Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

I noticed in 2.24 that the new Chinook lifter was completely unable to be repaired/refueled at b the chopper service, anyone know if this is a bug in Dom or if there is some new "trick" to it (need to be at a certain damage level?).

For some reason wrecks also went haywire... Repairing the Bradley, all done. Repairing the AH6, all done. Repairing the AH6 again a second after its done. Oh wait there's a Bradley wreck marker next to the wreck repair. But there's no wreck.

The base shooting protection remain completely ineffective and rather pointless... We had a guy that spent over an hour shooting down our own helos at base with the Strela while claiming it was "enemies" and yelling noobs. Then of course we started killing him. I killed him maybe 10 times as soon as he got out of the spawn, but was never kicked. Even when he was stationary in the "protected" area, I simply used a hummer and pushed him out of it. IE this shooting protection really doesnt do crap against greifing, if you want to do it you still can easily. Its merely an annoyance that's more likely to make enemies over the base kill you.

I noticed in 2.24 that the new Chinook lifter was completely unable to be repaired/refueled at b the chopper service, anyone know if this is a bug in Dom or if there is some new "trick" to it (need to be at a certain damage level?).

Now that you mention it, I noticed that I couldn't repair the Chinook as an engineer either. Didn't think much of it but theres possibly an issue there.

sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I was wondering how you fix wrecks? is it only selected vehicles which are fixable?

I can see that there is an area where you air lift them to but can't seem to work out how to fix the wrecks I had put there.

For some reason wrecks also went haywire... Repairing the Bradley, all done. Repairing the AH6, all done. Repairing the AH6 again a second after its done. Oh wait there's a Bradley wreck marker next to the wreck repair. But there's no wreck.

The base shooting protection remain completely ineffective and rather pointless... We had a guy that spent over an hour shooting down our own helos at base with the Strela while claiming it was "enemies" and yelling noobs. Then of course we started killing him. I killed him maybe 10 times as soon as he got out of the spawn, but was never kicked. Even when he was stationary in the "protected" area, I simply used a hummer and pushed him out of it. IE this shooting protection really doesnt do crap against greifing, if you want to do it you still can easily. Its merely an annoyance that's more likely to make enemies over the base kill you.

Now that you mention it, I noticed that I couldn't repair the Chinook as an engineer either. Didn't think much of it but theres possibly an issue there.

If you are doing the 'sidemissions only' there are no supportbuildings.

So no Jet service, Wreck service or Chopper service. Don't know about the Vehicle service tho'.

@Murklor

Servicing vehicles works perfectly well, as long as the server and clients use at least patch 1.52 and not what was sold as 1.52. Patch 1.52 internal build number is about 200 higher than the 1.52 release version (Steam, Metaboli, etc, version).

The 1.52 release version is missing the new turret commands introduced in patch 1.52.

Concerning your problems with base shooting. If somebody can fire an hour at base without getting kicked then either the system isn't active (turned off) or it's a modded version where something breaks or it's one of those nice guys who are able to bypass signature check and battleye.

Xeno

d_carrier is just a query of 'domination-carrier' per the modular nature of the domination script. if the mission is domination-carrier than the box needs to appear somewhere else.

the creation of the player ammobox (not the same as the droppable) happens in x_client/x_setupplayer.sqf: execVM "x_client\x_playerammobox.sqf";

x_client/x_playerammobox.sqf actually creates the ammobox using the position from i_client (d_player_ammobox_pos). changing the position in i_client will only move the box.

theres a variety of ways to get an additional box to spawn, maybe a second command of execVM "x_client\x_playerammobox.sqf"; using a different position.

I'm still studying the mission myself honestly.

Thanks for the info. I'm still at a loss, sadly. Are you saying I should make another copy of the x_playerammobox.sqf and call it something else to get the box to work, then put another position in i_client? Thanks.

OA Only 2.25 Release

Some changes, see changelog.

The OA version still uses only OA content so all players can play it and not only those who have ArmA 2 allready.

Changelog:

• Added, server lobby parameter to add ACRE PR119 radio to ammoboxes in non ACE versions, default disabled
  • Changed, small enhancements on the limited weapons script, switched to OA weapons
  • Changed, FARP is now a WarfareBVehicleServicePoint, building a FARP is only possible if an engineer truck is nearby. Engineers can restore refuel/repair capability at a FARP
  • Fixed, slope problems when placing MG Nest and Mash
  • Fixed, stupid bug in infiltrate FSM. Sabotage groups where created every 400 seconds now only about once an hour
  • Fixed, destroy Scud sidemission
  • Changed, brighter nights again (fullmoon)
  • Added, TT TvT OA version (no ACE version yet)
  • Fixed, base vehicle service points didn't work in sidemissions only mode
  • and as usual some more internal changes

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

The mission package now includes the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- West Ranked

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

- East Ranked

- West ACE

- West ACE AI

- West ACE Revive

- West ACE Wounds

- West ACE Ranked

- West MANDO

- TvT TT

One more thing...

You don't have to ask me to modify Dom, just do it. You can even release modified versions of Dom without asking me. There are more important things in life.

I won't answer to mails regarding modifying Dom, my time is to limited, sorry.

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Thanks for the info. I'm still at a loss, sadly. Are you saying I should make another copy of the x_playerammobox.sqf and call it something else to get the box to work, then put another position in i_client? Thanks.

sounds like that might be worth trying.

make a copy like x_playerammobox2.sqf

add a new pos to i_client such as d_player_ammobox2_pos

edit x_playerammobox2.sqf to use d_player_ammobox2_pos

edit x_setupplayer.sqf and add the line: execVM "x_client\x_playerammobox2.sqf";

back up everything first, but that might work

@Murklor

Servicing vehicles works perfectly well, as long as the server and clients use at least patch 1.52 and not what was sold as 1.52. Patch 1.52 internal build number is about 200 higher than the 1.52 release version (Steam, Metaboli, etc, version).

The 1.52 release version is missing the new turret commands introduced in patch 1.52.

Concerning your problems with base shooting. If somebody can fire an hour at base without getting kicked then either the system isn't active (turned off) or it's a modded version where something breaks or it's one of those nice guys who are able to bypass signature check and battleye.

Xeno

I am using the latest beta, but of course I have no idea what the server used other than just 1.52 from the browser menu.

The fire protection was certainly active (people did get kicked a little now and then during the mission)... Dont know if it was modded - like 90% of all Dom servers are modded one way or another, never the same.

Couldnt you do an ingame "punishment" instead, much like the "prison" for teamkilling concept? For example:

- Create a secondary small base far, far out (normally the base would not be in use).

- Expand the main base danger zone by a sizeable amount

- If a player holds his weapon in fire ready stance in the base for longer than a certain amount of time (cumulative) AND the base is safe, he gets automatically warped to the second base and has to work to get back. Add warnings like "Lower your weapon soldier!" prior to warp, whatever.

This would mean that you are free to engage when there are enemies nearby, you will get a warning instead of being insta-kicked, it makes sense in terms of realism, possibly make the players leave on their own, while leaving the door open to mistakes. It imposes no artificial limits to shooting so sure you might get teamkilled in the base... But then he's gone.

If the secondary base has no vehicles, then the player will have to ask the other players for a ride. If he's a griefer... well, you get the idea. Somebody will react. Just leave him there then ;)

Trying new version 2.25TT - i cant lift the mhq with any of the lift choppers, has something changed?

Trying new version 2.25TT - i cant lift the mhq with any of the lift choppers, has something changed?

Yeah, the west side is not allowed to lift anything to make it more balanced :p

No, just kidding. Forgot to add the vehicles, damn.

Xeno

I've uploaded 2.26 (which only fixes the TvT lift problem).

Xeno

Having a bit of an issue trying to use air drops in the ACE version 2.24 and 2.25. I use the interface, call the air drop, the radio chatter comes up, the plane flies over, it says it's been dropped and then nothing. Plane flies off, no ammo/humvee appears in the sky or on the ground.

Works perfectly in the non-ACE version for the record.

Edited by Ringosis

Having a bit of a problem getting kicked from my own Dedi-Server in new 2.25. I don't use Keys on my Private Server is there a new Key Check? or what is different from 2.24?

Message right after loading mission is "You were kicked off the game".. Server Error Report says "Cheat Tools" were do I turn this off?

Thanks

Edited by vengeance1

Running 2.26 TT OA version on my server. I thought you only needed OA to play, but 3 players have been kicked while joining for missing content (chernarus, lav25)?

Is it possible the mission dependencies are messed up or am I doing something wrong (more than likely:rolleyes: ) ?

I'm running combined operations btw.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

The deployed ammo boxes also seem to be invisible...?

sounds like that might be worth trying.

make a copy like x_playerammobox2.sqf

add a new pos to i_client such as d_player_ammobox2_pos

edit x_playerammobox2.sqf to use d_player_ammobox2_pos

edit x_setupplayer.sqf and add the line: execVM "x_client\x_playerammobox2.sqf";

back up everything first, but that might work

That actually worked perfectly, thanks! :yay:

One last thing: I'm trying to replace the flag with one of our own, and it works perfectly fine on a home server, but can't seem to find it on a dedi. I placed the file in the \pics\ folder. Is there another path or folder I should place it in and change the i_common accordingly? Thanks

Below is my code....

// OATODO: check if the flag names are still the same

//default flag GUER

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__

FLAG_BASE setflagtexture "pics\sparta_flag_red.paa";

#endif

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_EAST__

if (__OAVer) then {

FLAG_BASE setflagtexture "pics\sparta_flag_red.paa";

} else {

FLAG_BASE setflagtexture "\ca\data\flag_rus_co.paa";

};

#endif

Edited by Durka-Durka

Running 2.26 TT OA version on my server. I thought you only needed OA to play, but 3 players have been kicked while joining for missing content (chernarus, lav25)?

Is it possible the mission dependencies are messed up or am I doing something wrong (more than likely:rolleyes: ) ?

No, you're right. There are still a few dependencies in there from Chernarus. I really wish the mission editor removed things like that.

Implementation of changes started.

Noticed the changes to the limited_weapons system. I like it. But consider adding M136 and RPG18 to _standard_weap. It's a "high cost" AT weapon that nobody "likes" to drag around, due to the ammo slot issue, but at least there is an option when no AT guys are around. The lonely lurker still doesn't get off easy, but it's below the impossible threshold :p

Potential bug in x_server\x_shootari.sqf:

You've added a ; to only one of the else {}; statements, but there are three more.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

The deployed ammo boxes also seem to be invisible...?

Both issues fixed. All A2 dependencies removed and the ammo boxes show up again in the TT version.

2.27 uploaded, same place as everytime.

Xeno

For the array holding the classnames of what the WC can lift, look in i_common for x_heli_wreck_lift_types = d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array + d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array;

As you can see, it's basically, all the main target prize vehicles plus all the side target vehicles. So you need to make another array with the classnames of the vehicles and add that to that line.

As for not having the lift choppers respawn, that's an interesting one, but I don't see them as combat vehicles, so I don't have a problem with them respawning.

Thanks very much for the help, I think that did the trick!

If ANYONE knows how to disable the "respawning" of vehicles / aircraft, please let me know. It's pretty much the only thing i'm stumped on.

Edited by VirusLIVED

@CarlGustaffa LOL you and me both

Although I would love to learn more about anti cheat solution Xeno has in here.

Cheer's ChefD