designed for dozens of players to be very difficult, but we have a hard time playing anything else!

@nichevo:

Possible options:

1) Go for side missions only. You'll still have to fight some tanks.

2) Start with less or no armor, as set on the parameter screen.

3) Edit the mission; two possible routes:

* Adjust every side mission to use different and lighter types of vehicles.

* Search for WithLessArmor in i_server.sqf. The arrays downwards define the numbers of enemies found at main targets.

LOL Carl ya beat me to it posted while I was typeing

very simple for you to fix yourself Nichevo (as long as you can depbo a file and if not Dl cpbo its in kegetys tools google it or www.armaholic.com it and you will be fine) next go into i)server and look 1/2 to 3/4 the way down until you see a table that will have entrys that read like this

[[1,0], 1], // tanks

[[1,0], 1], // apc (bmp)

[[1,1], 1], // apc2 (brdm)

[[1,1], 1], // jeep with mg (uaz mg)

[[1,0], 1] // jeep with gl (uaz grenade)

you will have to do some reading in there but it is commented (don't want this post to take up to much room or I would do step by step) after all these values are where you want them put the missions into you A2 user missions folder start the game and go to editor you should now see your mission in there.then save as a mp mission and your good to go locate the mission in your main A2 mpmissions folder put it on your server and you are good to go if you have any questions I am normaly over at.

ts.jsoc-gamer.org port 9988 (ts3 server) website www.10thsfg.org any of the guys can help you contact me if I am not there.

remember adding vehics and simple tweeks can be done by you and Xeno can use his time for the framework.I time permitting can even help with more advanced changes if you need them just ask.

Cheer's ChefD

Both issues fixed. All A2 dependencies removed and the ammo boxes show up again in the TT version.

2.27 uploaded, same place as everytime.

Xeno

Many thanks :icon14:

Do i need some kind of mod to use the ACRE PR119 radio ?

What does the radio actually do ?

Dorph;1705658']Do i need some kind of mod to use the ACRE PR119 radio ?

What does the radio actually do ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103472

It adds realistic radios to the game. But you need TS 3 for it.

And it changes gameplay completely (not comparable with the A2/OA ingame voice system). Once you've played with it you won't play without it :)

Xeno

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103472

It adds realistic radios to the game. But you need TS 3 for it.

And it changes gameplay completely (not comparable with the A2/OA ingame voice system). Once you've played with it you won't play without it :)

Xeno

It's a shame that TS3 and OA won't play together on my PC for some reason. :(

Xeno,

I fancy a ranked TT with weapons limited. Can you foresee these modes having any incompatibilities?

Tanky -Paul-

Is there an easy way to update version 2.24 to 2.27? I've edited:

1. A few files in the x_client folder (x_weaponcargo_oa, x_playerammobox)

2. description.et

3. i_client.sqf

4. i_commn.sqf

5. i_server.sqf

6. init.sqf

If I just automatically overwrite those files from the 2.24 version, will I be ok? Or will I have to go line-by-line to replace?

Is there an easy way to update version 2.24 to 2.27? I've edited:

1. A few files in the x_client folder (x_weaponcargo_oa, x_playerammobox)

2. description.et

3. i_client.sqf

4. i_commn.sqf

5. i_server.sqf

6. init.sqf

If I just automatically overwrite those files from the 2.24 version, will I be ok? Or will I have to go line-by-line to replace?

Try this. It's excellent. You can compare the files between releases and then see if you need to remake your edits.

http://www.scootersoftware.com/

Personally I use UltraCompare, which if I want to can compare three files or folders; my version, latest version, and second latest version. UltraEdit for the actual editing work.

You don't want to try to stay updated without a good comparison tool, trust me on that. Even with good tools I'm sometimes able to mess up quite badly, but my edits are quite extensive.

@Xeno:

Maybe when ACRE is used Domination should use check similar to ACE radiocheck for artillery and drop operators?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Personally I use UltraCompare, which if I want to can compare three files or folders; my version, latest version, and second latest version. UltraEdit for the actual editing work.

You don't want to try to stay updated without a good comparison tool, trust me on that. Even with good tools I'm sometimes able to mess up quite badly, but my edits are quite extensive.

looks good, but $60.00 good? I dunno.

Xeno great work again.

1 question for you guys...

Ive added a small base north of map with a spawn point which we our clan can start at from begining separate from rest of players, but when we die and try to respawn at that point it respawns you there dead.

Which file can I edit to tell the mission I have added this base and spawn point?, ive added the button name in r_init.sqf.

Also is there a way to have all the helis locked by default and only open to certain people?

Thanks guys..

See you on the dark side

Edited by pillpopper123

I dunno if this is mission related or not - but it only happened for me so far on a server running this mission so here it goes:

Sometimes I loose the possibility to open my parachute from the action menu. Also the default action to open the chute does not work anymore - I see it on screen for a second or two after I get out of the helo but then the "open parachute" is gone from screen and from the action menu, too.

And I splash full speed into the ground... not pretty.

Does not happen that often, but it sure happens from time to time...

Ive added a small base north of map with a spawn point which we our clan can start at from begining separate from rest of players, but when we die and try to respawn at that point it respawns you there dead.

Which file can I edit to tell the mission I have added this base and spawn point?, ive added the button name in r_init.sqf.

The spawn marker is already set for domination, you are probably gonna have to move that marker where you want it. Otherwise you will run into problems.

Also is there a way to have all the helis locked by default and only open to certain people?

If you are preparing the mission for a dedicated server, you should be able to lock all the vehicles / aircraft (just double click the object and select "locked" under the "vehicle lock:" option menu). Once you do this, they will be locked when you preview the mission but when you publish it to the server, any logged in administrator can unlock them with the scroll option menu.

Hi Virus

I know about admin unlocking and locking helis, what I am looking for is helis to unlock when our clan mates try them and not just the admin having to run around unlocked them for us, if there is such a thing it would be great.

As for adding a spawn point under the 4th spawn option it sort of works but when you press the 4th spawn button it looks like its gonna spawn you but leaves you dead, wondering if I need to add this extra spawn point anywhere else in all these files...

Thanks dude anyway.

Why would you want to do that? If you guys are not around then nobody wants to (or even can) play. Certain vehicles I would agree on, but all helis?

The x_client\x_check*.sqf scripts are where you want to look. I've put in restrictions based on slot (vehicle you can operate is based on who you are, due to being more roleplay oriented than default), but most helis (littlebirds excluded, being slot based and special purpose for me) are free for all.

I've added this to x_checkhelipilot.sqf (HR5 is an AH-6X for me, HR6 is HM-6J):

if (_vehicle in [hr5] && !(format ["%1",player] in ["delta_1","delta_2"])) then {
	["Restricted access! Only members of the sniper team may pilot this chopper!", "SIDE"] call XHintChatMsg;
	_exit_it = true;
};
if (_vehicle in [hr6] && !(format ["%1",player] in ["charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_3","charlie_4","charlie_5"])) then {
	["Restricted access! Only members of the weapons team may pilot this chopper!", "SIDE"] call XHintChatMsg;
	_exit_it = true;
};

I use slots, but you could easily change it to check name of the player.

Btw, some guys doesn't like this very much and jump into helis starting them up - I assume only to be annoying. The vanilla method for checking and shutting down engines doesn't work due to a locality bug with the command (Xeno knows). A workaround is to read fuel level, remove all fuel, wait a couple of seconds (until the guy was kicked out of the vehicle), then add back the fuel. You'll get the alarm, but that only lasts a few seconds compared to a running chopper or other vehicle.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

There seems to be a problem with the MG nest script in 2.27. The nest gets built just fine, but the marker never shows up on the map and the player never gets the "Remove MG Nest" action. This allows players to spam an unlimited number of nests with no ability to remove any of them.

Using the ACE version, though the script is the same for all versions.

Why would you want to do that? If you guys are not around then nobody wants to (or even can) play. Certain vehicles I would agree on, but all helis?

The x_client\x_check*.sqf scripts are where you want to look. I've put in restrictions based on slot (vehicle you can operate is based on who you are, due to being more roleplay oriented than default), but most helis (littlebirds excluded, being slot based and special purpose for me) are free for all.

I've added this to x_checkhelipilot.sqf (HR5 is an AH-6X for me, HR6 is HM-6J):

if (_vehicle in [hr5] && !(format ["%1",player] in ["delta_1","delta_2"])) then {
	["Restricted access! Only members of the sniper team may pilot this chopper!", "SIDE"] call XHintChatMsg;
	_exit_it = true;
};
if (_vehicle in [hr6] && !(format ["%1",player] in ["charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_3","charlie_4","charlie_5"])) then {
	["Restricted access! Only members of the weapons team may pilot this chopper!", "SIDE"] call XHintChatMsg;
	_exit_it = true;
};

I use slots, but you could easily change it to check name of the player.

Btw, some guys doesn't like this very much and jump into helis starting them up - I assume only to be annoying. The vanilla method for checking and shutting down engines doesn't work due to a locality bug with the command (Xeno knows). A workaround is to read fuel level, remove all fuel, wait a couple of seconds (until the guy was kicked out of the vehicle), then add back the fuel. You'll get the alarm, but that only lasts a few seconds compared to a running chopper or other vehicle.

Thanks CarlGustaffa

Ive added our own helis,( 2 little birds) at our clan base, not touched the default one, there free for anyone to use, ours are just for side missions only, sick of not having an heli to take our squad to mission thats all.

Im not that great at understanding this code you have put but ill have a go.

thanks again dude.

_exit_it = true;
};
	_exit_it = true;
};

but you could easily change it to check name of the player.

How would you go about doing that exactly? Is there a way to use "getPlayerUID" or something which can check for certain members?

Hey Xeno, would it be at all possible to get the air dropped artillery piece to align with the ground that it lands upon. At the moment the feature really doesn't work how you would expected it to.

The problem is. if you place your artillery piece higher than your target (as you would want to) then you can't actually aim down the hill because the gun can't go past horizontal and it always lands perfectly level, even on a slope.

How would you go about doing that exactly? Is there a way to use "getPlayerUID" or something which can check for certain members?

I use a verification script, u just need to change the letters from this line:

(_letter2==??)&&(_letter3==??)&&(_letter4==??)&&(_letter5==??)

according to the ACII table (starts with letter 0 as the first letter of your name).

It will kick people out of vehicles if they are not from your clan.

VERIFICATION SCRIPT:

/*  
Type 0 - no gunner verification
Type 1 - gunner verification
Made by bonecollector edited by RT. Green Label for Green Label
Comment it kick out people  out of a vehicle when they are no from GL 
Usage : _vc=[this,0] execVM "verification.sqf";
*/ 
_vec = _this select 0;
_type = _this select 1;
private [ "_vec","_was_engineon", "_name", "_narray","_letter0","_letter1","_letter2","_letter3","_letter4","_letter5","_cnt"];

//if (!isServer) then {
while {true} do { 		
	//check driver	 
	if (player == driver _vec || (player == gunner _vec && _type==1) || player == commander _vec) then {							 
			_name=name player;
			_narray=  toArray(_name);
			_letter0=(_narray select 0);
			_letter1=(_narray select 1);
			_letter2=(_narray select 2);
			_letter3=(_narray select 3);
			_letter4=(_narray select 4);
			_letter5=(_narray select 5);
			_cnt=count _narray;
		if (_cnt<7) then {
		   player action ["Eject",_vec];			   
		   player commandChat "This vehicule is restricted to Green Label members only"  ;
		   _vec engineOn false;				  
			} else {
					if (((_letter2==??)&&(_letter3==??)&&(_letter4==??)&&(_letter5==??))) then {
				} else {
				   player action ["Eject",_vec];
				   player commandChat "This vehicle is restricted to Green Label members only" ; 		
				   _vec engineOn false;					   
				};
			};			
	};	
sleep 3;
};
//};

hope this helps.

Edited by RT. Green Label