Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

@NP. Green Label:

Yup, makes even me feel like I'm a good pilot. Even if I'm infantryboy. And, great fun.

Yes, I don't like rambos either. With the UHs now gone from the respawnables, there is a less chance it will happen. Not that that has been a huge problem anyway.

Not sure it is mentioned anywhere, but I got one UH60 as side mission reward.

Shouldn't be a problem replacing the UH-1Hs for UH-60s if you want to. Markers are done via scripts. Check init.sqf and client.sqf.

@Xeno:

Couple of problematic issues:

1) The amount of drops on the base are insane. We felt we couldn't get out of the base, lol. Would be nice if this was based on available players. We want it active as a nice diversion, but being quite low in numbers it became a significant nuisance.

2) Despawn the dropped units 5 minutes after last man leaves. Lessens the chances that the new player will face insane amounts of enemies on the base.

3) They seem to attack vehicles etc, but not so much the buildings.

4) They don't have any AT capabilities that I've seen. Base will soon be filled with awarded tanks that most people are too lazy to drive the the target. Means its just a matter of killing them off with no risk, just boring.

5) A warning when shooting in the base. Got a few laughs when new players started firing on enemy units that was still outside the base. - boink - kicked :D

6) Lower the protective cylinder so that it is less than two meters high. Will allow us to shoot at enemies from afar without hitting the cylinder.

7) Mark the protective area. Maybe doubling it and having it textured with a visible color but slightly transparent, being only centimeters above the ground.

8) Make sure new joiners are actually inside the protective zone when the joins. If the units was in a nice FILE formation at the start I think that would be possible (and look better if everyone joins at the same time). I believe you only need setFormation on the leaders init to make it happen.

Edit, zones:

_pos = [getPos FLAG_BASE select 0, getPos FLAG_BASE select 1, -26.5]; //Main item

_pos = [getPos FLAG_BASE select 0, getPos FLAG_BASE select 1, -28.475]; //Ground marker of location. -28.5 causes z-fighting.

_col = [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,ca)"]; //Main item

_col = [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,ca)"]; //Ground marker, barely visible.

If you want, just a suggestion.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

1) The amount of drops on the base are insane. We felt we couldn't get out of the base, lol. Would be nice if this was based on available players. We want it active as a nice diversion, but being quite low in numbers it became a significant nuisance.

Im gonna have to agree on this one. We were about half hour into the mission today and an enemy tank drove right over our spawn. At the same time I was commanding my Newly created AI to destroy the tank and it wasnt responding. Server crashed. I think i may disable attack base. Its only in version 2.24. That ive noticed anyway.

Recently, my AI commands got messed up.

I press space and say "Get in ...."

The message says "Get support at ..."

Then the ai says "No can do"

they used to just board the vehicle on the "get in command"

What did I do?

***EDIT****

I found out what the problem was.

The beta patch was directed wrong with my steam game.

Edited by SpecterM

;1699254']Well in vanilla...

You should be able to place Nests on rather steep sloaps too..

Xeno' date=' do you have a plan for this?[/quote']

@Xeno:

I think I've found a small issue with this mg_nest system.

The original

_mg_nest = createVehicle [d_mg_nest, _d_mgnest_pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
_mg_nest setdir _dir_to_set;
[_mg_nest, -1.1] call XfSetHeight;

doesn't seem to work well for me.

But my old system

_mg_nest = d_mg_nest createVehicle [0,0,0];
_mg_nest setDir _dir_to_set;
_mg_nest setPos [_d_mgnest_pos select 0, _d_mgnest_pos select 1, -1.1]; //-1.1 for "Land_HBarrier3" based fortifications.

does work.

Seems to me createVehicle array does not want to play ball when placing on slopes or something. But old style createVehicle does not have this problem (may have others).

Array version does not conform to surface angle, nor does it seem to react to negative values in the XfSetHeight call (which I need). Maybe "CAN_COLLIDE" would have worked, didn't check.

I have just been playing around with the normal revive mission the last couple of days. And some questions have come up.

- Cant seem to pick up the ammo crate to the MHQ. Is it a speciel crate?

- There isnt any BIS backpacks in the gear crate.? Are they rewards or just not in the mision? Asking because im playing with my friends and we wont be more than 4-7 players. So it would be nice to have the capability to bring extra ammo for AT or MG gunner.

Also with capability in oa to pack up the m2, mortars and more. Is this something that are planned for future versions??

Edited by dkraver

@Carl

I've fixed the placement problem allready eralier this week. No idea why I never changed it, it's an easy fix.

- Cant seem to pick up the ammo crate to the MHQ. Is it a speciel crate?

Did you try at the ammoload point ?

- There isnt any BIS backpacks in the gear crate.? Are they rewards or just not in the mision? Asking because im playing with my friends and we wont be more than 4-7 players. So it would be nice to have the capability to bring extra ammo for AT or MG gunner.

I've removed them completely because of various problems they are causing like floating backpacks around ammoboxes (ammoboxes have a very very limited space for backpacks), you can't read their content (backpacks are technically just ammo crates but maybe something will change in a future OA patch ;)) and you are not able to add them to a crate with scripting commands as those don't exist (a player/unit can put a backpack into a crate ingame but that's it).

Also with capability in oa to pack up the m2, mortars and more. Is this something that are planned for future versions??

Same like above. May change if the BIS backpack system gets enhanced but I doubt it.

Just think about long running missions and the island is full of backpacks/crew served weapons of players who left.

If you want backpacks/crewserved weapons you should try the ACE version as we are using our own backpack system in ACE which also supports all A2 and OA units :)

Xeno

Couple of problematic issues:

Most of the time its not even a diversion though - people completely ignore it and just teleport to the AO.

I would question the purpose of commiting units to attacking the main base period. Its supposed to be your HQ, the safe haven... That's why there are zones you have to travel to and capture, is it not? Since you cant actually loose your main base, theres little threat. The AI is not very effective, we all know that. Even if two tanks roll in, parachuters drop and cars zoom about they're just going to be dumb and brainless, no real target other than "go to base and if you feel like it, search and destroy at random".

These units could be used to better simulate ground reinforcements to AO instead. Like seeing a convoy of 2 tanks, a truck full of infantry and 2 light support vehicles roll into an AO and actually try to retake a bunker, to prevent you from capping the zone.

More randomized events at AO to make them fun, less random HQ chaos that's not even needed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murklor

Curious question: What is the logic behind removing the wreck helo?

It makes the prizes much more valuable because players know one they lose them, they are gone for good. They are more careful with them and they fight harder to win them in the first place.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Cool! :)

Meantime, RTGL, there's a working TT in Domi 2.11. It's only Chernarus, but it's still great fun. I'm porting it to Takistan right now.

Tank I respectfully disagree on this. When the frenzy starts (war frenzy) this doesn't seem to stem the fly and crash and destroy equipment syndrom. I agree it should but doesn't seem to.

I personally play engineer frequently and quit often I support my fellow players by trying to collect wrecks and keep the base in some simblance of order. Yes I do fight also and my fellow clan members do clean up after themselves.

I feel that in taking away the abiltiy or the neccessity to recover wrecks and repair them that we are doing away with an importent aspect of this game and Domination itself.

I relise that "BALANCE" must be kept but this, I feel, does not advance balance.

Naa, was an error in one of the FSMs. Instead of waiting at least an hour the FSM paused only for 400 seconds. It's fixed allready, will be available in the next release.

I've also changed the FARP thingie for engineers like Blacksheep suggested.

Instead of a H a warfare service point gets placed but you need an engineer truck near you when you want to build a FARP. Engineers can restore their repair/refuel capabilities in a FARP.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Naa, was an error in one of the FSMs. Instead of waiting at least an hour the FSM paused only for 400 seconds. It's fixed allready, will be available in the next release.

Thank heavens. I wsa getting more than a little fatigued fighting those buggers. :cool:

I've also changed the FARP thingie for engineers like Blacksheep suggested.

Instead of a H a warfare service point gets placed but you need an engineer truck near you when you want to build a FARP. Engineers can restore their repair/refuel capabilities in a FARP.

Xeno

Now I really like this. Finally, Engineer Trucks goes to War.:)

I feel that in taking away the abiltiy or the neccessity to recover wrecks and repair them that we are doing away with an importent aspect of this game and Domination itself.

True... It doesnt really matter if its an event IMO. Its really quite simple: you're facing a million gazillion enemies (especially when FSMs are bugged ;)). Realisticly, you *will not survive*. Wreck repair is part of creating the ongoing war that is the core of Domination. If an M1 tank survive an entire mission killing 200 infantry and 50 enemy tanks on his own, I dont consider it a show of skill - it was the AI that didnt put up enough of a fight. Its only natural that you will take losses. Since all AOs are the same, you cant exactly say "hey we'll hold back the M1 for this critical part of our mission!". It doesnt really matter when you deploy it.

Unless the event was TvT of course, then I understand it.

Somewhere in this thread I believe there was a coment on tanks being lift and such and reference to the fact that it could take a good while to get a tank via land to the AO.

Well I know some things about realisim and I know a C130 could not lift a Main Battle Tank like an Abrams. But this may be a way of bending the rules and keeping things not real easy. Unless we're going to insert a C5 and a way bit longer runway. Most likely NOT an option.

A c130 could be scripted to load a Tank and air drop it. And of course the tank is subject to any physics if it lands wrong. Even possible destruction. Would this be viable or perhaps a good idea?

Okay, this one has been bugging me for a while now. How do you get the choppers to NOT respawn back at base after they have been destroyed? I tried many different things, nothing seems to be working though.

My goal is to give the wreck chopper a purpose, thus making everything NOT respawn.

My other problem is, I can't find the correct file which displays all the wreck classes etc. The wreck lift will only lift very few known wrecks, I want to add the OA classes to the list etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Okay, this one has been bugging me for a while now. How do you get the choppers to NOT respawn back at base after they have been destroyed? I tried many different things, nothing seems to be working though.

My goal is to give the wreck chopper a purpose, thus making everything NOT respawn.

My other problem is, I can't find the correct file which displays all the wreck classes etc. The wreck lift will only lift very few known wrecks, I want to add the OA classes to the list etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

For the array holding the classnames of what the WC can lift, look in i_common for x_heli_wreck_lift_types = d_sm_bonus_vehicle_array + d_mt_bonus_vehicle_array;

As you can see, it's basically, all the main target prize vehicles plus all the side target vehicles. So you need to make another array with the classnames of the vehicles and add that to that line.

As for not having the lift choppers respawn, that's an interesting one, but I don't see them as combat vehicles, so I don't have a problem with them respawning.

Sorry but I'm totally lost with the this...which version of ACE do you need to play the OA Ace version of Domination 2?

I tried getting the beta OA version off of the Six Updater but I get loads of texture errors.

Since I've download domination (latest update) a couple of days ago and placed them in my mission folders I am getting a lot of error pop ups, all artilery related. Is that normal, or did I something wrong? I am also getting the errors in my own missions now.

I am also getting the errors in my own missions now.

Start your OA beta patch correctly :)

It can happen when using Launcher programs but it has nothing to do with Dom or your own missions.

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

is missing in your mod line.

Xeno

Start your OA beta patch correctly :)

It can happen when using Launcher programs but it has nothing to do with Dom or your own missions.

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

is missing in your mod line.

Xeno

Ahh yes, I did change some stuff in the line to add a server. guess I messed up there then. Thanks for pointing to the problem :)

I really like your mission btw!

Parameters-> Old Ammobox Handling

Thanks. Are there any side effects to old ammo box handling? If I start up that way, will there be a problem with something else? Thanks.

EDIT: Old ammobox handling doesn't seem to work. When I start, no boxes in choppers or MHQ

EDIT2: I'm also trying to make a second ammobox inside the base, I have done the i_client part right, as you'll see below, but I think it's dependent on another file that I can't seem to figure out. Does it have something to do with d_carrier? I know I'm close, can somebody help me for the last part? Thanks!

i_client script

// position of the player ammobox at base (created only on the players computer, refilled

every 20 minutes)

d_player_ammobox_pos =

#ifdef __DEFAULT__

if (isNil "d_with_carrier") then {

if (__OAVer) then

{

[

[[8286.27,2106.76,0],152],

[[8300.01,1867.75,0],152] ]

} else {

[[4707.69,10232,0],320]

}

} else {

[[14490.3,365.406,15.9],180]

};

#endif

Edited by Durka-Durka

My congratulations to Xeno, for its wonderful Domination mission.

Why not get the full text of the file tasks.sqf in notes from the map?

Regards.-

sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I was wondering how you fix wrecks? is it only selected vehicles which are fixable?

I can see that there is an area where you air lift them to but can't seem to work out how to fix the wrecks I had put there.

EDIT2: I'm also trying to make a second ammobox inside the base, I have done the i_client part right, as you'll see below, but I think it's dependent on another file that I can't seem to figure out. Does it have something to do with d_carrier? I know I'm close, can somebody help me for the last part? Thanks!

d_carrier is just a query of 'domination-carrier' per the modular nature of the domination script. if the mission is domination-carrier than the box needs to appear somewhere else.

the creation of the player ammobox (not the same as the droppable) happens in x_client/x_setupplayer.sqf: execVM "x_client\x_playerammobox.sqf";

x_client/x_playerammobox.sqf actually creates the ammobox using the position from i_client (d_player_ammobox_pos). changing the position in i_client will only move the box.

theres a variety of ways to get an additional box to spawn, maybe a second command of execVM "x_client\x_playerammobox.sqf"; using a different position.

I'm still studying the mission myself honestly.